Autopsy You get what you deserve - vs GWS review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I can accept games from him wheregets less than 20 touches given his midfield time is lower than a few seasons ago.

What I can’t accept are 1 tackle per games efforts (which he had history of ) in finals games and showdowns.
Tacking reflects your attitude.

Given the above You’ve also got to ask how he can be appointed as captain.
He is borderline getting a game for mine. No pace, little impact around the game. Surely we have some hungry 20 year Olds who'd love to play some footy.

"People can say we had some injured players, or some blokes who were less than perfect – I can guarantee you that if some of the replacements were put out there, it would have been a much, much worse result."
- Ken Hinkley

Imagine being someone like a Francis Evans, Sam Hayes, Jackson Mead etc and hearing your coach telling the media if you had have played the team would have been smashed even harder than we were.
No matter if its true or not, that is a pathetic outlook and response from the so called leader of the club.
I can't bring myself to listen to the presser but if that's what he said then it just defies belief.

The club has made probably the worst decision ever by extending this guy. Why didn't we wait to the end of the season?

The only saving grace is that we lost this week instead of getting pounded next week.

And still lost.

Some midget sheepdog in our forward line is the least of our problems when your entire midfield - including 3 all australians, a brownlow medallist and a #1 pick all get smashed in a final. Again.
The number of contested marks we give up all over the ground including our defensive 50 worries me more.

We have tools to fix the problem you have accurately mentioned but I’m not so sure about the one I mentioned.

He is borderline getting a game for mine. No pace, little impact around the game. Surely we have some hungry 20 year Olds who'd love to play some footy.

627be9a753166e439a349432c58b2de4.jpg

"People can say we had some injured players, or some blokes who were less than perfect – I can guarantee you that if some of the replacements were put out there, it would have been a much, much worse result."
- Ken Hinkley

Imagine being someone like a Francis Evans, Sam Hayes, Jackson Mead etc and hearing your coach telling the media if you had have played the team would have been smashed even harder than we were.
No matter if its true or not, that is a pathetic outlook and response from the so called leader of the club.
One thing I can guarantee Hinkley. If we had anyone but you coaching the team we would have had a much better result

- Ken Hinkley

Wtf is a "worse" result anyway

We ****ing lost.

He makes it seem like it's all bad luck.

When the reality is that the reason why we have to rely on cooked and injured players is down to list management decisions and selection decisions.

Why didn't we look at getting some KPD depth in the offseason last yeat? Why did we give clurey a 5 year contract when he was already physically cooked? Why haven't we been able to draft and develop any reasonable kpds in the past 10 years?

Why haven't we given opportunities to players when there have been spots available?

Lycett has been injured 3 quarters of the year and in that time we've dumped games into spuds like Teakle and Visentini who isn't ready. When we could've given Hayes 15 games this year, 15 games last year.

If Hayes wasn't up to it then why have we had him on the list for 7 years.

Very little in football is luck, especially if the same shit happens year on year.

Hinkley is taking the ****ing piss in his press conference:

1) ‘Any of the players replacing the guys who played tonight would’ve made the result worse.’ Yeeeeeeah I’m sure Evans in for McEntee or Fantasia for DBJ or Narkle for Wines or Hayes for Lycett would’ve made this WORSE… you’re a joke.

2) ‘The ball just bounced the right way for GWS at the contest.’ You could’ve used this putrid excuse last week against Brisbane where it was maybe applicable. Last night was all effort. The first and second quarter we had no one running defensively or on the wings and GWS just torched us at every contest inside and then outside.

3) ‘I don’t think it was an issue of getting our hands on the ball or work rate it was just our cleanliness with the ball’.
You ****ing idiot.. we had 120 disposals at half time. That would have to be close to a low for any team this entire season and were also down 23-9 clearances at half time. It wasn’t an ‘efficiency’ thing it was clearly bloody an effort or fitness/defensive minded issue of the midfield.

Piss weak excuses from a piss weak coach who is always defensive after losses and never wants to accept any ****ing accountability.

Hinkley is taking the ******* piss in his press conference:

1) ‘Any of the players replacing the guys who played tonight would’ve made the result worse.’ Yeeeeeeah I’m sure Evans in for McEntee or Fantasia for DBJ or Narkle for Wines or Hayes for Lycett would’ve made this WORSE… you’re a joke.

2) ‘The ball just bounced the right way for GWS at the contest.’ You could’ve used this putrid excuse last week against Brisbane where it was maybe applicable. Last night was all effort. The first and second quarter we had no one running defensively or on the wings and GWS just torched us at every contest inside and then outside.

3) ‘I don’t think it was an issue of getting our hands on the ball or work rate it was just our cleanliness with the ball’.
You ******* idiot.. we had 120 disposals at half time. That would have to be close to a low for any team this entire season and were also down 23-9 clearances at half time. It wasn’t an ‘efficiency’ thing it was clearly bloody an effort or fitness/defensive minded issue of the midfield.

Piss weak excuses from a piss weak coach who is always defensive after losses and never wants to accept any ******* accountability.

He literally had no idea what he's watching lol. The second quarter was Norf/west coast tier.

Time after time he demonstrates basically no understanding at all of the game

The number of contested marks we give up all over the ground including our defensive 50 worries me more.

We have tools to fix the problem you have accurately mentioned but I’m not so sure about the one I mentioned.

I would be interested in knowing what those tools are. It cannot be talls who can take a contested mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine Hayes, Narkle, Fantapants, Evans, Jackson, Bonner etc sitting at home while the coach goes.. yeah the half injured guys were shit, but imagine if we'd played the losers who didn't get picked, they're even worse lol

This ****stick might be the worst coach in the league

You ******* idiot.. we had 120 disposals at half time. That would have to be close to a low for any team this entire season and were also down 23-9 clearances at half time. It wasn’t an ‘efficiency’ thing it was clearly bloody an effort or fitness/defensive minded issue of the midfield.

Piss weak excuses from a piss weak coach who is always defensive after losses and never wants to accept any ******* accountability.
Just another example of sackable coaching. If that's his true honest take aways, he literally has nfi what he just led and what actually happened.

The players are all irrelevant anyway. The game plan is irrelevant. You could transplant any player into this team and it would be the same result, because the reality is that it is 100% mental.

As soon as the pressure is on, the performances turn to shit and it's been the case for years. Look at our performance in prime time night games. Look at our performances at Adelaide Oval. Look at our performances in finals, especially knock out finals. Look at our performance in close games. Look at our performances against top 8/4 opposition.

Look at our goal kicking, especially under any form of scoreboard pressure.

If this game was played at 4pm on a Sunday in round 13 at Blacktown International Sportspark I'd 100% expect us to win by 10 goals.

How can no one in the club realise this? They point to all this meaningless minor round form against pathetic opposition but can't seem to notice that the key ingredient to win a flag is missing.

Where is the leadership? Where are the standards?

At the bye, it is generally considered that Hinkley got the extension and also some power back into the coaching box and the finals has all of his hallmarks of mediocrity.

Hinkley went in with injured players. Did we really think Lycett, McKenzie and Dixon were going to impact the game positively.

Dixon had Collins all night and Collins was awesome.
McKenzie got killed by Hogan.
Lycett was done by Briggs.

And with Lycett, he just doesn't seem to have the connection with Rozee, Butters and the rest of the midfield, especially in finals. Last time we played GWS, Hayes rucked and he just gives them opportunities to shine. Lycett battles manfully and little else. When Dixon went into the ruck, we were better but they were way up on us by then.

Hinkley went in with spuddy McSpudfaces that were poor in form.

McEntee cannot play football and cannot play for the Port Adelaide Football Club again. He is unbelievably bad.
Byrne-Jones hasn't been the best for a while.
What the Heck is going on with Duursma. He is almost playing like he's off to the Hawks for pick 27. His body seems to have left him. I've seen the dude play great footy so I hold out some hope but if we got a late first rounder and he was happy to go, I would seriously consider it.
Finlayson as the sub. What is going on? Having a big guy as a sub because we went in with too many injured big guys is a terrible way to coach a game.
Wines was terrible. 5 possies at the half. And he has the gall to yap on the field telling other players what to do. I know he is captain but get your own game right, son.

Their midfield was just too synergistic for ours and I've seen our midfield play together many times this year. They won contests, they spread better, played better together, won clearances like a procession, their overlap was very impressive with their runners and they were just better coached and focussed. In the end, they just worked much harder than us.

The first quarter was goal for goal but you kinda felt they were winning clearance too easily. We were a bit lucky but hung in there.
Second quarter, they obliterated us and we were lucky not to be down more.
5 minutes left in the half, the Giants set up shop and played that way pretty much for the rest of the game.
We actually had many opportunities to get a run on but it just didn't happen for whatever reason.

Given the possible influx of players from trades, you would have to say:

McKenzie is borderline backup next year. Esava on Hogan would have been a much better matchup.
Lycett is probably gone. Hopefully Sweet is ready to go. If so, he will help our chances big time next year.
I really don't know how Dixon fits into our team next year.
McEntee has to be replaced. He really is a net loss. Terrible.
Byrne-Jones has some skills so I will hold off on him. Has to earn his spot.
Boak seems to have played his last game for the Power. Bring in a young kid. Hugh Jackson.
Wines. Play him in the guts or trade him.
Duursma. Not playing well at all. Looks spooked. Has to earn his spot. Jase Burgoyne. Josh Sinn.
Finlayson. Dunno.

And personally, I dunno about Burton.

Rozee, Butters, Houston and Horne-Francis have overall been disappointing as their first go around as leaders and best players in the team but they were severely hamstrung by a lot of poor decision making by the coaching staff.

Anyway, the most dire problem is obviously Hinkley and Koch and until they go, we are doomed for failure of which they seem to really enjoy. Well, not doomed but very hard to play and win in spite of them. And all for 2 more or possibly 3 more years.

I'm off to see the presser.

We have a really good list and some of the holes seem to be filled this off season but the overall attitude and strategies of the coaching staff is just horrid.

Gws are going to get pumped next week.
Most would have said the same in 2019.

GWS might not get it done, but they are a group with massive ticker and a captain who is all **** and just hates losing. We should remember what that sort of squad make-up can achieve. Add to that, the fact they played the most bruise free semi in years- I give them a chance. Collingwood were less than impressive against Melbourne and have played 2 games in 4 weeks.

Shout out to Willie Rioli thought he worked his guts out and put his body on the line.

Imagine Hayes, Narkle, Fantapants, Evans, Jackson, Bonner etc sitting at home while the coach goes.. yeah the half injured guys were s**t, but imagine if we'd played the losers who didn't get picked, they're even worse lol

This *stick might be the worst coach in the league

Hinkley throwing players under a bus who weren’t even playing, by claiming none of the above could have done a more effective job than Jed or X. That Hayes wouldn’t have at least matched Lycett’s contribution. Dixon we had to roll the dice on, Lycett far less so but McKenzie absolutely should not have been out there.

Imagine the psychological impact on a younger player. Things don’t really matter unless Ken is happy. What an appalling human being he is. A new low.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

This fück wit just completed his eleventh season and still has the audacity to pot the depth of the squad he has built over that time. He’s a fûcking disgrace

Trent McKenzie also had some off-field drama before the game.

His brother was involved in a local footy brawl yesterday afternoon.

Imagine Hayes, Narkle, Fantapants, Evans, Jackson, Bonner etc sitting at home while the coach goes.. yeah the half injured guys were s**t, but imagine if we'd played the losers who didn't get picked, they're even worse lol

This *stick might be the worst coach in the league
might?

If it wasn't for James Hird he might be the worst coach in AFL history.

What's GWS' excuse?
Lose Cameron, Taranto and Hopper, so could blame lack of personnel.
Drop to 16th after a fairly good run of finals since 2016.
Sack Cameron.
Now they could chose to pack it in, get handouts from the AFL for a few years and blame the lack of support or interest in western Sydney, the crowds, etc.
They're now in a PF, exceeding all industry expectations.

Clubs that are successful and win don't make excuses, they get on with the job, rise to the occassion and succeed.

They find a bluepoint, concoct a plan, utilise a strategy and succeed.

Ken blames the inexperience of the midfield. Also blamed the injuries of Dixon, Lycett and McKenzie.
He continues to facilitate a failed football program, accept losing and think it's a luck based industry.

Losers make excuses, winners find a way. Unfortunately we're in the former camo and have been for many years under Hinkley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy You get what you deserve - vs GWS review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back