Teams Your 2014 SC team Ver 2.0 (Pre NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know NAB cup has yet to be played, but really starting to get a little concerned about the limited backline rookies that look like playing.

Here's a team set up with a bit more cash splashed down back..

20k left over..

Thoughts..?

View attachment 42438

Personally not sure on H.Shaw this season, sure could rack up numbers and a fair few high scores but with the likelihood of more attention being shown to him and his attitude still a bit of question mark, wouldn't surprise me to either to see him struggle to start with. Simpson is a solid option and should produce solid numbers across the board for you, a reasonably safe pick IMO.

Midfield as most have looked, looks solid, Rockliff looks to be a quality buy for the price, however with the tough start and a bit of an unknown as to what style of coach Leppa will be, his scores could fluctuate, I don't think they will though to be honest but we have seen it before.

Rucks look nice, I have gone a similar setup so far so I can't see too many negatives at the moment.

FWDS look solid, Dixon could be an interesting choice and very handy to have there as Plan B if something goes wrong with either Lobbe or Sandilands. Was an animal at the start of last season so he should continue his progression. Just curious as to young Broomhead, being a pie fan is he a decent chance for a game? Would of thought spots wouldn't be too easy to come by for younger pies players?

Personally not sure on H.Shaw this season, sure could rack up numbers and a fair few high scores but with the likelihood of more attention being shown to him and his attitude still a bit of question mark, wouldn't surprise me to either to see him struggle to start with. Simpson is a solid option and should produce solid numbers across the board for you, a reasonably safe pick IMO.

Midfield as most have looked, looks solid, Rockliff looks to be a quality buy for the price, however with the tough start and a bit of an unknown as to what style of coach Leppa will be, his scores could fluctuate, I don't think they will though to be honest but we have seen it before.

Rucks look nice, I have gone a similar setup so far so I can't see too many negatives at the moment.

FWDS look solid, Dixon could be an interesting choice and very handy to have there as Plan B if something goes wrong with either Lobbe or Sandilands. Was an animal at the start of last season so he should continue his progression. Just curious as to young Broomhead, being a pie fan is he a decent chance for a game? Would of thought spots wouldn't be too easy to come by for younger pies players?

Cheers mate.

Shaw out for Bartel.

Yeah really keen to see if Rockliff starts in the centre square, if he does is an absolute lock for mine, otherwise Watson comes in.

Dixon i chose purely on coverage for Sandilands, hoping he can average 90 + and play 18-20 games.

Broomhead impressed off half back in the VFL last year with his pace and foot skills, with Seedsman injured and Shaw gone he will have every opportunity to impress in the NAB. Think he is a big chance to steal a spot.

Have a couple of back ups in McBean, Impey and Kennedy-Harris.

For a goofy laid-back bloke he's an excellent reader of the play, and North's defensive setup gives him license to play loose and/or drop off his man. He also has the tank to roam the backline and get up the field for an outlet. He's finally starting to play like the player we thought we drafted.

But ... It's still only 2/3 of a season's worth of data as a tall defender and especially given the r8 bye I wouldn't be confident just yet of him cracking a 100 average if that's what you're wanting from a keeper.

Cheers Rob,

i cannot see 6 defenders who will average 100 for the year

So is anyone not starting with Pendlebury? Seems like he's locked into 100% of teams.

There was the article in the HUN by a former winner that tried to say not to start with Pendles because of the hard draw early.

But looking at his form against those teams last year he averaged 127 against them, so the tough draw shouldn't be even considered in my opinion.

The one thing that has me cautious about selecting him is that his average dropped to 120 when Beams came back.
Not sure if its just a coincidence or something to consider. Keeping in mind that 120 is still a damn good average and i wouldn't sneeze at it.

Cheers mate.

Shaw out for Bartel.

Yeah really keen to see if Rockliff starts in the centre square, if he does is an absolute lock for mine, otherwise Watson comes in.

Dixon i chose purely on coverage for Sandilands, hoping he can average 90 + and play 18-20 games.

Broomhead impressed off half back in the VFL last year with his pace and foot skills, with Seedsman injured and Shaw gone he will have every opportunity to impress in the NAB. Think he is a big chance to steal a spot.

Have a couple of back ups in McBean, Impey and Kennedy-Harris.

Yep nice move to Bartel very consistent and haven't seen any reason why that should not continue.

Rockliff if he plays like he finished off last season then he will be in that top group of MIDS without a doubt!

I think that is somewhat achievable for Dixon, I could see him averaging around 90 with natural improvement of himself and players around him. Maybe even more!

Cheers for the update on Broomhead as well, sounds very promising, especially the half back bit which is the position that seems to naturally breed points and $$$ when it comes to this game. How long is the Seed out for?

So is anyone not starting with Pendlebury? Seems like he's locked into 100% of teams.

At the moment I am going without him. I just think that although he is a superstar of this game, I think it is just as important to make sure you have your lines right so if that means I wait a few rounds and take a slight hit for total points being produced by my MIDS to maximize point scoring on the other lines then surely that will be more beneficial in the long run, provided the player I choose to go with instead of pendles starts well.

Having said that I could quite easily back flip on this come closer to start time. Feel a bit like its playing with fire but I didn't start last year with him either and it didn't seem to hurt me.

not starting for me, hate the pies first 6 weeks and I'm hoping i can pick pendles up after the pies bye for about 570-600K

not starting for me, hate the pies first 6 weeks and I'm hoping i can pick pendles up after the pies bye for about 570-600K

Same I think.. Opens up for so many possibilities to improve the rest of your squad :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep nice move to Bartel very consistent and haven't seen any reason why that should not continue.

Rockliff if he plays like he finished off last season then he will be in that top group of MIDS without a doubt!

I think that is somewhat achievable for Dixon, I could see him averaging around 90 with natural improvement of himself and players around him. Maybe even more!

Cheers for the update on Broomhead as well, sounds very promising, especially the half back bit which is the position that seems to naturally breed points and $$$ when it comes to this game. How long is the Seed out for?
Yeah, after no pre season last year having glandular fever expecting him to improve again this year with a solid pre season under his belt, really hope he lines up round 1, and your right rookie running half backs are gold, not tucked away in a forward pocket.

Seed is 6-8 weeks, so he would have to be doubtful for Round 1. 2 months of pre season missed is a big chunk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's my first take
Def: mcveigh, Mitchell, swallow, suckling, Laidler, Kolodjashij (cutler, fuller)
Mid: ablett, Pendles, Rocky, beams, daisy, c beams, Michie, dunstan (Taylor, grey)
Ruck: burger, sandi (nankervis, thurlow)
Fwd: danger, Martin, parker, Pavlich, Mayes, Rohan (Garlett, Lloyd)

Any feedback would be great, cheers.

Mmmmhm. Turning Daisy in to Pendles after the Pies bye should work quite nicely.

Unless Daisy goes crazy at Carlton and turns in to a keeper.

Here's my first take
Def: mcveigh, Mitchell, swallow, suckling, Laidler, Kolodjashij (cutler, fuller)
Mid: ablett, Pendles, Rocky, beams, daisy, c beams, Michie, dunstan (Taylor, grey)
Ruck: burger, sandi (nankervis, thurlow)
Fwd: danger, Martin, parker, Pavlich, Mayes, Rohan (Garlett, Lloyd)

Any feedback would be great, cheers.
Only question mark.

Hey all, finally found some time to get back on here and glad to have supercoach back up and about for another season, giddy up!

Seeing quite a few different looking sides, certainly isn't as easy as past years! Hopefully some rookies will jump out at some point to lend us a hand with injecting some cash into the kitty.

Here is what I have pieced together so far, feel free to pick away at it positive or negative. All feedback appreciated. Will hopefully get back to you ASAP if any advice or suggestion is left. Cheers

DEF: J.Bartel, J.McVeigh, S.Mitchell, M.Hibberd, K.Kolodjashnij, L.McDonald (T.Cutler, M.Fuller)

MID: G.Ablett, T.Boak, M.Murphy, D.Beams, J.Martin, V.Michie, D.Sheed, L.Dunstan (D.Garlett, M.Honeychurch)

RUC: M.Lobbe, A.Sandilands (F.Thurlow, M.King)

FWD: P.Dangerfield, N.Riewoldt, L.Franklin, C.Sylvia, M.Pavlich, S.Kersten (L.Taylor, J.Kennedy-Harris)

Salary Cap Remaining - $46,700

This is a very good team. The only thing I would change is Sylvia > TMitchell/Chappy

I'd also look to downgrade one of JMart/Michie to > MCrouch and upgrade the other to Daisy.

copthat Yeah I agree with other comments, too much money in the midfield to start.
Gareth_1971 A lot of uniques in there and good use of DPP but I think too many mid-pricers and I wouldn't go with a lot of your picks :p. Beware second year blues with T. Mitchell and Selwood has had pre-season surgery

Any thoughts on my team?
View attachment 42420

Yours seems reasonably balanced. Think Pav is on the decline and like the thought of Atley - thinking a breakout year perhaps. Seem to have used a lot of DPP up front though wonder if you would consider a Bartel or McVeigh through the middle to swap in and out of your DEF as needed. Not sold on Sandilands for durability even though the price is mighty tempting.

Thoughts? in before people tell me to axe Atley, i think will have a break out year so im keeping him.
I think it's a very balanced team and looks good on the eye but im biased as F&*%.
View attachment 42450

I like it, viable yet different to most around. Obviously downgrading a defender could allow you to upgrade to some high-end premiums but at the end of the day who's to say that'll be better in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back