Traded Zac Fisher [traded with #17 to North for #21 and #25]

Remove this Banner Ad

I wanted him at Geelong before he signed last year, think he needs to be in a good side to show his worth.

I would be surprised if the Cats went for him, they seem pretty set for half forwards and have a need for out and out mids, not those who will make up the rotation.

No doubt you’d turn him into a handy player though.

I think he wants to stay in Melbourne, despite his woes at Carlton he is a massive part of the culture and loved by everyone, best mates with Cripps and is set up in Vic. I would love for him to hang around.

This is Setterfield all over again, and classic Carlton.

A player who is proven AFL quality but doesn’t fit our list build and will be given away for peanuts.

Has his faults (tackling, physicality, defensive effort) but his skills and agility are proven. Will be in another team’s best 18 next year and lauded as a ‘steal’ of the trade period at Carlton’s expense.

This is Setterfield all over again, and classic Carlton.

A player who is proven AFL quality but doesn’t fit our list build and will be given away for peanuts.

Has his faults (tackling, physicality, defensive effort) but his skills and agility are proven. Will be in another team’s best 18 next year and lauded as a ‘steal’ of the trade period at Carlton’s expense.
What would his best position in your opinion?

HB, or wing, seems a natural fit to me as an outsider looking in.

What would his best position in your opinion?

HB, or wing, seems a natural fit to me as an outsider looking in.

I don’t think he has the endurance to play a full game on the wing or the natural defensive instincts to suit that position. What we do know is that he’s not a half forward/small forward. He was shoehorned into that position with us largely due to our stacked midfield and us still wanting to fit his talent into our team somehow.

I’d been wanting us to try him off half-back for ages but alas we never did. I think that’s the way to play him. Allow his slicing and somewhat unpredictable run off half-back (he breaks through lines quite well by changing angles) to impact games and also give him bursts through the midfield.

Depends on his salary. If it's quite high and we need the space, I think yes. Whereas if it doesn't affect our cap too badly, we may hold out for a bit more especially if there are multiple teams interested in getting him.
This was Jon Ralph last month:

Carlton would be open to brokering a deal and with Fisher’s deal believed to be worth between $400,000-$500,000 a season it would actually open up cap space for the Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on his salary. If it's quite high and we need the space, I think yes. Whereas if it doesn't affect our cap too badly, we may hold out for a bit more especially if there are multiple teams interested in getting him.
Does our pick 53 get it done?
Or north’s F3, which would be somewhere in the 40s. If there are a few clubs interested, then that drives up his price a little.

I think today might just make a bit of a difference as far as Fish goes. First game he’s ever played off half back, had 32, his use was amazing and went much harder than I think he ever has. If he can keep it up, we’ll be keeping him on his 2 year to go contract I think.

I think today might just make a bit of a difference as far as Fish goes. First game he’s ever played off half back, had 32, his use was amazing and went much harder than I think he ever has. If he can keep it up, we’ll be keeping him on his 2 year to go contract I think.
Still soft as butter and wouldn't back him in to perform in a finals game but he can certainly play. Would be a good get for a few teams

Still soft as butter and wouldn't back him in to perform in a finals game but he can certainly play. Would be a good get for a few teams
Played like he wanted to be in the 22 today and was instrumental when we got our shit together. I’d say we can’t drop him after today but with Boyd coming back it’s a conundrum. Still think we can fit both in and that he will at the very least drive his trade value up.

Played like he wanted to be in the 22 today and was instrumental when we got our s**t together. I’d say we can’t drop him after today but with Boyd coming back it’s a conundrum. Still think we can fit both in and that he will at the very least drive his trade value up.
Reckon he played really well, second quarter apart but Boyd is a better defender and saints didn't really make Zac accountable.

Credit to him, I'd written him off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back