Traded Zac Fisher [traded with #17 to North for #21 and #25]

Remove this Banner Ad

I know North have offered Dylan Stephens and Ralphsmith deals to come across, but we’ve also inquired about Zac. A bit to play out, especially given his recent form.
HRS would be an upgrade on Goater for North, but I hope we keep him. Projects as a hard running winger that kicks well when not under pressure of the contest.

Was probably gone a month ago, still might be. However the club might look to keep him on after averaging 28 touches a game in a new role at half back in the last three weeks. Good option for a club looking for a distributor off half back with a laser leg a bit like Daniel Rich. Would prefer we kept but would be looking for more than pick 54 (contracted) if he left.

Interesting player, he has ability & can create play but has a questionable appetite for the contest.
We need f50 defensive pressure so he probably doesn't get a look in there & he's behind a few for a role off a hbf where we have depth.
It could really go either way. If the penny drops he can be a quality senior player, if not, he'll probably continue to frustrate.
He's apparently always wanted a midfield role so I suspect if someone offers him one, he'll move on, where a deal could prove to be mutually beneficial.

Interesting player, he has ability & can create play but has a questionable appetite for the contest.
We need f50 defensive pressure so he probably doesn't get a look in there & he's behind a few for a role off a hbf where we have depth.
It could really go either way. If the penny drops he can be a quality senior player, if not, he'll probably continue to frustrate.
He's apparently always wanted a midfield role so I suspect if someone offers him one, he'll move on, where a deal could prove to be mutually beneficial.

Late 2nd/Early 3rd round pick works for me.

We do want to clear some cap space as well.

He might be a good fit for the Bulldogs

Was probably gone a month ago, still might be. However the club might look to keep him on after averaging 28 touches a game in a new role at half back in the last three weeks. Good option for a club looking for a distributor off half back with a laser leg a bit like Daniel Rich. Would prefer we kept but would be looking for more than pick 54 (contracted) if he left.
When Carlton are playing well so is Fischer, only be any good in a good side, would be crap at North.

He’s played himself into a spot where we’d keep him if the offer isn’t good enough. Though I think the way he is playing is only working so well because the harder blokes in defence are covering his deficiencies and giving him a license to create.

Won’t be massive but I imagine we’d be looking for a pick that projects 35-40 in next years draft or something we can flip into that given we’ll probably be drafting both Camporeale boys.

Zac Fisher could sign a deal of up to five seasons at North Melbourne as the Blues prepare to haggle on an upcoming trade.
Fisher has been in slashing form after being recast as a Blues defender in the past three weeks and still has two seasons on his current contract on a good deal of between $400,000-$500,000.
It means the Roos would have to offer him a long-term deal to twist his arm to move given he will be leaving for opportunities but not on-field success.

So the Blues will be prepared to trade him for a mid-draft pick given Zac Williams will return from an ACL tear and take up that half back position next year.
North Melbourne doesn’t have its own second-round pick but has Adelaide’s second-rounder.
They might offer a third-rounder for Fisher as an ambit claim given their belief is the Blues are happy for him to leave, before the haggling begins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 years seems a tad excessive, but we obviously have a key role in mind for him off HB. Bumps up his price a tad now too.

One of your 2nd round picks (maybe the Crows one) is what we will be asking for, given he is still contracted and you are very keen on him.

Assuming he agrees to join North.

Value would be between that F3 (early 40s) and that crows pick. Awkward for us as Stephens/Melican looks very likely too and their combined value would be similar.

Well at any rate, it's good to see your club having a crack at getting players from other clubs to your club, Carlton have had really good luck in recent years from Swans hand me down players that Horse didn't rate (Newman and Hewett:) )

One of your 2nd round picks (maybe the Crows one) is what we will be asking for, given he is still contracted and you are very keen on him.

Assuming he agrees to join North.
Just triple checked, we don't have the Crows second rounder. Not sure how an article stuffs that up.

Just triple checked, we don't have the Crows second rounder. Not sure how an article stuffs that up.

Lol it's the HUN, facts really don't come into it over there :)

I'd suggest the Blues would be looking for a future round pick. Will need to stockpile points for next year when we finally get a chance to get a good father/son pick.

Although knowing the AFL I'm sure they will change the rules just in time for us to miss the boat.

I'd suggest the Blues would be looking for a future round pick. Will need to stockpile points for next year when we finally get a chance to get a good father/son pick.

Although knowing the AFL I'm sure they will change the rules just in time for us to miss the boat.
Well we have the best future seconds and thirds in the business, so I'm sure whatever the end deal is both parties will end up happy.

Little doubt in my mind that the best outcome for Carlton (given North’s lack of a current second rounder) would be to get a decent future second, enabling us to trade F1 in to this year is if a suitor could be found.

Little doubt in my mind that the best outcome for Carlton (given North’s lack of a current second rounder) would be to get a decent future second, enabling us to trade F1 in to this year is if a suitor could be found.
Given that it seems likely we’ll be getting both Camporeale boys next year and they’re both rated 20-30 I think we are probably going to be trying to load up projected late r2/early r3 future picks for points. Will be interesting if we do trade the F1 into this year.

Given that it seems likely we’ll be getting both Camporeale boys next year and they’re both rated 20-30 I think we are probably going to be trying to load up projected late r2/early r3 future picks for points. Will be interesting if we do trade the F1 into this year.
I am not a fan of wishing players off our list, but, creatively thinking, I actually wonder what North might offer for a combination of Fisher, Lewis Young (key defender to offset Ben McKay FA) and perhaps Paddy Dow who’s grandfather was a North old boy?

Our three are definitely AFL quality players despite falling out of favour for various reasons. While they are all spectacular depth to our incumbent best 22, this poster has an eye on generation next over stockpiling depth. Would be ecstatic if we could find a way to draft Curtin or O’Sullivan this year.

I am not a fan of wishing players off our list, but, creatively thinking, I actually wonder what North might offer for a combination of Fisher, Lewis Young (key defender to offset Ben McKay FA) and perhaps Paddy Dow who’s grandfather was a North old boy?

Our three are definitely AFL quality players despite falling out of favour for various reasons. While they are all spectacular depth to our incumbent best 22, this poster has an eye on generation next over stockpiling depth. Would be ecstatic if we could find a way to draft Curtin or O’Sullivan this year.
Its a very kind offer, but you wouldn't get pick 2 for Curtin unless you attached Curnow.

Its a very kind offer, but you wouldn't get pick 2 for Curtin unless you attached Curnow.
After Clarko’s rant including not having. 6’6” mature replacement for McKay, a ready to go 200cm key defender might be attractive. The whinging about the Suns having three first rounders was pathetic. Rankine didn’t move for peanuts.

Are you suggesting West Coast is taking Curtin at #2? Will be surprised if you are getting it. Seems to be accepted you have a better chance of getting Sanders than many of us thought though.

Traded Zac Fisher [traded with #17 to North for #21 and #25]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back