Traded Zac Fisher [traded with #17 to North for #21 and #25]

Remove this Banner Ad

Ultimately, if North don’t satisfy Carlton Fisher does not play for North in 2024.

You have changed your argument, what you are now stating is obvious, but different to what you initially claimed.

Not tough talk. Just how it will go.
Yeah, and ultimately if Carlton ask for too much he'll stay at Carlton (or go elsewhere). I haven't changed my argument, I've always been stating the obvious. You just keep trying to portray this as some one-sided negotiation - when it clearly isn't. Both teams would like this trade to happen, but neither are desperate for it too either. I expect it to happen at a reasonable cost and without any chest-beating.

The contract status makes it interesting, personally, given this is so widely acknowledged and he's contracted for 2 years still, if not a salary dump, it reads like a "happy for you to go" type thing. Uncontracted he'd be worth a pick in the 40s at best IMO so I think that's what gets it done.

I know North are encouraged to trade those future picks but they arent getting out of bottom 4 next year with their list profile and not having a KPD. Trading one of those future picks for him would make me pretty salty about what we are getting for Logue by draft night

The contract status makes it interesting, personally, given this is so widely acknowledged and he's contracted for 2 years still, if not a salary dump, it reads like a "happy for you to go" type thing. Uncontracted he'd be worth a pick in the 40s at best IMO so I think that's what gets it done.

I know North are encouraged to trade those future picks but they arent getting out of bottom 4 next year with their list profile and not having a KPD. Trading one of those future picks for him would make me pretty salty about what we are getting for Logue by draft night
That's sort of how I see it tbh.
He seems to be leaving for opportunity, so I can't see Carlton being too difficult to deal with.
I'd imagine we'd want a second, North would likely rather give up a third.
It should get done without too much hassle, you'd imagine.

Keep him then. I think Carlton will be keen to get some money off the books.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We've resigned all our important players. Walsh, Charlie, Harry, Cerra, Cripps, TDK, Hewett, Saad, Weitering, Docherty. Plus lesser players like Kemp, McGovern, Pitt, Williams, Hollands, Acres and so forth all signed up.

We have no big names out of contract next year except Martin and a bunch of foot soldiers out of contract who can be moved on to open cap space.

Why are we desperate to get his contract off our books? We still have young players coming through, our stars resigned and just made a preliminary final

Plus adding Elijah Hollands to the list.

First time in a long time our list management looks sound.

I know North are encouraged to trade those future picks but they arent getting out of bottom 4 next year with their list profile and not having a KPD.
Probably one for the NM thread rather than this one, but I expect we'll go for a ready-to-go bridging type (eg. Nick Haynes, Ethan Phillips) and a long-term option (eg. Curtin, O'Sullivan or Murphy). The value of those future picks is too much for the former, and too little for the latter. Maybe if GC were prepared to do a twofer on Caleb Graham and Mabior Chol pick 19 would be around the mark?

Pick 40 and a F3 will likely be offered for Fisher and Dylan Stephens. I highly doubt any PP's are used unless there is something else coming back to North.

Something creative which may appeal to both clubs would be Pick 14 and Pick 40 for Pick 16 and Fisher.

This trade will be politely negotiated, like most are. It won't be Carlton setting a price and demanding North meet it or you keep him, as was implied.

Oh yes it will ...... he's a contracted player, we don't have to trade him if we don't get a decent return for him.

FMD ............. what line of work are you in ??

This move has been in the pipeline for some time. I'd be shocked if North hadn't spoken with Carlton prior to receiving PP's to find out what they would want for Fisher. This is not a last minute trade request scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 40 and a F3 will likely be offered for Fisher and Dylan Stephens. I highly doubt any PP's are used unless there is something else coming back to North.

Something creative which may appeal to both clubs would be Pick 14 and Pick 40 for Pick 16 and Fisher.

FBZDgioWYAAMNo6.jpg

This move has been in the pipeline for some time. I'd be shocked if North hadn't spoken with Carlton prior to receiving PP's to find out what they would want for Fisher. This is not a last minute trade request scenario.
Surely Stephens and Fisher get done with our 2 3rd rounders, or our future third.

Surely Stephens and Fisher get done with our 2 3rd rounders, or our future third.
I think that is where the offer will be. It may already be agreed. Both Carlton and North will likely be busy with more important trades and will likely look to get this and the Stephens deal out the way early doors. We deal in good faith and have completed multiple trades with Brian Cook in the past.

We've resigned all our important players. Walsh, Charlie, Harry, Cerra, Cripps, TDK, Hewett, Saad, Weitering, Docherty. Plus lesser players like Kemp, McGovern, Pitt, Williams, Hollands, Acres and so forth all signed up.

We have no big names out of contract next year except Martin and a bunch of foot soldiers out of contract who can be moved on to open cap space.

Why are we desperate to get his contract off our books? We still have young players coming through, our stars resigned and just made a preliminary final

Plus adding Elijah Hollands to the list.

First time in a long time our list management looks sound.

Collingwood had everyone signed as well and then lost Treloar, Stephenson, Phillips and Brodie over a couple of years. Carlton smells of sign them up and worry about it later. Luckily for Collingwood, they draft well, develop well and have good depth.

Collingwood had everyone signed as well and then lost Treloar, Stephenson, Phillips and Brodie over a couple of years. Carlton smells of sign them up and worry about it later. Luckily for Collingwood, they draft well, develop well and have good depth.

Oh please. Nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

Every year we keep hearing players contracted are worth more than current market, especially when long term or extra dollars are offered elsewhere. Cannot see why such a prerequisite should change this year. North should be handing over the compensation pick for Fisher and nothing less, especially is such a shallow draft year. Anything less and Carlton’s list team have failed.

No doubt. But I also think there's a decent chance North will have factored all sorts of potential assistance from the league into trade discussions.

I'd be surprised if they hadn't already spoken with clubs about trades involving these picks, before they were given access to them.

As much as some from club land have said that the compensation given to North is too much, I don't believe that it will have been a complete shock to anyone.

Assume this only really gets done if Carlton want him off their books/happy to move on from him.

No club in their right mind is paying a second rounder for Zac Fisher.

No doubt. But I also think there's a decent chance North will have factored all sorts of potential assistance from the league into trade discussions.

I'd be surprised if they hadn't already spoken with clubs about trades involving these picks, before they were given access to them.

As much as some from club land have said that the compensation given to North is too much, I don't believe that it will have been a complete shock to anyone.
That is possible but what North have been provided with was very different from what we requested. Further, our contact with Fisher, and I'd have thought with Carlton, came long before we applied for assistance.

This is the AFL so all sorts of shenanigans and backroom dealings are possible. If North told the AFL that we needed Pick 19 and a end of round F1 to trade for Zac Fisher and Dylan Stephens, the AFL should have demanded Brady Rawlings resignation.

There is a real sweet spot in this draft from picks 10-18 for North to address several glaring list holes and I'm hoping that North are using the futures and Pick 19 to trade up into this range. We should be looking to pick up a few KPP's and a ruck prospect.

The AFL asked North to be creative with their request for assistance. From what I hear they were but the AFL gave a pretty vanilla assistance package.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Zac Fisher [traded with #17 to North for #21 and #25]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back