Traded Zac Fisher [traded with #17 to North for #21 and #25]

Remove this Banner Ad

Future 3rd round pick. Probably end up around pick 40. We have offered him a lengthy deal, but it’s not big money. Carlton can put it towards their points for next year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Carlton are happy to free up his next 2 years off their cap and let him go for not much.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’m pretty sure that’s what it is to free up cap space.. obviously he’s form was better when he come back into the side. Hopefully it’s a pick to help get Hollands or to help for father sons next year

I don't see it being like that.

I believe a package deal involving Fisher, potentially another player and/or a draft pick will go to North for one of the Compo picks or a future second or a second they gain through trades this year.

Carlton needs to gain at least a second rounder either this year or next year to enable more flexibility to trade their current draft capital.

Also the idea that Fisher is a player Carlton have wanted to punt for over 18 months is ridiculous. We extended him until the end of 2025 last July when he still had over a year left on his contract.
any ideas who else is in the frame for this?

It’s a second round pick. Easy.

North have capacity to trade it given all of the concessions, and Carlton will need it to replace Fisher with GCS Hollands.

North have capacity to trade it given all of the concessions, and Carlton will need it to replace Fisher with GCS Hollands.
If we are using one of those picks on Fisher we would want something significant chucked in. It is more likely that we offer an F3 or two - for you to use on the twins next year. The only way I see the assistance picks being used is if we can't find anything else to do with them.

Fishers value isn’t determined by what picks we have. North also don’t care that you need a replacement.

if we want to keep him we can do just that. 2 years left on his deal. Unless we really need the cap space to bring someone else in then why would we give him away for peanuts.

How is that 'tough talking'?

Given his contract status, isn't it obvious that his current club sets his value?

Everybody can go back and forth for the next 3 weeks, but at the end of the day he's contracted so you hold some power and you lose some by wanting him off your books.

If you get anything inside 35 I'd be very surprised.

This trade will be politely negotiated, like most are. It won't be Carlton setting a price and demanding North meet it or you keep him, as was implied.

What? That is exactly what will happen. He is contracted so the trade will be on Carlton’s terms. If North don’t meet those terms he remains at Carlton. There is no draft to walk to. He won’t be delisted.

North are banking on that price being lower due because they think we need to shed his salary. Time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What? That is exactly what will happen. He is contracted so the trade will be on Carlton’s terms. If North don’t meet those terms he remains at Carlton. There is no draft to walk to. He won’t be delisted.

North are banking on that price being lower due because they think we need to shed his salary. Time will tell.
That isn't really how things work at all. The two teams will try and negotiate a trade. Carlton will have a minimum price they are prepared to lose him for. North will have a maximum price that they are prepared to pay for him. If those figures overlap, a trade will get done. If they don't, it won't.

This trade will be politely negotiated, like most are. It won't be Carlton setting a price and demanding North meet it or you keep him, as was implied.

This couldn't be more straightforward. Carlton holds all the cards in this one.

Carlton will set the price here, as is their right given Fisher is contracted through to the end of 2025.

North will either meet that valuation or try to negotiate it down towards something they're more comfortable with, at which point we refer back to my second sentence.

This couldn't be more straightforward. Carlton holds all the cards in this one.

Carlton will set the price here, as is their right given Fisher is contracted through to the end of 2025.

North will either meet that valuation or try to negotiate it down towards something they're more comfortable with, at which point we refer back to my second sentence.
This is a bog standard trade negotiation. Refer to my post above yours about how they work. There are no cards or hand. Neither team will care that much over whether a trade happens or not. Only Fisher will.

This is a bog standard trade negotiation. Refer to my post above yours about how they work. There are no cards or hand. Neither team will care that much over whether a trade happens or not. Only Fisher will.
teams that approach contracted players and make them an offer obviously care about getting the deal done. otherwise why would they even be approaching the player

this is before even considering the fact that committing to getting a player and having them make a trade request that you then fail to fulfill reflects poorly on the club and can damage the possibility of attracting contracted players in the future

teams that approach contracted players and make them an offer obviously care about getting the deal done. otherwise why would they even be approaching the player

this is before even considering the fact that committing to getting a player and having them make a trade request that you then fail to fulfill reflects poorly on the club and can damage the possibility of attracting contracted players in the future
I imagine we will be very reasonable in our negotiations, we always are. I assume Carlton will be too.

Of course we want a deal done, but there will obviously be a maximum amount we are prepared to pay, if Carlton want more then a trade won't happen. Same thing if we don't offer enough.

There are no cards or hand.
Sure there is. Given Fisher is contracted the decision as to whether or not he moves clubs at the end of this season is solely that of the Carlton Football Club.

Neither team will care that much over whether a trade happens or not. Only Fisher will.
Well that's not true.

North will definitely care; if there are discussions about Fisher clearly they want the player and have committed to him.

Carlton will care to a degree as well of course. They'd care more if they were desperate to move the player on but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Sure there is. Given Fisher is contracted the decision as to whether or not he moves clubs at the end of this season is solely that of the Carlton Football Club.

Well that's not true.

North will definitely care; if there are discussions about Fisher clearly they want the player and have committed to him.

Carlton will care to a degree as well of course. They'd care more if they were desperate to move the player on but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Yeah. I'll leave it there. This isn't one of those Adelaide/Carlton death matches. I think you are just bored and trying to create an argument over nothing.

Fishers value isn’t determined by what picks we have. North also don’t care that you need a replacement.

Value is determined by all of the circumstances of both parties that can inform a negotiation. An agreement also involves compromise. A second more or less is the mark all things considered.

Good on you for pointing out on the internet that North would like a better deal though, I’m sure Carlton would like a better deal too.

Keep him then. I think Carlton will be keen to get some money off the books.

Keen yes. Desperate no.

Yeah. I'll leave it there. This isn't one of those Adelaide/Carlton death matches. I think you are just bored and trying to create an argument over nothing.

Hello and welcome to a discussion forum, where we discuss things and don't always have to agree with one another.

Haven't compared the situation to any previous negotiation between Adelaide and Carlton, but I am not sure why you think it's so unreasonable to suggest the club that holds the contracted asset has the power to dictate the outcome more than any other party.

That isn't really how things work at all. The two teams will try and negotiate a trade. Carlton will have a minimum price they are prepared to lose him for. North will have a maximum price that they are prepared to pay for him. If those figures overlap, a trade will get done. If they don't, it won't.

Ultimately, if North don’t satisfy Carlton Fisher does not play for North in 2024.

You have changed your argument, what you are now stating is obvious, but different to what you initially claimed.

Not tough talk. Just how it will go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Zac Fisher [traded with #17 to North for #21 and #25]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back