You Were Wrong!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I've bagged plenty and praised plenty too early, sometimes I've been vindicated, sometimes I get an egg-flip on the face. I'll continue in that vain when I think it's warranted because this is not a fan-club, but a forum.

Players' form dips and peaks, and it is lunacy to pretend it was always a steady progression, that they were always a rock. Criticism is often warranted, although its always an error to write someone off entirely, eg. Leigh Brown.

You were wrong, you were wrong
You were wrong, yeah, you were wrong
You were wrong, JeffDunne , holdin out on Bally too long.
You know you ain't right, Ross ain't right,
It ain't right, you ain't right
It ain't right, trolling all night
I try and I try with all my might, but you won't see the light.
No matter how good your arse gets owned, you only wanna troll and fight
You were wrong, Hodgepodge, pushing your crap too long
You know you ain't right, you ain't right
I ask myself, and I ask myself, and ask myself again,
How can this Bradbury hero be right, when they keep on livin' in denial?
You were wrong, Fireman, stainin' your sheets too long.
You know it ain't right, you ain't right

:D:D Poetic license? :D:D

That's right Dawson,

I predicted a flag this year on there board in the most arrogant and condescending way. And we got it. I have pwned everyone on that board.
Love ya work Paddy, I miss the days when we double teamed those w***ers.

I'm glad you told them THEY WERE WRONG

Yeah, that was a lot of fun. A massive ownage though. I don't think a whole websit could have been owned more. Wrong, wrong wrong wrong wrong........wrong wrong.

Expecially the main moderator. Santo >>>>> than the whole community.

YOU WERE WRONG

Oh and they are bringing fromtheouter back. I WILL be signing up an account

You should sign up to, along with a few others, my word should be treated with ultimate respect just to piss those guys off. What do you think Paddy.... Paddy types... wow, yes Paddy I agree lol.

understudy, DNine, Magpie Greg, FuManchu etc etc

If they ever do reappear it will be with a couple of minor sorry words not the pages upon pages of negativity and hatred they wrote week after week

And the fact is they are probably hurting more because we did win, they can't celebrate like we can

What about the morons who bagged Leigh Brown for two years?

WOuld be about half this board.

Plus those mentioned are bigger supporters of Collingwood than upstarts like you will ever be.

Plus those mentioned are bigger supporters of Collingwood than upstarts like you will ever be.

Or you could equally say that the majority of criticism he was given was totally justified at the time given the level of his performances which were quite frankly very ordinary.

That doesn't take anything away from what he achieved this year which on the flip side was extraordinary given his form up until this year.

Neeld summed it up well in his player review:

He is an experienced player who reads the football industry very well. He understood what his role was and understood how to play it.

The club understands where Brown is at with his footy.

You are Magpie Greg....no?... on Nicks at least and have written some interesting historical stuff.
I found you last 2-3 pieces very interesting and entertaining.

Undies was the biggest, foundationless Malthouse hater of all time (as opposed to those who could make a valid argument why), DNine is certifiable, no matter who he supports.
Fu Manchu is still in self imposed exile on the main board, but regardless of his former lack of confidence in Malthouse is much. much more positive these days.

To say half the board was coming down on the Anvil would be a massive over-statement.
Many had their reservations, some backed him all the way and a very small percentage carried the North Melbourne supporters view he was a hack, at least until the evidence was in to the contrary.

At the end of the day though, those who have made a habit of bagging either the Coach the side or individual players "without foundation" or as part of personal vendetta know who they are and most are no longer around.

You are Magpie Greg....no?... on Nicks at least and have written some interesting historical stuff.
I found you last 2-3 pieces very interesting and entertaining.

Undies was the biggest, foundationless Malthouse hater of all time (as opposed to those who could make a valid argument why), DNine is certifiable, no matter who he supports.
Fu Manchu is still in self imposed exile on the main board, but regardless of his former lack of confidence in Malthouse is much. much more positive these days.

To say half the board was coming down on the Anvil would be a massive over-statement.
Many had their reservations, some backed him all the way and a very small percentage carried the North Melbourne supporters view he was a hack, at least until the evidence was in to the contrary.

At the end of the day though, those who have made a habit of bagging either the Coach the side or individual players "without foundation" or as part of personal vendetta know who they are and most are no longer around.

It may have been Nicks board then, moreso than here, but plenty of them said it there. Comments such as if he is picked again they will refuse to go to the game.

But all of us make comments and have opinions some of which are borne out and some are not. To bring up the bad calls of people without also bringing up their right calls is pretty urine weak in my opinion.

Support is going to the games and barracking for the team. Not making comments on the internet.

Any Bigfooty poster whose team isn't Collingwood! They tipped against us. Large majority anyway.

Your were all ****en wrong you dumb *****!!!!

Some of the so called Collingwood supporters on other Magpie forums who said Eddie out outstayed his welcome and MM will never win us a flag with his gameplan.

Kiss my ****! You were all wrong. Should be ashamed of yourselves. Ever heard of side by side????

These coaches: Ratten, Lyon, Thompson who all had excuses for why we smacked them in the 2nd half of the year and didn't give us the credit. Put simply, we were way better.

You were all wrong.

I get everything wrong anyway. No good changing now at my age...lol!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS, we won the flag and still the personal crap goes on. I said we wouldn't win under MM and I don't care if people had a problem with it. I still think his list management was poor for a long time I still think the sight of the end sharpened his resolve. In that regard Eddie did what I didn't think he'd do and he showed MM the finality of his tenure. Eddie has made some big errors though. As have said before, I'll cop the good with the bad IF the balance brings premierships and that is exactly where we are so any criticisms I have are tempered by achieving the only goal that really matters for all concerned. I don't anyone at Collingwood should be defened no matter what though.

As for Greg, I reckon he is a Collingwood man through and through. I agree with some of his views and not with others but I don't doubt he wants Collingwood to win premierships.

All the personal stuff both ways is poor form though. Someone has to be the bigger person and look at the flag waving in the breeze while they take a chill pill.

My 2 bob anyway...

It's seems a shame to close an otherwise perfectly good thread so i've deleted the personal posts instead.

A warning to the posters who have taken this thread off topic that any future personal/off topic/flaming posts in this thread will be be met with infractions.

Take the vendettas elsewhere.

I've bagged plenty and praised plenty too early, sometimes I've been vindicated, sometimes I get an egg-flip on the face. I'll continue in that vain when I think it's warranted because this is not a fan-club, but a forum.

Players' form dips and peaks, and it is lunacy to pretend it was always a steady progression, that they were always a rock. Criticism is often warranted, although its always an error to write someone off entirely, eg. Leigh Brown.

This.

It is non-sense to say the least that people want to use our success as an oppertunity to snipe people or argue over petty personal issues.

The fact is this is a place for discussing things and often things that have a reasonable at the time are wrong in retrospect.

As the Spiceman points out this is a discussion forum. It would be boring and false if we just came here and all spewed praise. Whilst there are many who choose to be either extremely positive or skeptical neither view makes anyone more of a fan. Being more negative doesn't mean you are more insiteful and smart and being more positive doesn't make you a more true fan.

We all veiw the game in our own way and come here to discuss it, if you don't like someones veiws use the sites ignore function rather then continue non-sense battles.

This.

It is non-sense to say the least that people want to use our success as an oppertunity to snipe people or argue over petty personal issues.

The fact is this is a place for discussing things and often things that have a reasonable at the time are wrong in retrospect.

As the Spiceman points out this is a discussion forum. It would be boring and false if we just came here and all spewed praise. Whilst there are many who choose to be either extremely positive or skeptical neither view makes anyone more of a fan. Being more negative doesn't mean you are more insiteful and smart and being more positive doesn't make you a more true fan.

We all veiw the game in our own way and come here to discuss it, if you don't like someones veiws use the sites ignore function rather then continue non-sense battles.

I was just about to make this post.:thumbsu:
We all have plenty of opportunity to get down and personal in the individual threads.

I was wrong about Toovey.

I will stand up and take my medicine. I honestly just didn't think he was up to the standard a few years ago but he has proved me wrong and I couldn't be happier!

Toooooovesss!

Remove this Banner Ad

You Were Wrong!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back