Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tarps were also an SANFL innovation, having used them to make extra sponsorship money during prior finals series at Football Park.

Were they a bad look and ill-advised? Absolutely. But at that point the wolves were at the door and the club was already a friendless, toxic brand regardless.

Which is why, even after a lot of the structural defects were sorted, the regime was forced to look outside SA for opportunities anyway — Renault, Four’N’Twenty, OAK, China, GFG — tarps or no tarps.

And even then, where was the second joint-major in 2018?

Should have been focusing on what he could control rather than complaining about what he couldn’t.

Do the stuff you’re paid for first, like actually finding sponsors that can pay.

Faced with sheer denial and bloody mindedness from a corrupt and moribund SANFL over a stadium deal as toxic as Chernobyl, he started a fight he couldn’t possibly win.

Historians will have to try interviewing the guy and his contemporaries in SA and Vic to try to figure out if he even concerned himself with the possible outcomes of what he started.

That fight eventually changed the ground rules over stadium development, drew intervention from outside forces ... and here we are at Adelaide oval with a better deal and a far more sponsor friendly environment.

Mark was basically the Mikhail Gorbachev of Port.

Knew he couldn’t just keep “focusing on what he could control” and *also* could not possibly have known what would eventually happen when he blew the doors open but set it in motion anyway.

So cut the corporate cliche BS.

Let’s neither under- nor over-estimate the guy.

—-

Oh, and #sackhinkley, the Terry Wallace of Port.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah, Lucifuge is definitely Janus.

There's certainly a number of strong similarities, but Janus's actual account was viewing the Port board today, and has most days since radio silence.

I also feel it would be totally off brand for him to have created a burner account in mid 2017 just in case.

There's certainly a number of strong similarities, but Janus's actual account was viewing the Port board today, and has most days since radio silence.

I also feel it would be totally off brand for him to have created a burner account in mid 2017 just in case.

He could easily deny it.

He could easily deny it.

That's the clincher for me.

BigPorty: Hey we think you're Janus!
Lucifuge: Scientists believe we visit parallel universes in our sleep.

PS: Welcome back Janus.

I just think it's funny that someone with such apparently strong convictions felt the need to create an alt in 2017, so he could disappear with his main account never having to admit that he was wrong.

It's weak minded and unaccountable. No wonder he likes Ken Hinkley so much.

Who would bother creating a burner account - I mean, you'd have to log out and log in from one to another, or have chrome and firefox running side by side. I'd imagine.

Exactly.

I’ve been taking a break from this place to gain perspective on what is important to me. Every person has four wants that drive their ego, and I realised that a place filled with negativity and hatred isn’t a place I want to spend my time. I’d rather spend it doing things that are positive and uplifting. The only reason I’ve been logging on is to talk to people who have messaged me about how the team is going (the Brisbane game reminded me of how Collingwood jumped Richmond in the prelim last year, and I thought we actually played pretty well against GWS all things considered).

Your thoughts are an act of creation, which means what you hope for will find a lightning rod in which to manifest your desire. And I guess I’ve come to the sad realisation that I may be a lightning rod for negative manifestation on this forum.

Maybe when it’s a bit more positive I’ll come back - hopefully after we’ve seen some genuine success by becoming the team I know we can be, but definitely if Ken gets the sack...wouldn’t want you to think I’m weak of spirit. It’s more a case that my spirit has an affinity to different emotions than yours, because I always hope that Port Adelaide wins the flag over proving my opinion right.

P.S. If you’re really interested in what I’m doing with my spare time, I’m building a first person RPG in Unity. It’s a lot of work.

Exactly.

I’ve been taking a break from this place to gain perspective on what is important to me. Every person has four wants that drive their ego, and I realised that a place filled with negativity and hatred isn’t a place I want to spend my time. I’d rather spend it doing things that are positive and uplifting. The only reason I’ve been logging on is to talk to people who have messaged me about how the team is going (the Brisbane game reminded me of how Collingwood jumped Richmond in the prelim last year, and I thought we actually played pretty well against GWS all things considered).

Your thoughts are an act of creation, which means what you hope for will find a lightning rod in which to manifest your desire. And I guess I’ve come to the sad realisation that I may be a lightning rod for negative manifestation on this forum.

Maybe when it’s a bit more positive I’ll come back - hopefully after we’ve seen some genuine success by becoming the team I know we can be, but definitely if Ken gets the sack...wouldn’t want you to think I’m weak of spirit. It’s more a case that my spirit has an affinity to different emotions than yours, because I always hope that Port Adelaide wins the flag over proving my opinion right.

P.S. If you’re really interested in what I’m doing with my spare time, I’m building a first person RPG in Unity. It’s a lot of work.
Great to hear from you Janus. Its just not the same without you... Better but 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly.

Who gives a **** what some w***ers on a forum think of your opinions. Keep posting, who cares who agrees and who disagrees. If it pisses off the clique, good. Keep it up. There's probably more people reading that agree to some degree then those who agree with the shit thrown at you on here.

Who gives a fu** what some w***ers on a forum think of your opinions. Keep posting, who cares who agrees and who disagrees. If it pisses off the clique, good. Keep it up. There's probably more people reading that agree to some degree then those who agree with the s**t thrown at you on here.
Yup, hes as mad as a box of frogs, but that's half the fun!

Come back Janus and OneGreatClub

This does not apply to Piston Broke who just spams crap and is a bit racist.

Who gives a fu** what some w***ers on a forum think of your opinions. Keep posting, who cares who agrees and who disagrees. If it pisses off the clique, good. Keep it up. There's probably more people reading that agree to some degree then those who agree with the s**t thrown at you on here.

It would probably help if he wasn’t objectively wrong most of the time while smugly claiming those who hold the opposing view are unenlightened imbeciles, though.

Here’s to the rule of the broken clock.

It would probably help if he wasn’t objectively wrong most of the time while smugly claiming those who hold the opposing view are unenlightened imbeciles, though.

Here’s to the rule of the broken clock.

Like, this isn’t a case of someone being all,

“Call me crazy you guys but I think this is our year maybe. We’ve got a pretty good list and everything’s in place. Ken will finally show up some doubters for mine, idk I’m just trying to be positive everyone xoxo”

It’s,

“Nicks was rubbish and Lade has poo where his brain should be. Lobbe was a greedy sociopath who has no soul and now he’s finally off the books. What?! You don’t understand the concept of team defence? ROFL OMG YOU DICKHEAD HAHAHAH. We will go undefeated and when Ken is holding up the cup I guess it’ll mean I know my footy unlike certain morons who will remain nameless heheheheheheh”

There's that word clique again.

I remember the good old days when RPG just meant rocket propelled grenade. You're not building one of those are you - we shall have to alert ASIO :openmouth:

Like, this isn’t a case of someone being all,

“Call me crazy you guys but I think this is our year maybe. We’ve got a pretty good list and everything’s in place. Ken will finally show up some doubters for mine, idk I’m just trying to be positive everyone xoxo”

It’s,

“Nicks was rubbish and Lade has poo where his brain should be. Lobbe was a greedy sociopath who has no soul and now he’s finally off the books. What?! You don’t understand the concept of team defence? ROFL OMG YOU DICKHEAD HAHAHAH. We will go undefeated and when Ken is holding up the cup I guess it’ll mean I know my footy unlike certain morons who will remain nameless heheheheheheh”

I like our bunch of freaks on this board.

OneGreatClub should come back though. I love that he is such a positive nuffie who I didn’t interact with much and wondered why he posted half the shit he did but he was completely inoffensive and just loves his Ports to pieces.

Janus, as you describe is a different beast who I still enjoyed but he desperately needs to learn the meaning of the word humility.

Put your hand up if you are wrong and cop it sweet. People tend to respect the **** out of that sh*t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back