Your First 22 for 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoever we recruit as a ruck in the drafts should go straight into the team as a back up to Renouf.

And which one of the quality ruckman floating around the dole office do you think is better than the Taylor?

Name some names and put a case forward of who would usurp Simon.

Lets go Simple Simon and show every one here how many free kicks and dumb things you can do next year.

Quality. Do you have any idea of the background to this year and Hawthorn's ruck woes beyond injuries? Didn't think so.

Maybe Simon Nesbit might be in a benevolent mood and post his excellent analysis of that situation. It's an eye-opener.

Glad to see someone on the same page tho. He is A grade alright (A Grade SPUD)

You two are certainly on the same page.

It saddens me to see newbies trash talking any of our players.

And we are too JB.

LOL. You guys are the experts! I don’t really care what you think of my post or punches post I know him well and we both go to every game and are as passionate about Hawthorn FC as anyone on this board.

I agree it is not great to bag our players, however, I am sick of players making out they are tough (i.e. sniping) and getting paid to do a 'professional/paid' job were they train everyday who are so DUMB they give the same free kick away or similar ones time and time again.

Is there a coincidence he wasn’t picked for the granny?

He might be the best bloke in the world but I am sorry the guy’s just sucks as a professional athlete and I truly believe if he wasn’t so tall he would be lucky to be playing amateurs.

Be honest, where would Simon Taylor rate in the whole comp as a ruckman and what other teams would he get a game in?

I have seen Johnson from Melbourne play and he is better then Taylor and I would rather if delisted have Pattieson excuse the spelling.

I don’t want to argue or bicker as I have constantly read your posts and respect you guys, however, as much as I hate saying it Taylor is very very average.

I really hope we take a chance on a 21+ y.o from another league, or play Lowden, Renouf and maybe PSD selection (someone young).

On another note I really hope we pick up Harris as I think the kid can play and deserves a chance.

Did you read this board during the year?

It was open-season on Taylor and Murphy week-after-week. It got incredibly tedious. The reason I took your post(s) to task is there are reasons why Taylor, indeed our rucks, had such a crap year.

Do you know them?

I just asked you to supply to some sort of evidence that he 'was a spud' and 'hopeless'. Because I think you'll find that a good many people rate Taylor (when playing well) as a good tap ruckman.

TWITA and Simon Nesbit have posted excellent posts of late backing this contention up with statistics. Seek 'em out you might find them interesting.

I'm not asking you to conform to my point of view - actually no one around here knows what I think of Murphy or Taylor - merely to ease up a bit.

As for Lowden, he won't be anywhere near a senior oval this year unless something truly catastrophic happens. He's two years off yet, dude.

FB: Guerra, Gilham, Gibson
HB: Ladson, Croad, Birchall
C: Burgoyne, Mitchell, Lewis
HF: Hodge, Roughead, Osbourne
FF: Rioli, Franklin, Brown
R: Renouf, Bateman, Sewell

Interchange: Ellis, Young, Moss, Taylor

Need to pick up a half decent ruckman during the PSD, and
Hopper would be a great get as it would free up Brown to play down back.
The only problem here is that the depth of the side is a bit of worry, Shoenmakers, Tuck, Morton etc doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

The Best 22:

Gibson Gilham Guerra
Birchall Croad Murphy
Bateman Mitchell Lewis
Burgoyne Franklin Rioli
Brown Roughead Osborne
Taylor Hodge Sewell

Ellis Renouf Ladson
Young

Best Reserves 22
Whitecross Dowler Milne
Moss Schoenmakers Suckling
Muston Kiel Savage
Morton Lisle Breust
Stokes Thorp Peterson
Bailey Shiels Tuck

Walsh Sierakowski
Lowden

The Best 22:

Gibson Gilham Guerra
Birchall Croad Murphy
Bateman Mitchell Lewis
Burgoyne Franklin Rioli
Brown Roughead Osborne
Taylor Hodge Sewell

Ellis Renouf Ladson
Young

Best Reserves 22
Whitecross Dowler Milne
Moss Schoenmakers Suckling
Muston Kiel Savage
Morton Lisle Breust
Stokes Thorp Peterson
Bailey Shiels Tuck

Walsh Sierakowski
Lowden

I would love to see these 2 sides go at it, Australia vs Australia A World Series Cricket Style.

My first 22

Start like this 2010:

B Ellis Gilham Guerra
HB Birchall Gibson Hodge
C Lewis Mitchell Bateman
HF Burgoyne Franklin Rioli
F Osborne Roughead Dowler

R Taylor Tuck Sewell
I/C Morton Whitecross Schoenmakers
Shiels Renouf Moss

Reintegrated in side when injury or form permit :

Ladson Young Muston Brown
Murphy Croad Bailey

Notes

Would like to see Tucky start in 18, given a month and see how he goes.
HF Burgoyne Franklin Rioli.... WOW!
Campbell Brown played shit last year, starts out of 22 for mine.
Desperately need a ruckman and CHB to become elite ASAP. Schoe and Renouf come on down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back