Traded Zach Tuohy [traded to Geelong with 2017 2nd rd pk for Smedts, 2017 1st rd pk and pick 63]

Remove this Banner Ad

I really think we'll move one of Caddy or Motlop and try to use that to get Deledio and Touhy. Not sure of the details but I imagine it's going to be some sort of complicated three way trade. We don't have the draft capital to give you what you need and unfortunately aren't in a position to trade future picks. I think Caddy and Touhy are similar valued but not sure where/if Caddy wants to leave.

If Gibbs leaves I would be interested in Caddy with exchange of picks.

The Tuohy trade will be done late I think depending how quickly the Gibbs trade will get done. This one will be done next week.

Carlton player with no contract doesn't want to play with carlton and has nominated a team. Geelong havnt chased him. He chased us. Take the scraps or let him walk to the draft. We will probably get him there anyway.
Sound plausible.

'To be honest Zach we hadn't even considered you, we have no assets to trade for you, but how does $2m over four years sound?'.

Last edited:

then why are the cats chasing tuohy and lids if you don't have the currency to get the deal done. why waste both players time.

Both nominated us as a destination. We didn't initiate conversations. See Wells interviews from yesterday.

Last year PFD and Hendo did the same with months of visibility and time for us to prepare adequate resources and plans of action.

In this case, both Lids and 2e have approached us late in the piece with little to no lead up time.

Subsequently - we cant give you what we don't have - particularly at the valuation levels both RFC and CFC are seeking.

So it wont get done.

2e is OOC so that makes CFC leverage lesser in that deal and if they want something, they'll negotiate down. Lids is contracted and will go back to RFC all pissed off and leave a year later as a RFA.

Either way, they approached us.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton player with no contract doesn't want to play with carlton and has nominated a team. Geelong havnt chased him. He chased us. Take the scraps or let him walk to the draft. We will probably get him there anyway.

Zach wanted to stay at Carlton but Geelong offered more coin. His manager has been speaking to Geelong since before the finals. This isn't a case of a disillusioned player saying 'please take me' and Geelong out of the goodness of their hearts try to find him a spot. They offered him a longer contract for more money so they actually want him. If they know they don't have currency to trade for him, let him know it is unlikely.

Blues fans: I think Cocky or Lang is overs for Touhy and would expect that only Lang would be trade-able, do you think Touhy plus your third rounder for Lang is in the realm of fair for your club?

No i don't.

Tuohy will be in your starting 18 every week(more or less) for the next 4 years. He hasn't missed a game in something like 5 years.

Lang is an in and out player for you guys, but will get a game for us and has a "chance" to improve as a player. His appeal to us is he is younger and a mid/fwd.

I think a swap is pretty bang on for both clubs.

Blues fans: I think Cocky or Lang is overs for Touhy and would expect that only Lang would be trade-able, do you think Touhy plus your third rounder for Lang is in the realm of fair for your club?
I think...

Touhy and our 3rd for Cocky
or
Lang and your 3rd for Touhy.

I think...

Touhy and our 3rd for Cocky
or
Lang and your 3rd for Touhy.

Touhy for Cocky straight swap. Touhy is a proven, reliable footballer who will be expected to be in AA conversation over the next 4 years.

Cocky is a promising younger player who has much improvement to get to Tuohy's level but much improvement in him.

Do not want Lang at all, with or without a 3rd round pick. His disclosed form is that he is not in best 22 of a top 4 side. 13 games at AFL in 2016, most not at the pointy end of the season.

Touhy for Cocky straight swap. Touhy is a proven, reliable footballer who will be expected to be in AA conversation over the next 4 years.

Cocky is a promising younger player who has much improvement to get to Tuohy's level but much improvement in him.

Do not want Lang at all, with or without a 3rd round pick. His disclosed form is that he is not in best 22 of a top 4 side. 13 games at AFL in 2016, most not at the pointy end of the season.
lel

Lol. You aren't getting either so wipe the brow.

Cockatoo's potential is immense, he's a 10 year player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Zach Tuohy [traded to Geelong with 2017 2nd rd pk for Smedts, 2017 1st rd pk and pick 63]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back