Your three favourite opposition teams

What are your Top 3 opposition teams (discuss reasons)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I did choose Gold Coast, but that's more a Queenslander thing, and hoping they can sort their *#@! out both on and off the field. I would genuinely love a local rivalry, as both clubs hopefully climb the ladder.
QUOTE]

That's how I feel I about Freo. The better both teams do the more exciting and meaningful the local rivalry is. Plus I genuinely would like to see my long suffering Freo friends taste the ultimate success. Just not too much of it ;)

I enjoy the rabid support Collingwood has, its unique and rare, only a club like Richmond comes close with how loyal its supporters are. Plus I like the history and aesthetics.

I sympathise with Saints fans, lotta old loyal fans who go to every game more than any I've seen and just patiently stick by their team. I can't hate 'em.

And for some reason I just like West Coast. Maybe because Simmo coaches them.

Lol 11 pages of "likeness" for the "opposition"

Wow, can't even believe this is threadworthy.

It's your team and no one else! F......hell grow some balls people.

No wonder we're hated so much, consistently contending and don't a give a flying about the opposition.

Bring the hate oppo supporters, we thrive on that shit!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then you're not a true Port supporter , most port fans will tell you that.

Team bro! Port or Pies?
A lot of people back in the pre AFL days had a team in usually in their local league and one in the VFL, not uncommon at all. Its was like having your team in the a-league and a team in the Premier league. My dad was South Freo and Carlton before West Coast came in, is now a one eyed Eagles fans but understandably will always have a soft spot for Carlton.

Last edited:
A lot of people back in the pre AFL days had a team in usually in their local league and one in the VFL, not uncommon at all. Its was like having your team in the a-league and a team in the Premier league. My dad was South Freo and Carlton before West Coast came him, is now a one eyed Eagles fans but understandably will always have a soft spot for Carlton.
Very true

Bit less so for Port though than for ither non Vic clubs I think.

All clubs cultures are changing a bit in the professional era and tending to a kind if sameness I think. Traditionally being a Port supporter was a blood thing though. If you were a part of the tribe it was a lifetime thing, if you weren't you really weren't wanted.Becoming a Port suooirter would have been a pretty rare thing.

However you view the way the club has acted, they're the only non-Vic club to make their way into the AFL, and that was a very unlikely event.

I liked Essendon until 2013. Cant stand them now.
Im interested in the GC and how they rebuild and im keen to follow the Miles, C.Ellis from the Tigers up there.
They drafted well this year with Rankin, Rooey x2 and the King brother.
They will not be a threat for the next 3-4 years while the Tigers challenge haha..

A lot of people back in the pre AFL days had a team in usually in their local league and one in the VFL, not uncommon at all. Its was like having your team in the a-league and a team in the Premier league. My dad was South Freo and Carlton before West Coast came in, is now a one eyed Eagles fans but understandably will always have a soft spot for Carlton.

Then he was never a bulldog or blue, if you ditch a team you've never been a true supporter.

No wonder we're hated so much, consistently contending and don't a give a flying about the opposition.

As sickening as it is to agree with a Collingwood supporter...This.

2nd favorite teams (etc) are for soft ***** and fence sitters who can't make up their mind.

I'll grant that there are some clubs I hate less (the peak being indifference), but 'favorite opposition teams'...Never.

Actually like the pies a fair bit nowadays :p . Good style of footy and I love watching JDG

As sickening as it is to agree with a Collingwood supporter...This.

2nd favorite teams (etc) are for soft ***** and fence sitters who can't make up their mind.

I'll grant that there are some clubs I hate less (the peak being indifference), but 'favorite opposition teams'...Never.

Think most people in here like some oppo teams because their friends/partners/families support them, don’t see an issue with that. My stepdad is a long suffering saints fan and my brother follows the dogs so when it hasn’t been against Melbourne I’ve enjoyed watching them do well.

Think most people in here like some oppo teams because their friends/partners/families support them, don’t see an issue with that. My stepdad is a long suffering saints fan and my brother follows the dogs so when it hasn’t been against Melbourne I’ve enjoyed watching them do well.

I can separate the people from the club.

Just because a friend/partner/etc supports <club> doesn't mean I need to develop a soft spot for them. It just means that when our clubs play there will be a bit of banter (how much would vary from person to person).

I can separate the people from the club.

Just because a friend/partner/etc supports <club> doesn't mean I need to develop a soft spot for them. It just means that when our clubs play there will be a bit of banter (how much would vary from person to person).

Fair enough, I used to hate some clubs but aside from the Hawks I'm pretty meh at worst about other teams.

Respecting an opposition on their game style is different from wanting the opposition to do well. When one does that you could question their loyalty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your three favourite opposition teams

Back