Traded Zach Tuohy [traded to Geelong with 2017 2nd rd pk for Smedts, 2017 1st rd pk and pick 63]

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok.. let's test your theory. Let's say Josh Caddy requests a trade to Carlton and SOS comes out midweek and says "we want Caddy". Geelong asks for Harry Mckay or Charlie Curnow to get the trade done.
Do we make out like Bandits because we are getting an established senior player as opposed to a younger, less experienced (and injured) player?

We have to wait and see
What are your thoughts on Darcy Lang?

We have to wait and see
What are your thoughts on Darcy Lang?

I think Lang has a high ceiling that at present, might have limited opportunity because the Cats will be picking a side over the next couple of years to win a flag. Sometimes, that may be to the detriment of a young players development(unless he is an elite talent). Lang can play, but isnt 'elite'. Look at the Hawks and how long blokes like Sicily etc took to get regular games. We are in a position where players like Lang/Hrovat/Marchbank/Stewart etc will more than likely play regular senior footy by coming to the Blues.

Would do Tuohy & Pick 24 for Cockatoo in a heartbeat. But let's be realistic, he falls in Geelong's 'untouchables' category.

I'd be somewhat content with Tuohy for Lang and maybe a swap of later picks.

Tuohy and 3rd round pick for Cockatoo
Win win for both clubs

Fringe player under 22 for immediate starter and draft picks as it's something that's limited for cats right now

Cockatoo has no interest in moving and wont be traded.

https://m.facebook.com/AflOffSeasonInformationSeasonNews/

It states Blues want both Lang and Cockatoo but I'll be happy with one
Come on Gillo, we all know nothing on Facebook is official apart from old relationships that finally get announced to stop you hooking up with other people.

I'm sure we would love Nakia but he's a potential match winning midfielder who shouldn't be mentioned as trade bait for a good half back.

Let's not let this thread become as crazy/disgraceful as the Gibbs to Adelaide thread, it's been good so far.

Come on Gillo, we all know nothing on Facebook is official apart from old relationships that finally get announced to stop you hooking up with other people.

I'm sure we would love Nakia but he's a potential match winning midfielder who shouldn't be mentioned as trade bait for a good half back.

Let's not let this thread become as crazy/disgraceful as the Gibbs to Adelaide thread, it's been good so far.

True
I think the Cats supporters least more polite curteous, better football judgment unlike the Crow trolls and Port rejects that like to put in their worthless 2 cents worth

True
I think the Cats supporters least more polite curteous, better football judgment unlike the Crow trolls and Port rejects that like to put in their worthless 2 cents worth

Many Crows think a first rounder on its own is too much for Gibbs and we should just take it or fear the wrath of 3 years of caffeine addicted Gibbs standing out of football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be really disappointed to lose Lang for Tuohy. Lang was a first round selection in 2013 and is projecting to be a very good player (albeit with limited exposure). I also appreciate that Tuohy is in his prime and fits a need for us. I'm hoping it's pick 38 and a fringe player (not Lang).

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

I'd be really disappointed to lose Lang for Tuohy. Lang was a first round selection in 2013 and is projecting to be a very good player (albeit with limited exposure). I also appreciate that Tuohy is in his prime and fits a need for us. I'm hoping it's pick 38 and a fringe player (not Lang).

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

What are Lang's strengths?

On paper it's a pretty even, if underwhelming deal. I just can't recall Lang standing out in any way but I certainly think it is a positive he is young and has the ability to transition into the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Zach Tuohy [traded to Geelong with 2017 2nd rd pk for Smedts, 2017 1st rd pk and pick 63]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back