Player Watch #30 Tom Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Had an off game, but with him and Banks switching positions they're both learning new roles which is good for their future prospects of breaking into the team.
hey man

I want him to make it.

Just a bit of a worry that he had 4 possies in game, watched it pretty closely did not get near it, maybe he was injured, I look forward to the Morris report

hey man

I want him to make it.

Just a bit of a worry that he had 4 possies in game, watched it pretty closely did not get near it, maybe he was injured, I look forward to the Morris report
Brown had quite a few quiet games earlier in the year, so it's a fair concern to have.

These kids didn't play much footy in the last two years, so they're not as battle-ready as previous draft groups. If we're seeing games like Sunday's from him next year then I'll start to get concerned.

Brown had quite a few quiet games earlier in the year, so it's a fair concern to have.

These kids didn't play much footy in the last two years, so they're not as battle-ready as previous draft groups. If we're seeing games like Sunday's from him next year then I'll start to get concerned.
Yeah, to get 4 disposals against comfortably the worst side in the comp isn't compelling stuff. Unless he was playing more a lock down role? Only excuse I can offer.

Brown will be fine. Think we as fans continually put too much emphasis on possessions as an indicator of talent.

He had been building for a few weeks now, including solid games against the better teams in the comp.

Brown wasn’t picked to get 20+ a game. He was picked to use his speed and his ball use.

Wings in the VFL find it a lot harder to have an impact, especially against non-AFL teams that generally play a certain way that make it more of a slog. That coupled with the conditions and the dominance that our mids had, no reason the likes of Brown and Judson Clarke struggled.

Our VFL side sit 8th with an extra game. They have a bye this week and Frankston last game at punt rd. So likely these boys may only have one game left for the year.

Our VFL side sit 8th with an extra game. They have a bye this week and Frankston last game at punt rd. So likely these boys may only have one game left for the year.
They should make finals. Suns are playing Southport this week who are 2nd on the ladder. Then they have Norf last round but we play Frankston who we should beat and we have a much better percentage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to seeing the 5 2021 draftees in pre season after putting on some muscle and learning our structures.

Exactly. Jesus they’re not even 20 yet and we want them to be world beaters

Consistency will come from young Tom, when his confidence increases. He just needs to be locked into the one role and string a few good games early in the season, and he'll build from there. Tom looks like he dominated as an U18 so the step up against me as a skinny kid and then getting injured, would have knocked his belief last season. I don't expect him to be playing a full season at AFL level next year, but I think he's the sort of player that will get a game after mid year and do enough to become a regular option in 2024.

I dont see anything in him yet, which is fine, it's early days. But others we took in that draft excite me more.
Think he is the most skilled of last years crop but the least natural footballer if that makes sense

That’s my take anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back