Your three favourite opposition teams

What are your Top 3 opposition teams (discuss reasons)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok so obviously I’m a Port fan but these are my 3 next favourite teams. There is a major gap between my love of Port and my liking of these teams but yeah I’ll just get into it.
Collingwood
Most of my family goes for the pies and I did too when I was younger, despite this I barrack for them to lose so that they can sack Buckley and start afresh. Also I really like Victoria Park.
Brisbane
I have a mate who goes for the Lions and because I don’t really see them as a threat I don’t have much of a reason to hate them. They are my favourite Women’s team and I’ll admit I was a little sad to see them lose the AFLW grand final. I was there and when the ball came into the Brisbane forward line right at the end it so cruel to hear the end siren.
Richmond
I never thought I would like the Tigers but thanks for beating the Crows in the Grand Final :hearts:
Others that I don’t mind
I have a lot of respect for Sydney they’ve been good for as I can remember plus another one of my mates goes for them, my step-family on one side goes for Carlton and on the other side St. Kilda so no hate for them from me. Finally Fremantle are on my good side for now, sucks to see them short on success, plus Port and Freo are pretty much the same as each other except for Port having a lot more history.
A Port fan who's family aren't all Port supporters and names 6 clubs as not disliked. How very 21st century.

Bumping this because it's the offseason , and I'm also curious to see if anyone has changed their mind.
This is what I said earlier
Adelaide - Easily my second favourite team for many reasons (SA equivalent of my team , Pyke , #weflyasone)

Essendon - Woosha . The Sheedy rivalry

Brisbane - liked their early 2000s threepeat team , they’re my favourite Queensland team
and was cheering them on during the first half of today’s game (on the way to the eagles /tigers game)
My top 3 remain the same, but Collingwood have lifted themselves from truly mid-tier to 4th because I have only had positive experiences with their (undoubtedly devastated, but still respectful) fans at our Prelim/GF. If we don't make the GF this year, I hope it ends up being Crows v. Pies.

Brisbane: Their peak years, I was in high school, and was in awe.

Richmond: Half the family supports them so kind of grew up watching a lot of the Toiges.

Bulldogs: Early years in living in Footscray and later in Ascot Vale where there is a strong Bulldogs supporting community and my dad and I would often go to Whitten Oval to watch a game if Melbourne was playing interstate or on another day, and the Doggies were at home. Yes we were a footy-obsessed housebold and we'd go watch games just 'cause.

I respect the Eagles as a club and loved them in the early 90s, and loved Cousins, but the way Eagles supporters carry on at the MCG would have them firmly down most Melburnian's lists.
By "we" I'm pretty sure he meant Essendon , and with tongue firmly in cheek :p

I respect the Eagles as a club and loved them in the early 90s, and loved Cousins, but the way Eagles supporters carry on at the MCG would have them firmly down most Melburnian's lists.

Boncer is an Essendon fan.

1. Sydney - most similar team to Brisbane. They've done exactly what we needed to do in the last 10 years.

2. West Coast - prevented a disaster last September.

3. Fremantle - they annoy me the least of the remaining teams.

Honourable mention: Melbourne - struggled a lot in the last 15 years

I don't care for the other teams at all ,but the Bulldogs,Port and Freo are 3 good working class teams.A better thread would be your 3 most disliked teams, It would mostly be Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton, Geelong and Hawthorn I imagine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brissy, disliked them through their three-peat but that was mainly because of Aker o_O
Freo, would like to see them win a flag, decent supporters too.
Port Adelaide, feel for them having Adelaide as the States darlings. Their supporters are ok too.

Brissy, disliked them through their three-peat but that was mainly because of Aker o_O
Freo, would like to see them win a flag, decent supporters too.
Port Adelaide, feel for them having Adelaide as the States darlings. Their supporters are ok too.
How did you feel when Aker was traded to your mob?

Freo - lived there 3 years and just could not face the thought of supporting the Eagles.
Also, trivially, a port city like my own team.

Brisbane - enjoy watching how they rebuild at the moment. Clever recruitment of coaching professionals.

St Kilda - the association of Richardson to Port Adelaide. Despite rumblings about him, I believe he is a master tactician (in the right setting).

Vintage offseason thread haha.

Favourite Opposition Teams:

1. Richmond (My late Pa and Dad are Tiges fans, so I've got a big soft spot for them).
2. Brisbane Lions (Brother followed the Bears when we were little, very much enjoyed when the Lions won in 01-03. Absolutely ripper era).
3. St Kilda (Nana goes for em. In a similar position to us with an extraordinarily long drought. Was right behind him when they were in the GF a couple times in recent history).

Honourable mentions to:

- Carlton (Mum's team).
- Fremantle (I sympathise/empathise look as though they may become the next team with the longest drought & yes I know they've never had one).
- GWS (Originally and still think they're a dumb idea for a team, however starting to grow to not mind them too much. They certainly have some star players I'd love to pinch off them).
- Western Bulldogs (Would probably be most people's favourite opposition club. Have a few mates who go for them, not to mention I live in the north-western suburbs. Battler club and were in a similar position to us with a massive drought. Also have had some absolute star players over the years).

Dishonourable mentions to:

- Essendon (Been pretty much raised to hate them. Went to all the local schools and have had to put up with so many one-eyed flog fans over the years).
- Collingwood (Another one fan related mostly. Only club where I've been at a game and someone had tried to start a fight with me).
- Gold Coast (Need to hurry up and put them out of their misery. Shambles club).
- North Melbourne (I know this is coming from a Dees fan, but I've honestly never really found them of relevance).
- Hawthorn/Sydney/Geelong (They've had enough glory for a couple years. Looking forward to seeing them have a spell down towards the bottom of the ladder for the years to come).

Remove this Banner Ad

Your three favourite opposition teams

Back