Your Favorite moment/s from Week 1 finals

Remove this Banner Ad

A highlight for me in the Friday night game was actually not a disposal of sorts.
It was Roughead's perfectly placed tap into the path of Rioli (if I remember correctly).
Roughead was surrounded and being tackled but had a clear head in a tough situation.
Similarly with Luke Hodge at the start of the game.

From Adel v Syd loved everything Richards did near the ball.
Gets these innocuous spoils on the ball.

From Saturday night I really liked the whole game.
How good Fremantle were in the first quarter yet how impressive Geelong were on the fight back.
Without watching it again I'd have to say Pavlich's final goal as well.

Really liked West Coast's end-to-end work.
When Naitanui took the contested mark, and fed Kerr to the side halfway through the first I thought this was a highlight for West Coast.
Kerr kicked to a running Darling who didn't have to break stride.
Sprinting his way inside the 50 Darling steadied and finished off from the pocket.

First qtr of Friday nights game...intense. Big hits, big tackles loved it. Inglewood pub was going off!

Freo's manic attack on ball and man....seriously good.

WCE v NM......impressive but rather boring for a neutral.

Syd v Ade...a bit meh

The reaction of Whitecross after the game. Would have been hurting knowing he would be missing a year of footy yet looked so happy for his teammates
That was a class effort, no doubt about it. But for me, it was the entire Swans/Adelaide game. Pure joy and yet another reminder to all the doubters(who never seem to learn, despite constant lessons), DON"T UNDER ESTIMATE THE SWANS!!!

First qtr of Friday nights game...intense. Big hits, big tackles loved it. Inglewood pub was going off!

Freo's manic attack on ball and man....seriously good.

WCE v NM......impressive but rather boring for a neutral.

Syd v Ade...a bit meh
What does meh mean?:) :confused:

Well obviously I am bias... being an Eagles supporter and seeing your team win by almost 100 points at home in a final at the ground is nothing short of awesome. It makes it so much more enjoyable knowing that just two years ago we were awful and had to sit through 3 years of garbage! I guess that's what it is all about though, savour the moment.

After that - Pav, Pav, Pav and finally seeing Freo have some success. They probably played the best football game of their clubs history. They finally looked like professional side and I hope they can roll Adelaide this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another vote for Pav's last goal. Could barely walk minutes beforehand, and still manages to sell some candy and ice the game. What a legend.

Seeing Jetta chase down and tackle the most powerful player in the league was also exciting. The guy hasn't stuck a tackle for about 3 months, then pulls out that.

First 30-40 minutes of geelong vs freo, when the score read 51-4.

A lot of great moments I think. The 2 Jetta-V-Dangerfield chases. Whitecross singing the song. Morton stepping up big time for Sydney. As a dockers fan though, cannot go past Pav's last goal. Captain leading from the front.

Its hard to go past Matthew Pavlich's final goal against Geelong. Oh, such a great goal .... Geelong were coming hard but Fremantle never lost composure. Well done to the Dockers and looking forward to seeing Adelaide playing them this weekend.

West Coast's final quarter vs North Melbourne. It was 27 degrees or more and The Eagles thrived in those conditions to perfection. West Coast have only lost 2 home games in the last 2 seasons, both to Sydney if you don't count an away loss to Fremantle this year.

Both of the Danger/Jetta races down the wings. Two supreme athletes going full tilt, amazing to watch.
i also loved Freo's first quarter against the Cats. I could scarcely believe what I was watching !!!
Incredibly powerful and explosive finals football. They are the real deal... It sucks we've gotta play them now !!!
:cool:

Emac's first goal, Q-Stick, Hurn and Embley finding some form (and some long bombs!), Fremantle's stubbornness and toughness to knock over Geelong - Pavlich!! Sydney showing their class.. and Collingwood being put back in their place again by the red-hot Hawks - looking forward to the Eagles taking them on this weekend

I think my singular favourite moment was the bat-down and goal by Kennedy for the last goal against North Melbourne - was still on a delirious high from the Mexican Wave going around and around and then that single-effort just capped it all off amazingly.

Was at the Wallabies game so missed the Geelong game, no highlights from that ...

Highlight from friday was the duelling power forwards. That Sydney-Adelaide footrace was some crazy effort. Cannot understand how just about 60 inside-50s only resulted in 5 goals, btw...

Remove this Banner Ad

Your Favorite moment/s from Week 1 finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back