Traded Zac Fisher [traded with #17 to North for #21 and #25]

Remove this Banner Ad

Media suggesting a potential five year deal and trade for a second rounder to get to North.

Good grief.

Forget the priority pick north fans.
Get the control out of the hands of the guy who ponied up pick 19 for CCJ.

Absolute madness.

I've always loved little Fish but if he has been offered a 5 year contract and we might be able to get a future 2nd, it's a done deal.

Frees up $400 - $500k of cap space, lands us an extra pick for the 2 father sons next year and gives an opportunity for a career for a player who will unlikely be best 22 next year.

We have a surplus of half backs and can afford to lose him. His form since moving to half back has actually given us some leverage, plus his contracted status.

Can the afl give north an early second that they have to trade for a player as their Special Assistance Package? We'll give you Lewis Young as well if you take his contract

Fisher can go wherever he likes and the sooner the better.

If an opposition club wants to offer him a 5-year deal then he should jump at it because he won't be given anything remotely close to that at Princes Park.

The Blues may get a decent compo pick in return too.

He spent 3/4 of the year in the bloody 2s and on top of that Carlton were missing Zac Williams who is clearly going to be picked over Fisher!

We only needed to offer him a best 22 spot - no ****ing 5 year deal.

I truly hope the AFL takes away any draft assistance package if we pony up a future 2nd & 5 year contract for Fisher. Taking the piss. He’s tidy and that’s it - he should be a standard 2 years at a time player, if his form drops off at any time he’s not good enough.

Ffs

He spent 3/4 of the year in the bloody 2s and on top of that Carlton were missing Zac Williams who is clearly going to be picked over Fisher!

We only needed to offer him a best 22 spot - no ******* 5 year deal.

I truly hope the AFL takes away any draft assistance package if we pony up a future 2nd & 5 year contract for Fisher. Taking the piss. He’s tidy and that’s it - he should be a standard 2 years at a time player, if his form drops off at any time he’s not good enough.

Ffs
North doing north things.

We only needed to offer him a best 22 spot - no ******* 5 year deal.

Ffs
We'll take one of those end of first round picks now. It's funny because we all know it'll happen.

It’s not Fisher”s fault (or Dow’s) we have a full collection of midfielders and they cannot play them within their best positions.

Clarkson isn’t stupid and you can always use run and break away speed at stoppages.

Let’s hope we don’t just give him or Dow away for little return.

Pa. Some of the disrespect shown by our supporters towards our players really annoys me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Future 3rd round pick. Probably end up around pick 40. We have offered him a lengthy deal, but it’s not big money. Carlton can put it towards their points for next year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Carlton are happy to free up his next 2 years off their cap and let him go for not much.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

$450k x 4 according to Ralph.

The average wage in the new CBA is $518k

What’s an average draft pick, 40ish? About right for a player the Carlton board has wanted to punt for 18 months.

You are making things up. He had a breakout year in 2022. No one wants to punt him.

His form was frustrating early this year but he is AFL quality, showed that in the second half of the season.

In a year where only 50-55 picks will be taken, an average pick would be 25-30.

Future 3rd round pick. Probably end up around pick 40. We have offered him a lengthy deal, but it’s not big money. Carlton can put it towards their points for next year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Carlton are happy to free up his next 2 years off their cap and let him go for not much.

If the rumour of E Hollands to Carlton has any legs, I could see some complicated 3 way trade with NM, Carlton and GCS that'll take us a year to unravel - which would see Fish get to NM, Hollands to Carlton, GCS pick 4 to NM, and a shitload of picks flying all over the joint.

If the rumour of E Hollands to Carlton has any legs, I could see some complicated 3 way trade with NM, Carlton and GCS that'll take us a year to unravel - which would see Fish get to NM, Hollands to Carlton, GCS pick 4 to NM, and a shitload of picks flying all over the joint.
I don't see it being like that.

I believe a package deal involving Fisher, potentially another player and/or a draft pick will go to North for one of the Compo picks or a future second or a second they gain through trades this year.

Carlton needs to gain at least a second rounder either this year or next year to enable more flexibility to trade their current draft capital.

Also the idea that Fisher is a player Carlton have wanted to punt for over 18 months is ridiculous. We extended him until the end of 2025 last July when he still had over a year left on his contract.

I don't see it being like that.

I believe a package deal involving Fisher, potentially another player and/or a draft pick will go to North for one of the Compo picks or a future second or a second they gain through trades this year.

Carlton needs to gain at least a second rounder either this year or next year to enable more flexibility to trade their current draft capital.

Also the idea that Fisher is a player Carlton have wanted to punt for over 18 months is ridiculous. We extended him until the end of 2025 last July when he still had over a year left on his contract.

People on here will make extreme comments as if it is going to effect what is actually going on.

Carlton will do what is best for them as Fisher is contracted for another two years. I suspect that will involve one of those handouts or a future 2nd as you say.

Oh right, so you weren’t bagging North for going after a Carlton player who wasn’t in your best 22. You sad little man.

As good as Carlton’s fringe players are, they aren’t good enough to cover all the senior talent North is willingly losing this off season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Zac Fisher [traded with #17 to North for #21 and #25]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back