Your favourite obscure or random Fremantle players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Craig Burrows. Best couldabeen bar Morabito. CHF 1995. Didn’t recover from knee injury.Remember him taking a huge pack mark at the WACA from a kickin and putting it back through the big sticks from outside 50.

A game I watched the other night, Burrows took a hanger against Essendon in Rd 2, 1995.

I thought Brock O'Brien was going to be a star

Andrew Wills in the drenching rain at the WACA ground kicking a few goals was fun. Vs North Melbourne perhaps?
Looked about 40 in his mid 20s, don't know why he wasn't in our Round 1 team in 1995, played in the Geelong GF vs West Coast and couldn't crack the Round 1 squad? Make it make sense.

Oh but we had room for Brendan Krummel.

Looked about 40 in his mid 20s, don't know why he wasn't in our Round 1 team in 1995, played in the Geelong GF vs West Coast and couldn't crack the Round 1 squad? Make it make sense.

Oh but we had room for Brendan Krummel.

Wills still had some thinning hair to comb back in Rd 2 1995. He actually didn't do much against Essendon except kick a late goal which got the margin back to 2pts.

It was interesting looking at the past era where midfielders don't rack up stats to see how umpires voted in the Brownlow. Somerville got the 3 votes, but Burton inspired Fremantle's comeback in that game and if you line them up stats wise, it's a fairly even. I guess they just gave it to the ruckman on the winning team.

Wills still had some thinning hair to comb back in Rd 2 1995. He actually didn't do much against Essendon except kick a late goal which got the margin back to 2pts.

It was interesting looking at the past era where midfielders don't rack up stats to see how umpires voted in the Brownlow. Somerville got the 3 votes, but Burton inspired Fremantle's comeback in that game and if you line them up stats wise, it's a fairly even. I guess they just gave it to the ruckman on the winning team.
We really have always had some fairly good ruckmen during our tenure, starting out with Spider Burton, Jeff White, a young Clem Michael before his injury, J-Lo, Sandi, now we have Darcy and Jackson.

We really have always had some fairly good ruckmen during our tenure, starting out with Spider Burton, Jeff White, a young Clem Michael before his injury, J-Lo, Sandi, now we have Darcy and Jackson.

I liked Spider but I got a bit of a memory shock seeing him on the run, bending down and clean hands on a loose ball, sidestepping mids and kicking 40m inside 50m and hitting a team mate on the chest.

Heath Blacks kicking was very nice.

Adam McPhee's tail-end was underrated. Desperately needed him in our Grand Final.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

How did that guy get to 100 games lol. His dumbarse partner Scotty Thornton only got to 88.
But but but… remember that one time he beat Buddy! 😅

But Daniel Gilmore was the greatest DumbArse of them all. Banners would have been a bona fide member of the DumbArse Brigade if he was playing in the mid-late 2000s.🤦🏻‍♀️

Been watching some mid 2000s Dockers content, what we would give for a small forward duo like Medhurst and Farmer again.

That forward line was insane:

Headland, Pavlich, Longmuir
Farmer, McPharlin, Medhurst

I'm missing a few floating forwards I'm sure, but **** me, that forward line was elite.

Been watching some mid 2000s Dockers content, what we would give for a small forward duo like Medhurst and Farmer again.

That forward line was insane:

Headland, Pavlich, Longmuir
Farmer, McPharlin, Medhurst

I'm missing a few floating forwards I'm sure, but **** me, that forward line was elite.

Yep, back then it was our midfield that was a load of shite. Has Hase and Bell but not much else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, back then it was our midfield that was a load of shite. Has Hase and Bell but not much else.
I thought the Carr brothers were solid, I think our wings were definitely lacking, Black was fine, McManus just wasn't much cop after his injuries.

What year did Crowley go into the midfield as a tagger? Must have been around 2006 because he's getting disposal numbers in the 20's. Schammer and Peake were complimentary midfielders. Ultimately people might say they were turnover merchants, but they ran all day. Peake had a year where he polled 10 votes in the Brownlow - 3rd for Fremantle behind Pavlich (15) and Josh Carr (12).

I thought the Carr brothers were solid, I think our wings were definitely lacking, Black was fine, McManus just wasn't much cop after his injuries.

They were okay but I hate to speak of Josh. Another on a long list of players who didn't provide at the cost. Troy Cook and Macca are legends but in reality not fantastic players. Of course I do wonder how Cook would go in the modern pressure era.

What year did Crowley go into the midfield as a tagger? Must have been around 2006 because he's getting disposal numbers in the 20's. Schammer and Peake were complimentary midfielders. Ultimately people might say they were turnover merchants, but they ran all day. Peake had a year where he polled 10 votes in the Brownlow - 3rd for Fremantle behind Pavlich (15) and Josh Carr (12).

Feel like it was a bit later round 2008/2009. Sure he was played half forward a lot originally.

Feel like it was a bit later round 2008/2009. Sure he was played half forward a lot originally.

Well I'm pretty certain the 2nd derby in 2007 he tagged Judd and did a good job, but the numbers suggest he might have started tagging in the 2nd half of 2006. He's got 35 possessions against Port Adelaide in Rd 22, 2006. It would be extraordinary if he got those as a forward.

Now I remember something, that Hasleby missed most of that 9 wins in a row streak in the latter half of 2006.

Last edited:
Well I'm pretty certain the 2nd derby in 2007 he tagged Judd and did a good job, but the numbers suggest he might have started tagging in the 2nd half of 2006. He's got 35 possessions against Port Adelaide in Rd 22, 2006. It would be extraordinary if he got those as a forward.

Could be right to be honest. Think I've got false memories because I remember him being in and out of the team a lot more but checking footywire seems like he was quite consistently in the team.

I'm just watching Round 1 1995, and how we let Bell go and only played him twice in 1995 is ridiculous. He had 2 first quarter goals, sure he didn't get the ball much, but he made the most of the posessions he had.

Severely short sighted choice on our end that bit us in the backside for many years, we definitely could have used Bell in the midfield during the late 90s.

I'm just watching Round 1 1995, and how we let Bell go and only played him twice in 1995 is ridiculous. He had 2 first quarter goals, sure he didn't get the ball much, but he made the most of the posessions he had.

Severely short sighted choice on our end that bit us in the backside for many years, we definitely could have used Bell in the midfield during the late 90s.

I watched most of that game the other day. Bell looks a little bit chunkier in Rd 1 compared to his later years but he kicks a couple of goals - one in the last quarter in a 5pt loss, from memory. Peter Miller left/retired at the end of the 1st season too. We brought in players like Gavin Mitchell, Luke Toia and recruited Brad Rowe in the the 2nd year.

Even in the first two games you can see Winston Abraham kicking goals out of nowhere.

Phil ****ing Smart!!!

Although think Bell had a sliding door moment to be fair. Remember reading an article about him saying Pagan was instrumental in turning his career round and getting him fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your favourite obscure or random Fremantle players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back