Your 2009 Delist Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope those that are naming names left right and centre, comeback at the end of the year and admit their mistakes if players they have said should go are still around. Then again, I'm expecting threads saying we have no idea about list management if those players are still around.
If they actually improve and demonstrate their worthiness...fair enough...but if those that haven't shown anything for several years don't improve but are retained again, what other conclusion could you come to?

If they actually improve and demonstrate their worthiness...fair enough...but if those that haven't shown anything for several years don't improve but are retained again, what other conclusion could you come to?
Which players in particular are you talking about? If it is someone like Pettifer then fair enough. However, some of the kids are worth keeping around, even if they don't play a heap of games next year. You never know it might be because we are having a great year that there is no need for them to play.

Which players in particular are you talking about? If it is someone like Pettifer then fair enough.
King & Jackson for a start. I know ruckman need more time, but if Graham is as bad again next year as by all reports he was this year (f.e. getting outmarked by dwarves) , though in my opinion players like him going backwards from someone who managed a couple of senior games to the point of everyone calling him a laughable dud and the painfully slow progress of JON are indicators of poor coaching and development and further evidence of this club's inate inability to get the very best out of every player.

Bowden needs to go, regardless of the last second heroics of last year -mainly needed because of his earlier incompetence anyway(vPort & Brisbane his selfish play caused us to go into our shell and let them back in it v. Essendon-shocking turnovers)- he is bad for the team and our style of play going forward, a relic of times past of soft and unaccountable football. Johnson is just a hack now, a list clogger keeping out future talent. He should lend his experience to the youngsters at Coburg next year if he really wants to contribute.
Schulz is just thick and will be found out more often then not....just not an AFL standard player.

King & Jackson for a start. I know ruckman need more time, but if Graham is as bad again next year as by all reports he was this year (f.e. getting outmarked by dwarves) , though in my opinion players like him going backwards from someone who managed a couple of senior games to the point of everyone calling him a laughable dud and the painfully slow progress of JON are indicators of poor coaching and development and further evidence of this club's inate inability to get the very best out of every player.

Bowden needs to go, regardless of the last second heroics of last year -mainly needed because of his earlier incompetence anyway(vPort & Brisbane his selfish play caused us to go into our shell and let them back in it v. Essendon-shocking turnovers)- he is bad for the team and our style of play going forward, a relic of times past of soft and unaccountable football. Johnson is just a hack now, a list clogger keeping out future talent. He should lend his experience to the youngsters at Coburg next year if he really wants to contribute.
Schulz is just thick and will be found out more often then not....just not an AFL standard player.
I think if Raines can get back to his 06 form King is danger of losing his spot at the end of the season. Jackson I believe is in the running to fill Johnson's position in the side as the run with tagger type and it will be either him or Polo who get that job.

Agree with Graham, for him to survive he needs to grab the second ruck position and make it his own, and if possible put pressure on Simmonds as first ruck. Also agree with Johnson and Bowden both being in the twilight of their careers and I would not be surprised if we see them making announcements in the second half of the season that they are calling it quits.

Retired:
Johnson
Polak
(Maybe Bowden but he's on the vet's list)

Delisted:
JON
Pettifer
1 or 2 of Collins, Graham, Raines, Polo, Jackson, Schultz, King

Rookie list:
At this stage Silvester and Gilligan would be the only likely canditates to be delisted - Nahas WILL make it, and Browne is a project player

That will give us 4 picks in the Draft/PSD - on top of this we may unload Raines or McGuane to GC, however I would prefer to give them Schultz

Terry Wallace
Jade Rawlings
David King
Brian Royal
Craig McRae
Wayne Campbell
Gary March
Steve Wright
Craig Cameron
Francis Jackson
Ross Monaghan
;)
Sheedy stays

I'll keep my delisting thoughts until what i see on offer at the 2009 draft. Eg: getting rid of JON for someone who has less potential doesn't make sense. Tuck is just the classic example. If Richmond had of been firing in 2003 / 2004, do you think Tuck would have made AFL? I know that i have contradicted myself, because you could say that no matter who you list, they could develop to be a worthy player, but again Tuck hasn't seen his best until he was 27. I think as long as the list improves from one year to the next, and the guys who aren't making the 22 are young(ish) then all is well.

SD can you give a brief explanation on those in bold why they should go? Thanks in advance:)

Well figure that if the Tiges don't go well in 09, that we may as well start with delisting the Management rather than the workers. You know, it sets a good example. Excuse me that i didn't list all management, it was more a random selection.

In 2010, then we'll delist all the players. They won't feel so bad because Management have all gone as well.

So, those who you didn't put in bold, you think should be "delisted"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, those who you didn't put in bold, you think should be "delisted"?

No. Everyone has had a crack at Wallace and March, im happy with both. I know nothing about Ross Monaghan, and im not keen on Cameron. He was all over the place with the Cousins drafting, and if i was a Dee`s supporter i wouldnt have been so happy with his track record and be happy to see him go.
Jade Rawlings, David King, Brian Royal, Craig McRae have great wraps on them especialy Rawlings. And Cambo could just be the one who eventually takes over from Wallace such is the high regard he his held. I just think its strange people post names to get rid of at random with out explanation.:)

I think if Raines can get back to his 06 form King is danger of losing his spot at the end of the season. Jackson I believe is in the running to fill Johnson's position in the side as the run with tagger type and it will be either him or Polo who get that job.

Realise they're different players, but I'd rather see the likes of Connors and Collins given a run in Johnson's place then Jackson. I dunno who would be given his tagging role...probably not the broomstick Collins...maybe Hislop and/or Thomson with their supposed stronger bodies they were recruited for , though I'm assuming they are both more attacking players. Problem is taggers at some point will find themselves in possession and that's where Jackson is a liability as far as I'm concerned. I can't see Polo keeping up with anybody unless Dean Rioli makes a comeback.:eek:

possible delistments..

Richo
Johnson
Brown
Bowden
Simmonds
Cousins

All 30+ and must be viewed as being a year at a time...Probably want to move some along at the end of the year anyway. Retirements among those who could go on will probably be a good indicator of how they feel about our prospects for 2010.

Pettifer
Coughlan
King
Polak
Schulz

Old enough that if they're not demanding a spot in the 22, they should be looked at very closely come delistment time.

Raines
Jackson
Polo
Thomson
Hughes
JON
Connors
Collins
Hislop
Graham

Don't need to be regular first 22 players, but if they're not, they need to have shown enough to convince they can/will be.

Yes, that's about half the list, but they should all be considered for delistment at the end of the year. Hopefully most will come good and wont be seriously considered, but I'd be looking to about 6 'weakest links' to cut.

Rookies...
I think Gourdis is safe ( list, delist a year later, relist, then delist a year later??? )
Hopefully one of Nahas and Gilligan will come through and be promoted to the senior list, the other will be dumped.
Browne should be kept for 2-3 years ( assuming good attitude/etc ).
Dump Silvester unless we have major problems with injuries to key backmen.

I really hope and predict Jarrad Oakley Nicholls goes, hes really not needed, we got alot of depth now and hes shown hes really slow, bad decision making and skills.

Also, Schulz is holding down the list and I hope he goes, I predict Rance to come in and take his spot. In addition to these two I also predict Pettifer to go as by start of next season hes 27 and had his opportunities. Hes a decent player but not a match winner and he can be covered easily. JON should go also.

What do you guys think?

So your saying for the sake of the club you hope he doesn't improve and become the player the club visualised before drafting him.

I understand your reasoning for why you think he will be delisted but I for one would like to see him live up to his pre draft reputation.

I think hes had 9 or 10 games to show us his raw abilities, I judge him on that and take into account where he can improve.

I'm saying he is really really slow. If you start out at 18 or 19 you should be as quick as you can be or close to it cause your young and fresh, even if he improved 5-10 percent in that area he would still be way too slow.

His decision making and reading of the play is horrible, that is NOT taught. Ontop of all this he has bad disposal, as seen with many cases in the AFL this also hardly improves because of the players natural kicking action.

For the sake of the club I hope he does improve to what he was made out to be but he won't. I'd be happy to allow TW to give him one or two more shots to show SOMETHING but after that if he doesn't hes out. We just added Cousins, Thompson and Hislop to our ever expanding midfield. All hes good for is trade bait to GC or other clubs for what we ACTUALLY need. At the moment he's just a list clogger, his spot should be filled by backup defenders or fowards.

From what he showed in games my Grandma could walk faster then him with her walking stick while grasping her meds with the other hand.

Even if he is fast which he hasn't yet showed I haven't felt this much hatred for a player since the latter years of Darren Gasper.

He's fast.

His disposal is alright when he manages to not shit his pants and run into 3 opposition players. Problem is that is rare.

His decision making is a confidence thing. He doesn't take the first option. When he started to for a period this year, he looked quite good. That's why I hold back on ripping into him in the same vein as many other posters.

Wait Wait Wait.. Why talk about 2009 Delistings, when we can talk about 2010!!. This Thread is premature, by about 6 months.

possible delistments..

Richo
Johnson
Brown
Bowden
Simmonds
Cousins

All 30+ and must be viewed as being a year at a time...Probably want to move some along at the end of the year anyway. Retirements among those who could go on will probably be a good indicator of how they feel about our prospects for 2010.

Pettifer
Coughlan
King
Polak
Schulz

Old enough that if they're not demanding a spot in the 22, they should be looked at very closely come delistment time.

Raines
Jackson
Polo
Thomson
Hughes
JON
Connors
Collins
Hislop
Graham

Don't need to be regular first 22 players, but if they're not, they need to have shown enough to convince they can/will be.

Yes, that's about half the list, but they should all be considered for delistment at the end of the year. Hopefully most will come good and wont be seriously considered, but I'd be looking to about 6 'weakest links' to cut.

Rookies...
I think Gourdis is safe ( list, delist a year later, relist, then delist a year later??? )
Hopefully one of Nahas and Gilligan will come through and be promoted to the senior list, the other will be dumped.
Browne should be kept for 2-3 years ( assuming good attitude/etc ).
Dump Silvester unless we have major problems with injuries to key backmen.

if we add the...10 plays you left out of that list, We could start a fresh! How cool.

if we add the...10 plays you left out of that list, We could start a fresh! How cool.

It's not telsor's fault he has some common sense and doesn't have the bias cap on when posting. It's realstic that half our list is under pressure to peform which is caused by dodgy list management processes and techniques. In other words we recruit second hand recycled players from clubs like Port Adelaide and Essendon where they couldn't manage games in struggling teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your 2009 Delist Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back