Your favourite Eagles moment of the year so far

Remove this Banner Ad

The Comeback

in 100 years of VFL/AFL, it was the 7th biggest comeback, and the absolute biggest from the 3rd quarter.

just like "peter matera set sails for home", that will be remembered in Perth for a long, long time.

i carry it around on my ipod. in fact, i think im going to watch it again now (minimized of course, im at my desk)

For a simple spine-tingling moment, the Embley goal in the 4th quarter of the Geelong game was just about unbeatable. Strangely enough it wasn't the goal that put them in front for the first time (that was Kerr's later goal), but the combination of factors - it had come just after an eagles goal, it was brilliantly cleared out of the centre (Kerr again I think), it was a terrific thumping kick, and Embley's Hewitt-like histrionics after scoring just made you feel, in that instant, that the game was going to be ours.

For me, it was a little bit similiar to a moment last year when we played Richmond at the MCG. A super multiple-bounce run right down the guts from Cousins, who then laid it off to a speeding Judd for a goal. Again, it wasn't the end of the game, and finally I think it was Matera who finished it off (we won by 2pts), but it was a moment that gave you belief. Not all these moments come from goals, and as a former defender I get these feelings when I see big efforts in the back half - something special and individual. Though, speaking of goals, Cox's goal against the Dons this year was a special memory as well :D

As far as general team highlights, I'll still go with the second half of the Geelong game, but the win over the Crows was the most pure example of quality football over an entire game by a country mile.

halfbackflanker said:
For a simple spine-tingling moment, the Embley goal in the 4th quarter of the Geelong game was just about unbeatable. Strangely enough it wasn't the goal that put them in front for the first time (that was Kerr's later goal), but the combination of factors - it had come just after an eagles goal, it was brilliantly cleared out of the centre (Kerr again I think), it was a terrific thumping kick, and Embley's Hewitt-like histrionics after scoring just made you feel, in that instant, that the game was going to be ours.
Please don't put any of our players in the same sentence as that jerk.

I've always had big wraps on Stenga so I'll go with his goal to put us in front of the Swans. All the other moments everyone's mentioned have been great aswell. Tim Lane's call of the Sydney game was also terrific.

i enjoy it when west coast are playing becuase the always get you excited. everytime they kick a goal i go crazy but i go a little more crazy when judd kicks a goal. there was this goal he kicked a few months ago i cant remember which game but it was an excellent play. i love it when they are losing at the start and in the 4th quater they win. it like totally makes my day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i love watching west coast play. the best moment was when chris kicked it to the forward line and like no is kicking a goal and then he came out of no where and kicked a goal. i got so excited that i went crazy. it was amzing. god i love him lol

mrz.judd said:
i love watching west coast play. the best moment was when chris kicked it to the forward line and like no is kicking a goal and then he came out of no where and kicked a goal. i got so excited that i went crazy. it was amzing. god i love him lol

How old are you, 11?

Remove this Banner Ad

Your favourite Eagles moment of the year so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back