Your Favorite moment/s from Week 1 finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
If you're like me you caught all 4 games on the box. Didnt think there were that many brilliant moments or big individual games, apart from maybe Pav's best big game performance since a one man band display in a losing final in Sydney many many moons ago.

What was the highlight for you, or some of the highlights u enjoyed from the weekend ?

My own was watching Dangerfield and Jetta in a couple of 2 horse races down each wing. Been blown away by just how powerful a runner Dangerfield is. I knew he was slick for a big unit, and he may have been (just) run down, but hellova set of wheels on him. My pick/preference to win the Brownlow this yr.

Even though there weren't any close margin games, there was some GOOD footy on the weekend. Quite a few good moments one of the best being during the freo geelong game, when Geelong were coming back hard and Pav got the ball, stayed composed, lined it up and kicked his 6th late in the last quarter (the goal that when he got it you (and they) knew they'd won it)) that was pretty cool.

oh and west coast thumping north was definitely a highlight for me too :p

Gotta be the Pav , glad he's finally getting to play in some more big finals.

From the Eagles game, Darlings long running goal and then celebration was just amazing..Gun!.

1. Pav's last goal
2. Jetta's second goal
3. Morton's mark just before 3 quarter time

Missed Col v Haw. WC v North was a complete blur of dominance and hard to remember an individual moment. One of their coast to coast goals could slot in somewhere.

First quarter of the Collingwood/Hawthorn game.

The intensity was so far above the other three games. The other three games felt like a home and away game with a prize attached (like top spot or finals consolidation). Haw/Coll felt like a grand final. It was manic, it was desperate, it was hard, it was a total stalemate until Hodge got the ball in traffic and just bullocked his way through and scrubbered a goal. There were some staggering hits and it was the best advertisement for FNF all year.

So many from Friday night:
Hodge first goal after a frenzied first 17 minutes of play
Birchall's huge bump on Shaw, who wore it and I think then contributed to a goal
Franklin's juggled pack mark and goal on half time
When Tarrant gave away the free just as Cloke was about to kick the goal
Shane Savage goal from the boundary

Saturday night:
Pav's final goal
Ballantyne getting paid a free kick against despite having two Geelong players wrestling him from above
The huge sprint and diving mark to Fyfe or De Boer that wasn't paid (should have been for effort)

Will thing of some more. Didn't watch the other two games closely enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep that was DeBoer and wasn't it a sensational effort.

I was side on to that and it looked awesome. The amount of hang time he had and how low he was to the ground. Awesome.

I'll add that Ballantyne's hit on Selwood! WOW! The slap could be heard around the stadium (I sat on the wing on that side) it was awesome! Loved how he threw his body at everything last night.

Chris Mayne's Falcon was pretty good too. Although it resulted in a Geelong score still couldn't stop laughing.

The arrival of the meat grinder.

Boomer decking Kerr.

i know hey, your best player has now a 4 week suspension. kudos to him. so proud.

over the weekend i only watched the saturday and sunday game (sunday was at the stadium)

dangerfield frollicking along the grounds at aami. jetta likewise.

pavlich's goals

ballas hunger to get the ball

freos midfield annihilating geelong

mackie barking order as if he is gods gift to geelong

geelong getting knocked out.

the highlights though for me really was in the west coast game (quite entertaining if youre the winning team)

embleys goals

darlings tenacity

mckenzies first goal

kennedy smother and goal

hurn and kerrs punts

this weekend though there'll be a lot more highlights i reckon. the west coast and collingwood game is going to be very emotional considering the circumstances of mccarthy

Carltanks firs quarter blitz. oh wait.

The Hawks V Pies first quarter was intense and the epitome of Finals footy.

Hodge with just sheer willpower getting the first goal.

Buddy remaining cool and having a big impact as the game wore on.

Birchalls pressure on Shaw then delivering a goal to a teammate on a platter.

Freo and their fantastic first quarter.

Was impressed with Sydney.

WCE giving the witches hats a thumping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your Favorite moment/s from Week 1 finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back