Teams Your 2014 SC team Ver 2.0 (Pre NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not so much JPK's midfield numbers that changed in 2013, as his midfield productivity was only fractionaly down on 2012, but rather he didn't drift forward and take marks and kick goals nearly as often as he did in 2012. This is primarily where his SC scoring dropped off.
Sure it wasn't his 2:1 Handball to kick ratio?

I am going to do better this year .. really .. LOL. Have struggled with trading strategy in past years so am trying a new tack and including a few more mid pricers with upside - with some premiums of course. Interested in any thoughts -

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.39.56 am.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.39.56 am.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 10
Hansen is interesting, amazing stats for marks having not watched him closely why does he get so many marks?
For a goofy laid-back bloke he's an excellent reader of the play, and North's defensive setup gives him license to play loose and/or drop off his man. He also has the tank to roam the backline and get up the field for an outlet. He's finally starting to play like the player we thought we drafted.

But ... It's still only 2/3 of a season's worth of data as a tall defender and especially given the r8 bye I wouldn't be confident just yet of him cracking a 100 average if that's what you're wanting from a keeper.

Thoughts? Rookies will obviously chop and change as I go on. Still 21k in the bank #cashmoney

For the most part I like the team though I suspect the forward rookies will need to change - can't see any of those guys get a game with the exception of Taylor. I am personally not sold on Martin as I don't think he represents good value at $222,300. With the Rucks I would consider Fraser Thurlow as a 3rd ruckman. Likely to get some game time early with Bellchambers out and Hille etc having moved on.

Sure it wasn't his 2:1 Handball to kick ratio?

No. JPK was handball happy in 2012 as well. Only slightly down in kicks and slightly up in handballs 0.80 to be precise. Which isn't enough to effect his SC average by that much. Like I said, the major reason his SC average plummeted in 2013 is because he had half as many marks and goals.

2013 Av Kicks: 10.3 Av Hballs: 16.80
2012 Av Kicks: 12.3 Av Hballs: 16.00

No. JPK was handball happy in 2012 as well. Only slightly down in kicks. Which isn't enough to effect his SC average by that much. Like I said, the major reason his SC average plummeted in 2013 is because he had half as many marks and goals.

2013 Av Kicks: 10.3 Av Hballs: 16.80
2012 Av Kicks: 12.3 Av Hballs: 16.00

Yeah. Got stung by him last year .. Never again ...

How do I embed the screenshot of my SC team in a thread ? .. not sure it worked in my post above ..

Meh... How's this for a risky Backline?

B: Suckling, Sutcliffe, D.Grimes, Kalodjashnij, McDonald, Steinberg (Fuller, Cutler)
M: Ablett, Dangerfield, Rockliff, Sloane, Cotchin, Murphy, D.Beams, Thomas (Dunstan, Crouch)
R: Lobbe, Sandilands (Thurlow, King)
F: Martin, Wingard, Franklin, Parker, Darling, K-Harris (Garlett, Impey)
Of all the high risk teams I have seen posted to date, I almost think this one has the most merit. You are really hoping Suckling and Grimes become keepers in defence, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility. If you for instance plugged 2 gun defenders into those positions, the team would look pretty strong. That's the nature of risk. Changes I would consider, only to mitigate the risk slightly...
1. Downgrade one of Rockliff or Sloane to Jack Martin or even cheaper rookie, and this should give you enough cash to upgrade Sutcliffe to McVeigh/Mitchell/Bartel, and may even have enough left to turn Lobbe into Naitanui.

Thoughts? Rookies will obviously chop and change as I go on. Still 21k in the bank #cashmoney

I think if you aren't going to take Beams and Murphy then Beams would have a far higher ceiling. If you are worried about not coming back from injury and being safe then fair enough. FWD's look a real issue getting a full team on the park. Also spent too much on rookies down back I dont think you can have all three high priced rooks as well as 4 prems, it makes you suffer elsewhere -Like your forward line.

Hi guys, this is my first draft of my team. Been looking at it for a few hours now and was hoping for someone with fresh eyes to have a look at it? Any advice would be appreciated. Still have $154k so I can play around a little bit. Cheers!
supercoach2014.png

Hi guys, this is my first draft of my team. Been looking at it for a few hours now and was hoping for someone with fresh eyes to have a look at it? Any advice would be appreciated. Still have $154k so I can play around a little bit. Cheers!

View attachment 42404

If I were you I would put in another 4 forwards or you will fall behind :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha! no idea what happened there, should be fixed now :)

Kardashian, McDonald, Aish, Martin, Sheed, Bock - is a few too many expensive rookies. If you just get rid of one off each line you can go straight from Aish to a Prem. I'd have a look at that. Rest is fine. I'd also spend that $150K anywhere you can. I have about 5c left in the bank :oops:

team.jpg

Any feedback guys?

Kardashian, McDonald, Aish, Martin, Sheed, Bock - is a few too many expensive rookies. If you just get rid of one off each line you can go straight from Aish to a Prem. I'd have a look at that. Rest is fine. I'd also spend that $150K anywhere you can. I have about 5c left in the bank :oops:

Thanks mate, was a little unsure about Bock and other rookies anyway. NAB Cup is going to be essential as always.

Why does Hansen take so many marks? I've never noticed nor considered

Hansen is interesting, amazing stats for marks having not watched him closely why does he get so many marks?

He reads the play well that's why he was a high pick. Good footy brain.

Now he's got some weight behind him he can take contested marks...

Kangas love kicking backwards too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a goofy laid-back bloke he's an excellent reader of the play, and North's defensive setup gives him license to play loose and/or drop off his man. He also has the tank to roam the backline and get up the field for an outlet. He's finally starting to play like the player we thought we drafted.

But ... It's still only 2/3 of a season's worth of data as a tall defender and especially given the r8 bye I wouldn't be confident just yet of him cracking a 100 average if that's what you're wanting from a keeper.

He's in my team, but not a keeper.. He's at that price where he won't lose value/cash and it could be a 1 for 1 swap for a player who has a bad start to the year but comes home strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back