Traded Zach Tuohy [traded to Geelong with 2017 2nd rd pk for Smedts, 2017 1st rd pk and pick 63]

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be Lang according to a pretty reliable Carlton board source.
I really liked Lang when I used to watch him as a junior. Had a good year for the cats last year. I'd take that deal and run. Guess he may find it hard in the short term to get a game in the Cats midfield?

I really liked Lang when I used to watch him as a junior. Had a good year for the cats last year. I'd take that deal and run. Guess he may find it hard in the short term to get a game in the Cats midfield?
Would prefer Caddy given the likely state of our midfield, but Lang not the worst outcome.

Will be Lang according to a pretty reliable Carlton board source.
Good young player. I hope your source is accurate with his info.

Would prefer Caddy given the likely state of our midfield, but Lang not the worst outcome.

Not sure I agree with this.

We're a huge chance to go backwards next year regardless of whether we bring in a 24 year old Caddy.

He's an OK footballer but if we're going down the path we appear to be, to me it makes more sense to trade in youth - and Lang fits the profile of someone we'd look to bring in.

Hybrid footballer who can play midfield minutes as well as up forward where he has looked dangerous. Good young footballer who has shown he can play at senior level but probably hasn't played as much as he may have elsewhere.

We're building from the ground up so you'd have to assume he'll get plenty of chances here and that may well appeal to him.

Obviously we need to find a balance between youth & experience so we'll look for mature footballers but I'd rather that be done with picks (eg. Barlow) or DFA (eg. de Boer, Mzungu, Grimes etc.) than via trades for the likes of Gibbs and Tuohy who should get us draft picks and/or young talent in return.

Not sure I agree with this.

We're a huge chance to go backwards next year regardless of whether we bring in a 24 year old Caddy.

He's an OK footballer but if we're going down the path we appear to be, to me it makes more sense to trade in youth - and Lang fits the profile of someone we'd look to bring in.

Hybrid footballer who can play midfield minutes as well as up forward where he has looked dangerous. Good young footballer who has shown he can play at senior level but probably hasn't played as much as he may have elsewhere.

We're building from the ground up so you'd have to assume he'll get plenty of chances here and that may well appeal to him.

Obviously we need to find a balance between youth & experience so we'll look for mature footballers but I'd rather that be done with picks (eg. Barlow) or DFA (eg. de Boer, Mzungu, Grimes etc.) than via trades for the likes of Gibbs and Tuohy who should get us draft picks and/or young talent in return.
Yes all makes good sense. I'm coming more from a supporting Cripps standpoint. Caddy appears good enough (though lacks versatility) for the short term and young enough for the longer term.

I'm happy enough with Lang if B70 is on the money.

Yes all makes good sense. I'm coming more from a supporting Cripps standpoint. Caddy appears good enough (though lacks versatility) for the short term and young enough for the longer term.

I'm happy enough with Lang if B70 is on the money.
Is he generally spot on with his info?

We're lucky to have three pretty good, though rarely sighted, sources on the Carlton board. B70 would be on the money 8-9 times out of 10.
Did he hint at just Lang or were there draft picks also involved?

He plays as a forward at afl level but he is really a midfielder without the fitness to do it full time which he is trying to build. Very good ball user though.

Given lang is contracted i doubt you are getting him in a straight swap unless there is extra being added on your end, but he would be a good get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He plays as a forward at afl level but he is really a midfielder without the fitness to do it full time which he is trying to build. Very good ball user though.

Given lang is contracted i doubt you are getting him in a straight swap unless there is extra being added on your end, but he would be a good get.

Tuohy and 3rd round pick for Cockatoo
Win win for both clubs

Fringe player under 22 for immediate starter and draft picks as it's something that's limited for cats right now

Tuohy and 3rd round pick for Cockatoo
Win win for both clubs

Fringe player under 22 for immediate starter and draft picks as it's something that's limited for cats right now
It's far from a win/win for both clubs.

Ludicrous suggestion. Geelong get robbed in broad daylight.

Then what will you give up for Tuohy

Sos has made it clear to Wells it's either Lang or Nakia
Link?

Tuohy is ooc yea?

I'd be telling Sos to take a long walk off a short pier.

Then what will you give up for Tuohy

Sos has made it clear to Wells it's either Lang or Nakia

As much as I'd like Cockatoo Gillo, we'd make out like Bandits there mate. Lang definately closer to the mark.

If anything Cats make out like bandits getting an established player for a non established player left out of Cats Prelim squad
He's a second year player coming off a knee injury. He has a higher ceiling that most young players in game.

You won't be getting him as part of any deal nor would Sos ever assume you're a chance. He's a smarter man than to assume that we'd part ways with our most prodigious talent.

If anything Cats make out like bandits getting an established player for a non established player left out of Cats Prelim squad

Ok.. let's test your theory. Let's say Josh Caddy requests a trade to Carlton and SOS comes out midweek and says "we want Caddy". Geelong asks for Harry Mckay or Charlie Curnow to get the trade done.
Do we make out like Bandits because we are getting an established senior player as opposed to a younger, less experienced (and injured) player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Zach Tuohy [traded to Geelong with 2017 2nd rd pk for Smedts, 2017 1st rd pk and pick 63]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back