Young AFL star in sex assault

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm 40. I have a wife and a daughter. I'm also 100% against sexual assault, abuse of women, and also aginst the unethical treatment of women as what happens time and time again with footballers.

Just because I firmly believe this woman and many others have not in fact been sexually assaulted, does not mean I don't respect women.

No one on this thread are saying women don't have the right to say no, and no one is condoning sexual assault or violence against women.

And many women agree with most of the board's views here.

Wait, wait, wait... Bunsen, you're married?
I guess you are insecure then...:cool:

I'm 40. I have a wife and a daughter. I'm also 100% against sexual assault, abuse of women, and also aginst the unethical treatment of women as what happens time and time again with footballers.

Just because I firmly believe this woman and many others have not in fact been sexually assaulted, does not mean I don't respect women.

No one on this thread are saying women don't have the right to say no, and no one is condoning sexual assault or violence against women.

And many women agree with most of the board's views here.

I do not know the facts as im sure most wouldnt.

Why don't we let the courts or police decide if she is telling the truth.

If players are found guilty of this there will be alot of people running for cover.

If this is the girl making accusations dont we have a system in place to say if she is telling the truth?
This is always going to be hard, particularly if the alleged victim doesn't go get a rape test the next morning, and even then if the rape kit shows nothing it doesn't necessarily mean they haven't been r*ped.

In this particular case this girl was allegedly bragging about having sex with multiple players on the internet. You don't do that if you said no at the time. It's seems at a later date when she realised whe had been exploited and treated like a slurry did she feel she was assaulted. Not good enough. By bragging about publicly clearly at the time she was also exploiting them for her own perceived status.

These women need to be educated what often happens and that they need to say no if they think they will regret the most likely scenario: being thrown on the "slurry scrapheap".

It's not just the players who need to be educated. Fault and responsibility is shared here.

And what we are talking about has nothing to do with actual sexual assault. That is a separate metter that is quite clear what the rules are.

It stagers me that people are happy to jump on and hide behind there computer and speak of a 17yo girl in such a discraceful way when im sure they do not have a clue what actually happened.
But you are sure?

Tell, if she is the victim then why did she brag about it?

I would not wish this on my worst enemy.
Personally I wouldn't wish my worst enemy be accused of a sexual assault he didn't commit.

The girl has issues but there are people on here who have bigger issues.
Having issues doesn't mean accusing someone of a rape that didn't happen is ok.

If it turns out she is telling the truth I'll change my tune immediately. But right now all the evidence points to her being another groupie jilted at being thrown on the slurry scrapheap.

I do not know the facts as im sure most wouldnt.

Why don't we let the courts or police decide if she is telling the truth.

If players are found guilty of this there will be alot of people running for cover.

Yeah and if they are found innocent as a player i would be running to every media outlet who didn't publish shit against me and putting the other side of the story across. Then i would be taking every publication and party to a civil court for damages in relation to slander.

I will happily change my tune regarding this girl in particular.

I've never said some girls don't get assaulted, just that the scenarios pointed out are the most common and that so far the evidence overwhelming suggests this girl was not actually assaulted.

whether its true or not highly paid footy players need to understand one thing

its not difficult - dont put yourself in that position - that way you wont get pinged for it

pretty simple imho
Women also share hald the responsibility. No question players need to be educated far better than they are currently, but so do women.

the clubs should get on it and lay down the law - no gangbangs - ever
Whilst I agree with education, I don't believe you can ban this stuff. For every woman who feels jilted, there's 9 other who love that stuff.

it's not the group sex they like but the satisfaction that they slept with these footy demi-gods and that such god like people wanted them sexually. The idea that player x came off the bench and blew his load etc boosts their ego.

Then there are others who feel let down that these players didn't respect them as people but only sex objects. Welcome to the jungle.

Take Brett Stewart from the Manly Sea Eagles.

Was in the top 5 players in the league
Was the face of the NRL
Was earning shitloads as being the face of the NRL
Was in the prime of his career

Got accused of rape.

Struggled to play
Cost $175k to defend himself
Lost his sponsorship
Lost his reputation
In all it cost him loads financially and reputation wise.

Was found not guilty.

The worst thing:

1. We are not sure if he did it or not. He got not guiolty because there was no evidense whatsoever except for "he said, she said"
2. Even though he got not guilty, nis reputation is still sullied. Forever.

A horrible siutation where there are no winners. Lots of sexual assaults go un reported and loads that didn't happen get reported. They need to change how they handle these situations.

Bunsen, you no doubt know alot more about this than me.

My point is that we are all only hearing and reading rumours at the moment. Lets wait until the truth comes out before we start with the insults.

We have people writing things that i am sure they have no idea about (including they wish she was dead).

She is the easy target and if she did do something terrible to herself im sure we would all agree that the internet bullies contributed to it.

Definately best for us to wait this out, details always come out eventually.

What I dont understand is that the girl in question aint even much chop.

Players should be slapped with a 2 match ban for having no standards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She is the easy target and if she did do something terrible to herself im sure we would all agree that the internet bullies contributed to it.
I'm not involved with anything on that forum and it does reek of mob mentality which personally I think is a bit rich until people definitely know the facts. But on the other side this girl has to take responsibility for her actions. She bragged about sleeping with multiple players on that forum. It's hard to believe she is a victim of anything other than being treated like a slurry.

I think many people know what happens with footy players and groupies and I think many are getting sick of some groupie claiming assault because she was treated like a sl ut. And it's not just men who are sick of it. These women are wrecking for the women who really do get sexually assaulted.

Let's say next week a girl goes out and actually does get assaulted by a footy player. How game is she going to be when she sees how this woman has been treated? We can all blame the public for mob bullying her but I'm very sure if it seemed like a reasonable chance she was assaulted then she wouldn't have been treated this way.

I'd speculate in this case, because people got hold of this girls online profile and saw that what she posted didn't match with what she alleged then people felt quite confident they could go to town on her.

There's been many other girls but none have got this treatment.

Take Brett Stewart from the Manly Sea Eagles.

Was in the top 5 players in the league
Was the face of the NRL
Was earning shitloads as being the face of the NRL
Was in the prime of his career

Got accused of rape.

Struggled to play
Cost $175k to defend himself
Lost his sponsorship
Lost his reputation
In all it cost him loads financially and reputation wise.

Was found not guilty.

The worst thing:

1. We are not sure if he did it or not. He got not guiolty because there was no evidense whatsoever except for "he said, she said"

2. Even though he got not guilty, nis reputation is still sullied. Forever.

A horrible siutation where there are no winners. Lots of sexual assaults go un reported and loads that didn't happen get reported. They need to change how they handle these situations.

Theres a bit more to it than that, and there would be very few people out there who still think he had any case to answer at all.

As it turns out, she had been stalking him, she tried to kiss him at a function and he pushed her away. She burst into tears and accused him of all manner of things (this was at the height of League dramas) and cause he had a few beers, he was instantly viewed as guilty.

then it gets to court, there is all sorts of evidence of her stalking him, she is deemed mentally unstable and her father has just been released from jail for extorition and fraud, of which she was a party to.

The jury threw out the case in record time.

The sad thing is, you're right - his reputation is still forever tarnished and he's lost close to 2 years of a great career.

I think it's a bit rich that you say "Don't criticise him until the facts come out" but you'll do the same to the girl.

If you're so concerned with sullying reputations then how about you allow the natural course of justice to take care of this and lay off the pathetic "slurry" insults.

Theres a bit more to it than that,
And more:

He should never have been charged and it should never have gone to trial. There was no evidence. He got charged only because she accused him. That is not enough to charge someone let alone try someone.

Apparently it was very political and the police felt they had to charge him or bear the wroth of the "footballers always get let off" section of the public.

Stewart would have lost over $500k financially, then probably more than that in future earnings, and then the priceless loss of football games, rep games, status as a player etc.

If I were him I'd get the best lawyers in town and be suing the police for in excess of $10m. The whole episode was disgraceful.

I manage a hotel and ive seen it all, especially during the september-october footy trip season. We dont get AFL level players stay here, mainly VFL and district leagues, but it makes no difference.

Some people here think that girls come back with footballers not intending anything beyond sex with a single player, but i can categorically tell you that while this is the case many times, there are also times where i can tell you they are openly bragging about things on arrival and departure. Many times they come back with a group in the first place, and have openly admitted to staff that they dont care which one they get.

As management we would have no hesitation in calling the police if we even suspected something untoward. We also have strict rules about minors returning to rooms with anyone, as this isnt a phenomenon limited to footballers.

I cant speak for this case, but under no circumstances should rape be condoned, no matter how long the assault takes.

I think it's a bit rich that you say "Don't criticise him until the facts come out" but you'll do the same to the girl.

If you're so concerned with sullying reputations then how about you allow the natural course of justice to take care of this and lay off the pathetic "slurry" insults.

Definitely the best course and apparently what has been happening barring the "self promotion" of one radio gob.

it's the same girl though, isn't it?

No he was named earlier in the year in the "school girl scandal" and now the "school girl" has come out this week saying she was sexually assaulted by him.

And then there is the Sexual assault allegations that came out earlier in the week where he was named. (Which has nothing to do with the "school girl")

Remove this Banner Ad

Young AFL star in sex assault

Remove this Banner Ad

Back