Traded Zac Fisher [traded with #17 to North for #21 and #25]

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon he played really well, second quarter apart but Boyd is a better defender and saints didn't really make Zac accountable.

Credit to him, I'd written him off.
No doubt Boyd is a much better defender and he is possibly the best kick we have over a long distance, to my mind he comes straight back in.

But what Fish did today was a point of difference and his ability to twist and turn and deliver incisive little kicks to open up the play repeatedly was really impressive.

Perhaps unluckily for him, I think the resurgence has been built on the rock solid platform our backline has provided and the selection panel might see having him there as a bit of a luxury. Regardless I think today showed he’s got plenty to offer.

I’d been wanting us to try him off half-back for ages but alas we never did. I think that’s the way to play him. Allow his slicing and somewhat unpredictable run off half-back (he breaks through lines quite well by changing angles) to impact games and also give him bursts through the midfield.

Everyone's sleeping on you my friend.

Like alot of the Carlton boys has found a spot. Had him gone for all money this offseason but now I think he stays.
Still not best 22 imo, he'd be best off going elsewhere we he's guaranteed games and a good role.

Happy he's had a few good games on return though, the talk that he wasn't AFL standard was downplaying his many good years as a decent role player for us up forward. We just have other needs for our list imo so the $$ he's on would be better spent elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Dockers do lose Liam Henry then he could be a ready made, ( hopefully cheaper) replacement. Seem to be very similar style players from my limited view of Carlton games

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know North have offered Dylan Stephens and Ralphsmith deals to come across, but we’ve also inquired about Zac. A bit to play out, especially given his recent form.

I know North have offered Dylan Stephens and Ralphsmith deals to come across, but we’ve also inquired about Zac. A bit to play out, especially given his recent form.

North always signing the big names. Zac's under contract so we won't be letting him go for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have publicly stated have no interest, thank god.
So the bloke has played two games at half back ever. Has shown a fair bit with 32 & 24 touches against good teams. Is a beautiful kick and can slice through zones. Might be interesting to see what he can do in his new spot.

Person who supports West Coast is delighted that his team has no interest as it would seem that he is comfortable not to upgrade their list.

Personally I'd be more than happy to keep Fish for the last year of his contract but we have a lot of good half backs (Newman, Saad, Doc, Boyd, Cincotta) with Williams to come back next year and Cowan looks like he'll be a ripper learning his craft in the twos. So if he gets a better opportunity elsewhere you wish him the best and help facilitate a move.

Seems like a really low risk cheap pick up that could pay dividends. Except for the Eagles of course because they are going so well that Royal Eagle can thank God that his team has no interest.

Would look good running alongside Petrovski-Seton.. especially if your objective is to get Pick #1 again.
He is not what WCE need at all, our focus will be to draft new talent in.
Not trade away draft pick for a player that doesn't fit list profile need.
If he was Tyler Brockman then yes he would fit a list need

He is not what WCE need at all, our focus will be to draft new talent in.
Not trade away draft pick for a player that doesn't fit list profile need.
If he was Tyler Brockman then yes he would fit a list need
Apparently Fisher wants to stay in Melbourne if he leaves Carlton according to an ITK on our board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back