Your three favourite opposition teams

What are your Top 3 opposition teams (discuss reasons)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The tanking comment was in jest anyway, but with regards to Terry Wallace's comments that certainly is tanking. What kind of coach wouldn't try things to win the game when it was that close at the end?
He'd probably just figured out that in trying to win he really only reduced our chances

Sydney - loves Plugger, Kelly and Dunkley growing up, always seem to have plenty of very likeable players and you always know they’ll put in. Soft spot for them and will actively support them if the Pies are out.

Richmond - I neither like not hate. Would prefer to see them win than all other comers if Swans and Pies are out.

Third team not applicable. I ****ing hate the rest of you.

Lions - Treated in an appalling fashion by the AFL, as my mob were by the VFL. Their threepeat against Melbourne based teams marked them as the best team to date of this century. Always support them when playing teams other than my mob.

Power - The most successful national team, counting SANFL wins. Generally play an exciting style of footy.

Freo - Like Port they have a traditional basis of support. Their fans enjoy wins over the WC even more than my mob do.

Like: Collingwood, Adelaide, Geelong, Brisbane, GWS

Meh: port, Richmond, st Kilda, suns, Freo, eagles, dogs, Melbourne

Dislike: Carlton, Essendon, north, swans

Lions - Treated in an appalling fashion by the AFL, as my mob were by the VFL. Their threepeat against Melbourne based teams marked them as the best team to date of this century. Always support them when playing teams other than my mob.

Power - The most successful national team, counting SANFL wins. Generally play an exciting style of footy.

Freo - Like Port they have a traditional basis of support. Their fans enjoy wins over the WC even more than my mob do.
Get the feeling you’re no fan of Victorian teams. Neither am I except for the mighty Hawks

Actually don’t really like non-Victorian teams that much come to think of it

Get the feeling you’re no fan of Victorian teams. Neither am I except for the mighty Hawks

Actually don’t really like non-Victorian teams that much come to think of it

hehehehe ... sage on all points

A real litmus test is who one supports in a GF when your team is not participating.

The 2018 GF presented a real challenge. As a Bloods fan, I possess the traditional antipathy to both WC and the Pies. Being an ancient, I have a host of reasons for barracking against the Pies and that finally tipped the balance.

A real litmus test is who one supports in a GF when your team is not participating.

The 2018 GF presented a real challenge. As a Bloods fan, I possess the traditional antipathy to both WC and the Pies. Being an ancient, I have a host of reasons for barracking against the Pies and that finally tipped the balance.
Totally barracked for WC - mainly for the lols

Totally barracked for WC - mainly for the lols

Aye. I also had vested interest for the bottles of Jammies I duly won from sorrowful deluded Pie mates.

Have had bottles of plonk on the line with Pie mates since the 70s whenever their team made the Grannie. 1990 and 2010 were costly but bonus years for my liver and my loathing for the Saints and Bombers has only increased.

I found the 2018 Grand Final easy in terms of who I supported.

- I as a general rule will support the non-Victorian side
- I respect West Coast a lot as a team
- I can't stand Eddie McGuire

I found the 2018 Grand Final easy in terms of who I supported.

- I as a general rule will support the non-Victorian side
- I respect West Coast a lot as a team
- I can't stand Eddie McGuire

Two of your three factors are viable.

Lived in SEQ for about 7 years so naturally I have a soft spot for the Lions and Suns.
Lions are definitely my 2nd team as I have many friends and my grandma who barrack for them and Ive seen my fair share of games at the gabba. Plus its good to see when people in Brisbane are talking about proper footy.

Adelaide I like as I kind of see as West Coast`s SA cousins, a start up club that tries to appeal to fans state wide and wrestle the dominance away from Victoria to another state that truly loves football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that the Dons and the Blues have attracted the least votes.

Maybe the Dons' image still suffers from the drug cheating saga or the long effect of them having Sheedy as their coach.

As for the Blues, the poor result to date suggests the Club does not engender any sympathy for its enduring malaise throughout this century.

Interesting that the Dons and the Blues have attracted the least votes.

Maybe the Dons' image still suffers from the drug cheating saga or the long effect of them having Sheedy as their coach.

As for the Blues, the poor result to date suggests the Club does not engender any sympathy for its enduring malaise throughout this century.
Most people don’t like cheats.

I barracked for India in the cricket this summer. F*** the Aussies

:fire:

Richmond - cos they have a bloody awesome song
North - my ex's team so I watched them a lot and started to love them
Bulldogs - my brother's team

I did support WC in the GF last year and was happy for them to win but generally don't care for them much :p

Most people don’t like cheats.

I barracked for India in the cricket this summer. F*** the Aussies

:fire:

hehehehe. You are spot on. People just don't like cheats.

I watched the Test series largely as a neutral which felt most strange.

Cannot bear India but I cannot abide the Oz cricket team. Smith, Bancroft and Warner should have copped life.

Arguably, Australia should have been banned from international competition for a one to two year period. Instead it and their fans have been punished with the installation of Langer as coach. Langer is the brown nosed little gnome of cricket.

Before he was named coach after a well orchestrated media campaign and against better credentialled rivals (eg Gillespie), he would cheer on the selections of the Marsh kiddies.As coach he kept picking them in Tests v Pakistan and then India.

Better we were banned from international competition for two years than have this clot.... and no I don't care about the cheating of other countries.

People like Sutherland are akin to John Elliot and Little.

According to survey - Essendon, Carlton , Collingwood - least liked and followed by Hawks, Cats

Fans from Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood fans hate each other the most so would vote accordingly

According to survey - Essendon, Carlton , Collingwood - least liked and followed by Hawks, Cats

Fans from Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood fans hate each other the most so would vote accordingly

Still it is noteworthy the Pies did not do as badly as I would have guessed.
and well better than the other two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your three favourite opposition teams

Back