Your team's most intimidating players

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
He means that what Carlton lack is that intimidating, hard type player that other teams are generally frightened by. Thus why he mentioned Brereton and Mooney.

This quote from the 'Why Does Carlton Draft Runts Rather than Talls?' thread got me thinking, we really don't have one, probably haven't since David Rhys-Jones :(

So apart from the obvious ones lilke Mooney for Geelong and Brown for Brisbane, who are your teams most intimidating, hard-man type players?

We have Bolton.

Nick Maxwell would easily be rated up their in the top of the list as most intimidating footballers if the players voted. Every week the courageous defender gets into someone's face if they do something that isn't in the hard mans text book.

The thread is stupid

Because there isn't any intimidating players in football today

The Neville Bruns/Leigh Matthews incident changed that by using video footage and the league with new rules since also virtually stopping anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of the best 22, Andrew Walker is probably the most likely. Fev too does a pretty good job of serving it up but we encourage him to stay out of it.

Of the rest of the squad, Jordan Bannister goes alright.

Mark Ricciuto

From his wheelchair.

Got to agree with this. Love the way he goes about it. Nothing seems to phase him. He's the type of player that doesn't need to rant and rave on the field to prove he is tough because he just bloody is. I remember his hip and shoulder on Dean Kemp a few seasons ago where Kemp was doing 360's in the air. Very nasty but very fair.

WTF are you smoking? :eek:

I hope you're being sarcastic.

Obviously TV audiences can't pick up on this. Nick Maxwell is close to the most feared player running around in the Black and White. As I said, the cameras don't pick this up, and never will.

I don't know how you could think of this being sarcastic...the thread suggests intimidating players, where did I go wrong...obviously I am not going with the crowd and saying ********s like Lonie and Houlihan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your team's most intimidating players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back