Opinion Your top 3 most-hated clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I should mention I've been to around 550 games and I've been to the pub before and after the game around 400 of those and this is what I've found...

**** head clubs
1 StKilda- never met so many spiteful pricks. You can't have a laugh with this lot at all.
2 Hawthorn- has by far the most arrogent lot of fans in the league. You can't have friendly banter with these guys in the pub, its impossible. Way too many smart asses.
3 West Coast- a fair way behind those top two because you can have a laugh with their supporters in the pub. The reason I put them in there is the WA media has made them all trully believe they are the greatest team in the history of the game, so they try to talk down to you.

From a rival point of view
1 Essendon- good to have some banter with in the pub but on the field its war, we both have 16 flags.
2 Collingwood- a mutal respect, we would be half the clubs without each other. On the gound I hate them.
3 Richmond- Again they are good to have a laugh with in the pub but on the ground there is a lot of strong emotion going on. They do have some spiteful sipporters but StKilda leave them for dead in that department.

Just on what I wrote above, I think clubs are like people. The clubs we have a lot in common with we tend to be really competetive with on the field and friendly off the field. The clubs we have nothing in common with don't like us on the field and even more so off the field.
I suppose people there is also a bit of a culture difference. I live in Northcote and like many fellow Carlton supporters I get around the inner northern suburbs. Rich people from the inner east (Hawthorn supporters) and the people from the Peninsular (Saints) don't really make their way over to our neck of the woods much. So I suppose we come fro different worlds, maybe thats what it is.

Essendon, then whoever is on top of the ladder with lockdown defense (eg. the last ten years StKilda and Sydney up there for boring me more than anything else).

That's a bit concerning if your ambitions and hopes for your club is the above ;)
Footy is about grudges. No season is a success without a flag, so if you're on the way to a spoon with no chance of the premiership, you might as well enjoy what you can get out of it, as these days 17 of 18 teams are destined to do...9 flags in my lifetime says I've been spoiled for choice...

Footy is about grudges. No season is a success without a flag, so if you're on the way to a spoon with no chance of the premiership, you might as well enjoy what you can get out of it, as these days 17 of 18 teams are destined to do...9 flags in my lifetime says I've been spoiled for choice...

yeah good point. A win is great but much more satisfying when its against a club you hate :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton fans telling others they should be more humble? Collingwood fans complaining about other fans always booing? Next we'll have Bummers fans telling rival supporters to stop being so arrogant and acting entitled, before accussing them of being bandwagoners.:eek:

Funny stuff.:thumbsu:

Anyway , my opening paragraph should indicate who I traditionally hate the most. Honourable mentions, not realy hate to Norf - nuisance value side, both of their fans suffer from Napolean complex, who think they're rivals of ours - guess what - we don't ****in' care.

Melbourne - theatregoers not footy fans, also recently tried to manufacture some bullshit "rivalry" with us apparently based on draft picks and them tanking "managing their list" better than us, sung our club song after a loss to us - says it all.- see Norf for what we really think though.

Dogs fans - another little team desperate for a genuine rivalry tried to manufacture one based on Wallace, Brown & the Libba-Knights incident - reality for us is the same as with Norf & the Dees however.

Hawthorn - supporters are often a sad reflection of the modern pysche. Happens with modern success I guess - not that I'd know.:oops:

I guess really though I hate GWS & GC the most now - unlike the other 3 of the "Big 4"- who we need and who fuel our passion, I really wish they'd just disappear from the face of the earth.:thumbsdown:

Actually quite disappointed how few lists we're on though - would've just about topped everyone's many moons ago -sad indictment on how far down the shitter we've slid in the last 3 decades.:(

The order changes so I will mention the clubs

Carlton
Collingwood
Hawthorn

Richmond and North are next by only a little bit
In fact, Richmond will probably leap into the 1st part when the season starts

They used to be my second favourite team just last year. I guess we are too similar. Oh and the fact that their supporters talked so much sh*t during the off season.
Expect our rivalry with them to heat up in the coming years.

North supporters also talk so much as always

Collingwood, Carlton and Hawthorn for obvious reasons.

Unlike some people, I would rather support any interstate side than these 5

I have a lot of hate. I think I might need help. ;)

1. *cough* <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
2. Manchester United
=3. These all get a dishonourable mention for the following reasons;

Essendon. Stole our 'home' final in the 90s. Sheedy, wavey jacket. Oh and Jetta is an eff-wit.
North. Just a pathetic beggar club. B.Scott, no.1 whinger in the AFL.
Sydney. Excremental style of football. AFL favouritism.
Port. Mainly the head-to-head record...oops, nearly forgot, Chad Cornes.
Collingwood. Well they have to be in this list. And the insufferably holier-than-thou H.O'Brien.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back