Teams Your 2014 SC team Ver 2.0 (Pre NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 42529
My improved 22. Would be interested in hearing your thoughts.
$12100 left over.

I feel as if I've sacrificed every other position for a great midfield. Not to say that I think they're crap. They have a lot of potentially A-grade players and not enough elite.

When Motlop comes back from injury I'll trade out Gunston.

Phew! I was about to say you need more Geelong players...

my team this year any thoughts???

View attachment 42553
Looks pretty good, how much money have you got left over? Downgrade Scharenberg to a cheaper rookie, as he is out til mid season. Wood is a spud, so downgrade him to a cheaper rookie as well, maybe Fraser Thurlow?

I would trade Bruce, he won't score that well. Maybe to Suckling? And try and upgrade Clark in your forward line as well. But pretty good job! :thumbsu:

Taking into account most of your advice:
View attachment 42550
$7800 left over.
Looks a bit better, though still subject to change during the NAB cup.

Needs more Cats..but much better. Mitchell is wasted in your mids though.

Do you think that Jake K and Jansen will play senior games this year or are they in purely as eye candy?

Needs more Cats..but much better. Mitchell is wasted in your mids though.

Do you think that Jake K and Jansen will play senior games this year or are they in purely as eye candy?
Kola and Jansen should play a handful of games this year. Both have been pumped up at the Cats camp as AFL-ready brutes, so I suspect they will be utilised as such when we manage the player loads or in nothing games.

Kola and Jansen should play a handful of games this year. Both have been pumped up at the Cats camp as AFL-ready brutes, so I suspect they will be utilised as such when we manage the player loads or in nothing games.

That Jansen kid is Kouta like in his physique at least. Could be a gun in a few years if he has the skill to go with the height and build. :thumbsu:

What about Darcy Lang?

That Jansen kid is Kouta like in his physique at least. Could be a gun in a few years if he has the skill to go with the height and build. :thumbsu:

What about Darcy Lang?
Possibly...though in my personal opinion from watching him play, he's a little raw, whereas I really think Jarred and Jake could handle the crash and bash at AFL level.

Changed mine a little... From Roughy/Pav -> Parker/Zorko as I think there's more points to come from the midfield.
And Pendles/Watson -> Ablett/Selwood as I can't live without Ablett :rainbow:

7-02-14-changed.jpg

Possibly...though in my personal opinion from watching him play, he's a little raw, whereas I really think Jarred and Jake could handle the crash and bash at AFL level.

Raw...Darcy Lang? Think you're confusing him with someone else.

Raw...Darcy Lang? Think you're confusing him with someone else.
Nope, I'm 100% sure I know who I'm talking about. He has decent physique, but I don't see him playing footy this year. He could certainly do with further development in the VFL. I wouldn't rule him out for 2015.

View attachment 42550
$7800 left over.

You've gone for a real KPF forward line - I would look at swapping those players for mids - maybe not all of them at least some

Somehow you have to fit in 2 of Wingard, Martin, Zorko, Chapman, Parker, T.Mitchell

Choose one of Tippett & Franklin and/or get rid of Gunston & Crameri - Don't mind Tom Hawkins pending his injury report and progress

You also need to fit L.McDonald into your backline somewhere most likely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, I'm 100% sure I know who I'm talking about. He has decent physique, but I don't see him playing footy this year. He could certainly do with further development in the VFL. I wouldn't rule him out for 2015.

You do realise that "Raw" has nothing to do with a players physique don't you?

Out of the Geelong 1st year rookies, Lang is the least raw in his football development and will most likely be the first to see senior action, if his leg has healed. Would almost be a rd1 lock if not for the broken leg he sustained last year. Highly rated, would have been swooped on by Hawthorn had Geelong not pulled the trigger early. Teams don't use their 1st round draft picks on "raw" development types, especially ones coming off broken legs.

135.gif

You do realise that "Raw" has nothing to do with a players physique don't you?

Out of the Geelong 1st year rookies, Lang is the least raw in his football development and will most likely be the first to see senior action, if his leg has healed. Would almost be a rd1 lock if not for the broken leg he sustained last year. Highly rated, would have been swooped on by Hawthorn had Geelong not pulled the trigger early. Teams don't use their 1st round draft picks on "raw" development types, especially ones coming off broken legs.
Link me to this professional rawness scale you seem to be in possession of. That's right, you don't have one because it's your opinion. The same way I have my own opinion :eek:

Take a look at Wells' selection of Mitch Brown in 2008. Raw, yes. Injury prone, yes. I guess that means he doesn't conform to your requirements.

I'd also like to know who you'd take out from our side so we can gift Lang his apparently 'locked' spot, Gingy.

Link me to this professional rawness scale you seem to be in possession of. That's right, you don't have one because it's your opinion. The same way I have my own opinion :eek:

Take a look at Wells' selection of Mitch Brown in 2008. Raw, yes. Injury prone, yes. I guess that means he doesn't conform to your requirements.

*sigh* let me explain what "raw" means in football terms. It is a description for players who might have great physical and athletic attributes at a young age, but as far as their football ability AKA 'skills' and 'game awareness' go, they have a way to go. Jansen fits into that category, hence he was taken as a 2nd round speculative pick.

Darcy Lang on the other hand, while still slight in build (79kgs at the time of the NAB draft) is already fully developed as far as being an elite jnr inside mid. Hence he will play senior footy at least a year before Jansen does so long as he's fully recovered from his broken leg. Jansen is described by the Geelong recruiters as a 'project' player, so I really don't see how you have come to the conclusion that he is more advanced than what Lang is other than perving at the built young guys during training. Just because a player 'looks' physically ready to play senior doesn't mean they are up to it in a footballing sense, otherwise Majak Daw would have played 50 games by now.

Last edited:
View attachment 42550
$7800 left over.

Carlisle & Guthrie > Luke MacDonald & Hanley
Crameri & Hawkins > Dangerfield & L Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back