B: Gibson-Gilham-Guerra
HB: Ladson-The Shoe-Birchall
C: Ellis-Mitchell-Changa
HF: Lewis-Rough-Berger
F: Franklin-Dowler-Rioli
R: Taylor-Hodge-Sewell
I: Renouf Brown Ossie Shields
Emerg - Whitecross, Savage, Murphy

Forget Croad & Young. Need to plan for them not returning. Either one would be a bonus.

Fairly happy with that side apart form the rucks.
And we have lost depth which means injuries will be a huge factor as to whether we challenge for the flag.
And we need to draft a ruckman- even a crap one like Bryan. I rate Tim Walsh but he has injury problems so if either of Taylor or Renouf are out we are in trouble.

(I don't rate Muston or Tuck. Kennedy will be better than either of those two)

FB: Guerra --- Gilham --- Schoenmakers
HB: Birch --- Hodge --- Gibson
C: Lewis --- Mitch --- Bateman
HF: Rioli --- Franko --- Osborne
FF: Brown --- Rough --- Dowler
R: Renouf --- Sewell --- Burgoyne

INTERCHANGE: Taylor, Ellis, Shiels, Guerra

EMERGENCY: Whitecross, Savage, Thorp
Spare: Moss, Muston, Tuck, Morton, Lowden, Murphy
Injured: Bailey, Croad, Young, Ladson
Prospective: Markovic, Coad, McDonald, Roe

Rd 1 - Out suspended Franklin & Bateman
Rd 1 - In - Savage, Thorp

Just love how our team is looking for next year. Easy to forget how good our overall team is going to be reading all the posts about how bad certain players are, but when you look at the starting 22, barring injuries and suspensions, wow....bring on 2010!!

Imagine if Croad got back to his best, i know I'm probably dreaming but what a team it would be then.

'Insert long impressed whistle here'

it would be great to see croad back. i really hope he does get back for next season. and with the shoe having a good 1st season, he will get better in 2010 and become a very good CHB.

our backline could be very good with croad, shoe and gilham to cover a big forward line. only problem is who does croad replace?

so far our backline - guerra, gilham, ladson, birchall, shoe, gibson.

maybe ladson/guerra off the bench to make way for croad.

and lets hope youngy gets back kickin goals from 60 on the run.

we are looking dangerous for next year so long as there are no injuries. and watch for muston, tuck and morton to step up.

GO HAWKS PREMIERS 2010

Geez it is a good side. Has stepped up in class with Gibson and Burgoyne coming on board. Can't wait till we have a good ruckman.

There is more depth at the fringe as well with the current fringe tier Tuck / Morton / Murphy / Whitecross / Moss and to a lesser extent Muston now being genuinely challenged by Shiels / Savage who could quite easily jump above the others. Whitecross and Shiels have more raw ability than the others.

Thorp is the unknown. Could be a handy utility in the side due to his good kicking.

Lisle and Lowden will be the biggest bonus of the lot if they can play seniors as they address weaknesses with talls.

The real pressure in the 22 is on the smalls - Guerra, Ladson, Brown and Osborne. Really keen to see Whitecross and Shiels in the side regularly so these guys will need to be in form. The above 4 have the runs on the board so must start in the side.

I could not find a spot for Dowler with Hodge being my 3rd forward and rotating through the midfield. Burgoyne to play up forward as well. Ossie plays tall also.

I can see (and I hope to see) Schoey being pushed forward for 2-3 games for a half or so to stretch the opposition. He is quality and it would be a big luxury to be able to push him forward to find a goal.

Shiels very stiff to not be in the side but would be the first to come in. Time at Box Hill will help him refine his kicking. Whitecross is ahead of him as he has done more preseasons and is a better kick.

The list is strong and more important places for positions are highly competitive.

The McGlynn loss doesn't hurt when you look at the list.

We have some good rookies waiting in the wings as well.

Our list will only be stronger after the drafts.

What an exciting year ahead.

Guerra Gilham Ladson
Birchall Schoenmakers Gibson
Bateman Mitchell Young
Rioli Franklin Hodge
Osborne Roughead Brown

Renouf Sewell Burgoyne

Int: Taylor Lewis Ellis Whitecross

At Box Hill:
Dowler
Tuck
Shiels
Morton
Thorp
Savage
Lisle
Moss
Muston
Murphy

Injured:
Croad
Bailey
Stokes

hawthorn's depth is much better then what some ppl think... not as good as some of the other teams.. but f***** hell good enough lol :thumbsu:
Games
1 M.Bailey 6
16 B.Dowler 16
17 B.Muston 8
19 M.Thorp 2
22 T.Tuck 20
25 R.Schoenmakers 13
26 L.Shiels 11
28 G.Moss 10
35 J.Morton 17
37 B.Whitecross 13
40 S.Savage 3
44 C.Stokes 19
45 R.Milne 2

a lot of games.. & it will double by the end of next yr :)

get on B.Muston for a breakout season :D

FB: Guerra Gilham Ellis
HB: Birch F1 Gibson
C: Lewis Mitchell Burgoyne
HF: Bateman Buddy Hodge
FF: Brown Roughead Dowler/Thorp
R: Renouf Sewell Junior

INTERCHANGE: Taylor Shields Osborne Ladson

Dasher?? Croad??

Emergency-Munston Savage, Whitecross

Backs
J.Gibson
S.Gilham
B.Guerra
G.Birchall
T.Croad
T.Murphy

Centers
C.Bateman
S.Mitchell
J.Lewis

Forwards
S.Burgoyne
L.Franklin
C.Rioli
C.Brown
J.Roughead
M.Osborne

Rucks
S.Taylor
L.Hodge
B.Sewell

Interchange
C.Young
B.Renouf
R.Ladson
X.Ellis

Reserves
M.Bailey
B.Dowler
B.Muston
M.Thorp
T.Tuck
R.Schoenmakers
L.Shiels
G.Moss
J.Morton
B.Whitecross
S.Savage
C.Stokes

Players we should look at in the National Draft or PSD
A.Bentick
D.Harris
C.Wight
C.Hughes
L.Markovic
J.MacDonald
J.Roe
R.Shirley
N.Gill
D.O'Keefe
M.Laidlaw
D.Gilmore
K.Tenace
S.Valenti
S.Buckley
L.Spaanderman
R.Willits
D.Fanning
C.Bryan
J.Smith
only 2-3 players from this list are necessary for us lol :)

& they are J.Smith R.Willits J.MacDonald :thumbsu:

Brown Gilham Gibson
Birchall Shoey Young
Bateman Mitchell Burgoyne
Lewis Franklin Rioli
Dowler Roughead Osborne
Renouf Hodge Sewell

Ellis Taylor Ladson Sheils

Murphy Whitecroos Muston Morton Tuck??
Croad and Bailey Injured.

I like Brown startin in the backline. His aggression really puts some doubt i the minds of opposition forwards, especially small goalsneaks. Gibson to take second or third tall (depending on shoeys form).
Birchall and young long kicking, ball carrying flankers. Perfect for delivery into our forward line.
Bateman can get back to playing a more offensive role next year along with burgoyne. Both have big tanks and can rotate thru the middle.
Mitchell still the best clearance player in the comp.
Rioli and Lewis to be part of midfeild rotations. I dont mind jordan lewis up forward, he has good skills and an eye for goal. Buddy and Roughy pick themselves.
dowler has a bit to do to cement his spot but showed a bit late 09 to suggest he can be a 30-40 goal player??
Ossie brings hardness and intensity to the defensive part of the forward line. Can kick a bag of 3-4 on his day.

renouf starts in the ruck. Got to give him a bit more responsibilty and hope he improves in his tap work. contests ok.
Hodge should play on ball 60-70% of the time. We all know what he is capable of as a midfielder. Every time he plays there he has an impact in one way or another and with a full preseason uder his belt will hopefully have an AA year.
Sewell is agun and is one of the hungrier players going round.

Ellis due for a big year, and ladson deserves a spot. Taylor second ruck with sheils having more of an impact.

I really like the look of it and if we can keep our intensity up it is a premiership contending side. But im preaching to the converted in here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hawthorn's best 22

B J.MacDonald N.Carroll M.Coad
HB J.Smith A.Hartlett J.Head
C M.Coughlan A.Bentick C.Fletcher
HF S.Harding A.Campbell R.Hooper
F R.Robertson N.Gill N.Brown
R C.Bryan R.Shirley J.Bannister

INT D.Gilmore D.Harris J.Roe
S.Power

EMG M.Riggio J.Giles S.Clouston
D.Pfeiffer J.Edwards C.Wight
W.Skipper D.O'Keefe R.Brabazon
D.Stanley N.Lower S.Buckley
S.Valenti K.Pettifer J.O'Nicholls

pretty impressive lol :p

As long as TAYLOR is not in the best 22 i don't really care who else is in the team to be honest.

Whoever we recruit as a ruck in the drafts should go straight into the team as a back up to Renouf.

TAYLOR has had too many chances IMO.

Before the BAILEY injury and BOB retirement there was not a chance TAYLOR would have got a game next year now all of a sudden he is in the best 22 when he clearly isn't good enough.

Heres mine assuming Croady, Laddo, Youngy & Bails cannot play at all and not taking the drafts into account.

B: Guerra, Gilham, Gibson
HB: Birchall, Schoenmakers, Brown
C: Burgoyne, Hodge, Bateman
HF: Lewis, Franklin, Rioli
FF: Osbourne, Roughead, Dowler
Foll: Renouf, Mitchell, Sewell
Int: Taylor, Ellis, Muston & Shiels

B: Brown, Gilham, Gibson
HB: Birchall, Schoe, Guerra
Mids: Renouf, Mitchell, Sewell
Int: (Insert Ruck from Draft), Ellis, Young, Ladson

Emg: Shiels, Muston, Whitecross

Heres mine assuming Croady, Laddo, Youngy & Bails cannot play at all and not taking the drafts into account.

B: Guerra, Gilham, Gibson
HB: Birchall, Schoenmakers, Brown
Foll: Renouf, Mitchell, Sewell
Int: Taylor, Ellis, Muston & Shiels

You should have to pay $3.00 per minute to even look at that centre line on paper:D

B: Gilham Gibson Birchall

HB: Ladson Croad Guerra

C: Bateman Mitchell Burgoyne

HF: Rioli Franklin Lewis

FF: Dowler Roughead, Schoenmakers

FOLL: Renouf Sewell,Hodge

BENCH: Taylor X.Ellis, Brown Young

EMERG: Osbourne , L Shiels, B Muston

Just using someone elses list to note the depth in terms of experience.

In essence, Burgoyne and Gibson come in for

Long term injuries to Croad and Possibly Young puts 3 players with under 40 games in the 22 (shoey, renouf, Dowler. Youd imagine they will make the 40+ games by season end.

After that Tuck, Morton, Stokes, Whitecross are our next most experience - but all less than 20 games.

This all really underlines how Kennedy and Mighty mouse wouldn't have got gametime - there must be a 'fiendish plan' as to why they were moved on - mature recruits perhaps ?

Backs
J.Gibson
S.Gilham
B.Guerra
G.Birchall
T.Croad
T.Murphy
R.Schoenmakers (13)

Centers
C.Bateman
S.Mitchell
J.Lewis

Forwards
S.Burgoyne
L.Franklin
C.Rioli
C.Brown
J.Roughead
M.Osborne

Rucks
S.Taylor
L.Hodge
B.Sewell

Interchange
C.Young
B.Renouf (23)
R.Ladson
X.Ellis
B.Dowler (16)

Reserves
M.Bailey (6)
B.Muston (8)
M.Thorp (2)
T.Tuck (20)

L.Shiels (11)
G.Moss (R 10)
J.Morton (17)
B.Whitecross (13)
S.Savage (3)
C.Stokes (R 19)

Whoever we recruit as a ruck in the drafts should go straight into the team as a back up to Renouf.

Before the BAILEY injury and BOB retirement there was not a chance TAYLOR would have got a game next year now all of a sudden he is in the best 22 when he clearly isn't good enough.[/quote]

You must be kidding!!!!! Taylor is on the verge of becoming elite mark my words. His big, strong and sharp as a tack.

He will soon be giving up football (delisted in a year or two) and will be heading off to America to be in the UFC to face Brock Lesnar and he will destroy Brock, here he will be elite.

Along with his impeccable football ability he is also one of the toughest SOB's I have ever seen.

Lets go Simple Simon and show every one here how many free kicks and dumb things you can do next year.

Before the BAILEY injury and BOB retirement there was not a chance TAYLOR would have got a game next year now all of a sudden he is in the best 22 when he clearly isn't good enough.

You must be kidding!!!!! Taylor is on the verge of becoming elite mark my words. His big, strong and sharp as a tack.

He will soon be giving up football (delisted in a year or two) and will be heading off to America to be in the UFC to face Brock Lesnar and he will destroy Brock, here he will be elite.

Along with his impeccable football ability he is also one of the toughest SOB's I have ever seen.

Lets go Simple Simon and show every one here how many free kicks and dumb things you can do next year.[/quote]

LOL:D:D:D

For a minute there when I read he will become elite I thought to myself I should nominate for the ND:)

Glad to see someone on the same page tho. He is A grade alright (A Grade SPUD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Your First 22 for 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back