Your bogey team and the team you have the wood over

Remove this Banner Ad

Animosity1989

All Australian
Mar 25, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
For Hawthorn, i would say that North Melbourne are our bogey side. They for whatever reason seem to bring out the worst in us and even when we do beat them, it's a real struggle.

On the other side of things, i would say that we recently have had the wood over the magpies. Whilst Collingwood have provided allot of headaches for the top sides, we've really smashed them lately.

overall I think freo has lost more games than won games against all teams head to head bar fitzroy.

I know that before that 9 point loss to carlton earlier this year, we had a 10 game winning streak against them. West coast leads us 18 to 10 but we have beaten them 5 of the last 6 western derbies.

Oh and despite beating North Melbourne and Port Adelaide this year, overall we have a really poor record over those two sides.

I've always felt that Essendon have had the wood over us since pretty much the beginning, even to the point that one of their rare losses against us(in 2007) still managed to kill our home ground advantage in the finals when they very nearly beat us after being dead and buried at three quarter time. Similarly, we have made a habit of ending Geelongs season prematurely in the past, whether it be in a final or a final round win to knock them out of the eight. They may have belted us twice this year, but even then it was all for naught in final wash-up.

On the other side of things, i would say that we recently have had the wood over the magpies. Whilst Collingwood have provided allot of headaches for the top sides, we've really smashed them lately.

Because you put "recently" I'll concede it. You smashed us twice in 2008 admittedly, and you pipped us by 8 points in 2007, after we hit the front late in that match, but we did win the 4 before that against you. You've won 3 out of your last 7 against us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wood: Collingwood, Carlton and Fremantle
Bogey= Richmond, Sydney, West Coast and Geelong.

Up until 2004, Brisbane were our bogey side. In fact, up until that game at Skilled halfway through the 2004 season, we hadn't beaten Brisbane since they merged with Fitzroy (10 losses and a draw).

Nowadays, our bogey sides are probably Hawthorn and Collingwood, and we have the wood over just about everyone else. :D

We definitely have the wood over Carlton but then again so do quite a few other teams.

Don't think we really have any bogey teams in particular. We have struggled a bit against Port in recent years but we beat them last time. Just.

I don't really think that St. Kilda have the wood over Carlton, it's more of a situation sort of thing - St. Kilda rose as Carlton fell. Carlton aren't really expected to beat the Saints anyway, whereas Sydney and Collingwood have been fairly evenly matched a lot but the Swans always lose.

Sydney had not lost to us since 2000 or something before this year, when we beat them twice.
Carlton have won the last 2 atleast over us.:(

We've our last 10 to St Kilda. Sydney tend to give us a fair old raping too, especially at the SCG.

We've won 5 out of our last 6 against the Bombers, the only loss being the "Richo hands in the back" game.
Also we've been good against brisbane since 2004, and somehow hold an overall winning record against them(13-11).

Remove this Banner Ad

Your bogey team and the team you have the wood over

Remove this Banner Ad

Back