Premiership Player
Suspended
Jul 3, 2003
By the river
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Church of Simon Wiggins
So for some reason last night we were discussing Lone Star Steakhouse.

Anyway, as I recall as a young'un, there was an urban legend about a story that ran on Today Tonight back in the mid 90's about the local Lone Star where they employed a chef who was insane, had a customer complain about her meal, so he jacked off on her steak, and gave her HIV. The place shut down, and every time we went past it on school excursions (I think it was out like near Chelsea or something). It was just this abandoned crack den sort of place. That story would always grow to the point where apparently the crazy chef still lived in the abandoned Lone Star.

Ms LC had apparently heard the same story, except he only gave her herpes.

Can't find any news articles about either though.

What do you have?

Anyway, as I recall as a young'un, there was an urban legend about a story that ran on Today Tonight back in the mid 90's about the local Lone Star where they employed a chef who was insane, had a customer complain about her meal, so he jacked off on her steak, and gave her HIV. The place shut down, and every time we went past it on school excursions (I think it was out like near Chelsea or something). It was just this abandoned crack den sort of place. That story would always grow to the point where apparently the crazy chef still lived in the abandoned Lone Star.

What do you have?
Larundel or however the hell you spell it, was an insane asylum in Bundoora, shut down. Supposedly haunted.

That's about all I can remember. :eek:

apparently the guy who lives at the end of my street died. and no one was living there and people would see the light on and off during the day. IIRC i think i saw it on once and didnt make anything off it and the when i heard the story. well it was a bit wierd

...Ms LC had apparently heard the same story, except he only gave her herpes.

Funny, I heard the same version as Ms LC. IIRC, the location of the restaurant in question was Lower or Centre Dandenong Road, not far from Moorabbin Airport.

Hmmmm... perhaps one of the big multi-national fast food joints started the rumour to drive them out of business?

Check this out, too: http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/semen.asp

Snopes is a really good website for catching up on all sorts of urban legends. Amazing what some people will believe! :eek:

What do you have?

I've heard that same story.

• Banned
Funny, I heard the same version as Ms LC. IIRC, the location of the restaurant in question was Lower or Centre Dandenong Road, not far from Moorabbin Airport.

Hmmmm... perhaps one of the big multi-national fast food joints started the rumour to drive them out of business?

Check this out, too: http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/semen.asp

Snopes is a really good website for catching up on all sorts of urban legends. Amazing what some people will believe! :eek:

Having just GoogleMapped it, yeah thats the one. I can definitely remember a Today Tonight story of that ilk, but was mostly just hidden camera stuff showing how unhygenic the self serve bars at these places like Lone Star, Pizza Hut and Sizzler were, because you were sharing with fat bogans.

Either way, I think I'd prefer to eat the steak in question than watch another one of those Tony Lockett ads they used to have

Having just GoogleMapped it, yeah thats the one. I can definitely remember a Today Tonight story of that ilk, but was mostly just hidden camera stuff showing how unhygenic the self serve bars at these places like Lone Star, Pizza Hut and Sizzler were, because you were sharing with fat bogans.

Either way, I think I'd prefer to eat the steak in question than watch another one of those Tony Lockett ads they used to have
Ahh Sizzler...

God I miss Sizzler.

Yeh okay, so lots of little brats would finger all the donuts, and drop em on the floor, and their parents would just put them back on the tray...

But damn their soft serve ice cream ruled.

What do you have?
i was watching a show on 7HD on thursday night called 'urban legends' and they reanact urban legends and you have to geuss if they are right or wrong. coincidentally, this story happened to be on this week. they said it was a complete myth and that there are different veriations all over the world

BTW it is an american show

Theres a road called the Wakehurst Parkway about 5 mins west. Rumour has it that a bunch of 13 year old girls were defiled and brutally murdered by an ex groundskeeper at the academy of sport nextdoor around the turn of the century.

Anyhoo it is widely believed that at the full moon the girls come up to the nearby sports acadamy and look for this man that took their lives. When we had cricket camps there the eerie mist over Narrabeen Lakes was their souls rising from their watery grave.

Used to spook the shit out of me.

What do you have?

LOL, i always heard that Lonestart closed down because an old lady slipped on the penut shells that you were aloowed to throw on the floor.

Ahh Sizzler...

God I miss Sizzler.

Yeh okay, so lots of little brats would finger all the donuts, and drop em on the floor, and their parents would just put them back on the tray...

But damn their soft serve ice cream ruled.

The one in Launceston used to have people lined up out the door on some nights. It then became Bells, and then it closed down about 2 weeks later. It stood empty for a while then was reincarnated as a Lone Star, which also went belly up until eventually it found a comfortable niche as a Burger King. I thought its location was haunted and i desperately tried to start an urban legend, but alas i failed :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one in Launceston used to have people lined up out the door on some nights. It then became Bells, and then it closed down about 2 weeks later. It stood empty for a while then was reincarnated as a Lone Star, which also went belly up until eventually it found a comfortable niche as a Burger King. I thought its location was haunted and i desperately tried to start an urban legend, but alas i failed :(
I remember that one in Launceston. Never knew it was a Burger King now.

There are two popular urban legends in Australia, both involving animals, but are non-area specific:

1. Pelicans capturing, killing and eating small dogs in front of their horrified owners.
2. A couple import an expensive cactus from overseas for their garden, but after it has been in the ground a few months it begins to vibrate. It is found to be filled with exoctic and deadly tarantulas, and has to be destroyed.

What do you have?

haha, it was the lone star in Fountain Gate and apparently it was true. don't know about him living there after that though:confused: it's next to the freeway sports centre on princes hwy.
as for urban legends, i grew up in noble park, no need for urban legends because all the shit that happened there was real unfortunately.
if anyone's old enough to remember that psycho in the mid 80's that shot a couple of cops "mad max" paval marinoff, he jumped our backyard fence hightailing it from the cops who were chasing him (and our dog!). my mum was packing big-time while dad just kept playing pool with a mate in the back room (saying the cops would take care of it but would pay for any damage to the lawn!) and we were desperately trying to get close enough to a window to see what was happening.

haha, it was the lone star in Fountain Gate and apparently it was true. don't know about him living there after that though:confused: it's next to the freeway sports centre on princes hwy.
as for urban legends, i grew up in noble park, no need for urban legends because all the shit that happened there was real unfortunately.
if anyone's old enough to remember that psycho in the mid 80's that shot a couple of cops "mad max" paval marinoff, he jumped our backyard fence hightailing it from the cops who were chasing him (and our dog!). my mum was packing big-time while dad just kept playing pool with a mate in the back room (saying the cops would take care of it but would pay for any damage to the lawn!) and we were desperately trying to get close enough to a window to see what was happening.
that would have been pretty scary.

LOL that everyone believes the Lone Star story. I heard it from so many people and they were dead certain that it was true as "it involved a friend of a friend". How can all these people all have a friend of a friend that worked there. It's all BS if you ask me and a lot if people are very gullible. We already have a few different locations for the incident I this one thread.

Apparently somewhere in Adelaide there is a street that has the same sequence of things happen when you drive down there.
Something like an elderly woman will walk out the front of her house, a dog runs in front of your car and then a ute comes out of it's driveway.

Not sure if that is the correct sequence but it's something along those lines.
Ive always been keen to check it out.

Also near my house there is an old abandoned joint, apparently its haunted by nuns who were hung in the basement by some bloke, drive past it most days.. gives me the occasional shiver.

Apparently somewhere in Adelaide there is a street that has the same sequence of things happen when you drive down there.
Something like an elderly woman will walk out the front of her house, a dog runs in front of your car and then a ute comes out of it's driveway.

Not sure if that is the correct sequence but it's something along those lines.
Ive always been keen to check it out.

Also near my house there is an old abandoned joint, apparently its haunted by nuns who were hung in the basement by some bloke, drive past it most days.. gives me the occasional shiver.

heard of an old abandoned bank building in an adelaide country town that may be haunted also:rolleyes:

that would have been pretty scary.

nah, i was about 10 and had a mate over to my house as well, we thought it was great, cops everywhere, street full of divvy vans, i never thought of the danger until a week later when i heard he'd shot the cops leaving one of them a quadriplegic, by coincidence he was chased through a mates backyard as well who lived about 10 minutes away. my dog went off his **** at the time and he was a placid dog.
when you're a kid, stuff like that doesn't scare you, it's more exciting than anything. i remember going to school and telling the class, then the stories started "yeah well my dad actually caught mad max but had to let him go because mum called him in for dinner" and "we sat up in the tree in the backyard shooting at him with an air rifle". trouble was most of us believed each others stories at the time:D

Couple of them I know of in Adelaide.

There is an abandon mental asylum, not sure of the suburb, but we use to go there a couple years ago at 2-3am just for spooks. Anyway, it was about 8 floors high and you would basically have to walk down a long hallway before finding the next flight of stairs, it was like a "Z" setup from an above perspective. We use to see how high we could go, but by around the 3rd or 4th flight of stairs things got really scary. Would hear random whispers and stuff. Spooky shit.

I also heard of one in the hills, it's absolute darkness, the only light is from the car your in. I believe there was a car crash up there a few years ago which killed a car load of people and supposedly when you drive really slowly and look, you can see faint images of people in the distance to either side of the car.

Completely different matter. I was working at my dads pub a couple years back, anyway, there was this woman who sat a distance away from me, and when she turned and looked at me, her eyes were as red as a ranga, and I pretty much froze up instantly, dropped the beer I was holding and needed to take a break for a couple minutes. That bitch was possessed I tell ya!

What do you have?

I heard the same story about one in WA. It had shut down as well... Crazy how these stories get around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your local urban legend stories...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back