NO TROLLS Zorko Sledge Towards Petty Revealed

Remove this Banner Ad

All those 'women catching experts' seem to need to keep finding a new woman. Its almost like the women don't like them enough to stick around...

I'm not sure you realise how unhealthily emotionally all-in you are on this. It's like watching full-blown Trump cultists just utterly dismiss any information that even slightly shades their chosen fundamentalist narrative.

You are so far down a rabbit-hole that you have lost all sense of direction.

God help you if you have to deal with a real crisis that affects you personally.

What did Gawn say?

After Friday night, it seemed like everything out of either club was done via press releases or senior club officials including the official club statement from Brisbane with quotes from Zorko. It was leaving the media cycle because there wasn't much left to talk about.

Then Gawn on Tuesday night decided to chime in on the discussion.

"I don't necessarily think we needed those comments for it to be a line in the sand, it's pretty clear to me going out to games that some of those stuff are off limits," he told reporters on Tuesday.

"But definitely now the comments are done, I do hope that it is a line in the sand and those sorts of comments can stay away from the footy field.

"(It was the) first time I've heard anything that deep.

"I'm not here to talk about it and go on about it and bring it up. I actually think it's been well-handled post game, but it's certainly rare."

This brought it back into the media chcle. I also think it's what led Zorko to speak to the media (purely conjecture I know). If what Caro said was true, you can see why Zorko would feel the need to defend himself if Gawn is going to be making these sort of comments from his high horse.

On the eve of the AFWL, seems only right that the AFL do an investigation and suspend any player from the Lions and Demons who is found guity of using women in a disparging way as a tool to win a game of footy.

That'll fix it (and be kinda funny if a few Demons players missed the next game).

After Friday night, it seemed like everything out of either club was done via press releases or senior club officials including the official club statement from Brisbane with quotes from Zorko. It was leaving the media cycle because there wasn't much left to talk about.

Then Gawn on Tuesday night decided to chime in on the discussion.

"I don't necessarily think we needed those comments for it to be a line in the sand, it's pretty clear to me going out to games that some of those stuff are off limits," he told reporters on Tuesday.

"But definitely now the comments are done, I do hope that it is a line in the sand and those sorts of comments can stay away from the footy field.

"(It was the) first time I've heard anything that deep.

"I'm not here to talk about it and go on about it and bring it up. I actually think it's been well-handled post game, but it's certainly rare."

This brought it back into the media chcle. I also think it's what led Zorko to speak to the media (purely conjecture I know). If what Caro said was true, you can see why Zorko would feel the need to defend himself if Gawn is going to be making these sort of comments from his high horse.

Yeah Gawn is that annoying kid in the classroom who waits until the teacher has sorted a dispute between other students and then says "Yeah Tommy, show some respect and focus on your work" (despite the fact he himself has been sitting there engraving Metallica logos into the desk) and then it all kicks off again.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter-accusations.

Once a grun always a grub.

Except he absolutely admitted what he said and denied nothing.

If your captain didn't come 8th man in for a cheap little kick to the ribs, Zorko would have continued to carry the can for the entire thing. But people will only tolerate hypocrisy up to a point. Melbourne's media manager would have been apoplectic during Gawn's interview.

Pretty clear now why Goodwin referred to it being a good internal wake-up call.

You seem to be having a hard time dealing with the developments in this story.

On the eve of the AFWL, seems only right that the AFL do an investigation and suspend any player from the Lions and Demons who is found guity of using women in a disparging way as a tool to win a game of footy.
Don't think we needed to say anything to win that game, it was over at quarter time lol.

Not sure how much it really helped the Lions either, with all the gut punches, sledges, headlocks and general grubbiness they're very lucky to only be missing two players for their elimination final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so if Petty’s mum ain’t sick after all, then Petty is just being petty. Zorko still remains an ordinary bloke (nothing has changed over the years for that assessment) but geez, if Harrison was taking swings and then copped one back, to have a cry about it without the initial mum being ill aspect being true, then he just looks like a sook and the carry on embarrassing.

That'll fix it (and be kinda funny if a few Demons players missed the next game).
I think this might be a little OTT but the AFL has a pretty sketchy record with inclusivity and women in the game so a bunch of faux tough guys talking shit about mothers, girlfriends and sisters is a pretty bad look.

The AFL doing absolutely nothing about it is an even worse look.

Dayne Zorko’s former teammate Dayne Beams has labelled his retention of the Brisbane Lions captaincy “embarrassing” in the aftermath of his sledge of Melbourne player Harrison Petty.

In an Instagram post, Beams, who played 58 games for the Lions between 2015 and 2018 and who was succeeded by Zorko as captain, took aim at Zorko’s comments.

“Really? You wondered what you said?” he wrote.

“Embarrassing that he is still captain. Worst thing is I’m not even surprised.”

Link

Lol. We've officially reached bottom of the barrell when Beams' Instagram stories are rating a mention.

Zorko literally said on Monday/Tuesday that he crossed the line and admitted to doing wrong.
It's been the media (Carro and Robbo) who have reported that the sledging wasn't one sided and mentioned Zorko's family.

Zorko himself probably wouldn't have said anymore until Gawn opened his mouth yesterday.
I'm not a fan of either side (and still won't take a side until we get the full picture), but you can't say that it's Zorko denying the story and making up "counter-accusations". That is literally being delusional.

I think this might be a little OTT but the AFL has a pretty sketchy record with inclusivity and women in the game so a bunch of faux tough guys talking s**t about mothers, girlfriends and sisters is a pretty bad look.

The AFL doing absolutely nothing about it is an even worse look.

It's the same with the misogyny in the umpiring ranks. They will bury it until the dam breaks.

We'd be very foolish to believe that round 23, 2022 - Brisbane vs Melbourne was some unique event where misogyny and personal insults about family members suddenly broke out. This shit has obviously been simmering all over the place. No wonder the AFL wanted to move on fast.

It's the same with the misogyny in the umpiring ranks. They will bury it until the dam breaks.

We'd be very foolish to believe that round 23, 2022 - Brisbane vs Melbourne was some unique event where misogyny and personal insults about family members suddenly broke out. This s**t has obviously been simmering all over the place. No wonder the AFL wanted to move on fast.
I completely agree but ultimately this incident attracted alot of attention and scrutiny and really should have been a catalyst.

Again, the AFL have made their choice and i understand the reasons for it but that doesnt make it right.

Zorko literally said on Monday/Tuesday that he crossed the line and admitted to doing wrong.
It's been the media (Carro and Robbo) who have reported that the sledging wasn't one sided and mentioned Zorko's family.

Zorko himself probably wouldn't have said anymore until Gawn opened his mouth yesterday.
I'm not a fan of either side (and still won't take a side until we get the full picture), but you can't say that it's Zorko denying the story and making up "counter-accusations". That is literally being delusional.

Zorko could have very easily named names too but held back. He probably shouldn't have bothered considering how he was going to get slammed either way.

I completely agree but ultimately this incident attracted alot of attention and scrutiny and really should have been a catalyst.

Again, the AFL have made their choice and i understand the reasons for it but that doesnt make it right.

I think the dam hasn't burst on this, but it has certainly sprung a leak.

Brisbane fired their warning shot at Melbourne yesterday for their hypocrisy. They'll likely go back in their box now and we'll see no more Gawnesque nonsense. The AFL will be happy.

If Melbourne call Brisbane's bluff, the dam walls will come completely down.

Lol, so after almost a week of outrage directed towards Zorko we discover that what I said is correct in that AFL footy is a cesspit of filth from every angle where you can witness anything from Misogyny, Racism and disgusting sledges to being clubbed with a musical instrument in the space of a 3hr game day experience.

But we've come a long way apparently.

Remove this Banner Ad

NO TROLLS Zorko Sledge Towards Petty Revealed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back