Universal Love Footy Related Things we are still cranky about -

Remove this Banner Ad

Jezza stupidly involving himself in club politics and moving to St. Kilda after the 1979 season. I still believe that it cost us a premiership in 1980.

The worst free kick I’ve ever seen, Round 23 2022.
4th quarter, Jack Silvagni is pushed in the back, and gets a free paid against him, after Cripps has taken a mark to have an easy set shot at goal when we’re well on top. Lose and miss finals by 1 point.

Just made me double cranky.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You don't remember correctly. We beat an awful Sydney by 1 point when we needed to win by 4-5 goals to guarantee top spot.

Lost to non-finalist Essendon to miss top spot in 1994, which still irritates me.

Should've finished top three years in a row.

All my hatings of Essendon are melded into one big ball of fury tbh.

Agree with so much on this thread... actually a little too much.

Just to add a couple of new ones: Giving up a five goal fourth-quarter lead to lose the 2009 Elimination Final to Brisbane.

Losing in the last 30 sec to Gold Coast in 2019.

2018 (the whole year, up until draft night)

Tbh outside of walsh who was the obvious pick 1, the rest of the 2018 draft was a shambles. 3rd year poor year for SOS after 2016 and 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

😡

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F2a14dce4-b0d5-4655-bc7e-bf0dfaa2e67e

• Everything that led up to and during that involved Malthouse including Sticks not having the guts to stand up for Ratts and veto against
  • Barry Mitchell v Pagan that was really damning
  • John Barker - our version of DoDo (I'm sure he's a great person, but how he lasted so long and almost became permanent head coach)
  • 94 Finals series - how how how????
  • 93 Grand Final - shoulda smacked them
  • 99 Grand Final
  • As per above 3 points a waste of the 90s... shoulda snaffled at least one more flag.
  • Semi Final 2001 - added extra crankiness and sadness to the already sombre week it was (Sept 11)
And plenty more, hence why I turned to the Dark Side.

Missing out on Dylan Shiel because we didnt try hard enough

Bahahahahahahah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Michael Long's 'goal' in '93.
Fev not getting to 100 goals.
Wellingham's hit on Simmo, which also meant he didn't break the consecutive games record.
Kouta's injuries.
Walker not getting mark of the year.
Us winning the Wizard Cup and then the wheels falling off.
Us missing the finals in '22.

Doesn’t have the historical impact of most of what’s been written but hadn’t been going to too many live games at the time, but new season brings renewed optimism…..

Packed the family up for the trip into what was Etihad Stadium Round 2 2018 Carlton Vs GCS

Tom Lynch kicks 8 for the match, 6 goals before half time. Game was virtually over 20 minutes into the first quarter.

Have never been to a game where the crowd was so flat. We’d come off finishing bottom of the ladder a couple of season prior before some slight improvement in ‘16 ‘17.

Never seen a more disillusioned supporter base at half time, team didn’t fire a shot. Probably the lowest I have felt supporting this club in the previous 50 years……

Went on to finish last again. Two wins for the entire season.

A time where it was difficult to find a flicker, a glimmer, of hope.

But 17 is going to erase all that. Will be the sweetest of them all.

Go Baggers.

90% of these posts bring back very cranky moments for me too.

The Motley one was particularly sour because there was no coming back from that moment, Judd’s career ending on such a low note was also gut wrenching as he deserved a proper send off game.

One thing that is not blues related that really got me cranky was the absolute wet lettuce and rug sweeping response the AFL headquarters showed to * for their systemic drug cheating!

The AFL were quite prepared to allow * to go basically unpunished for bringing the game to its lowest ebb, despite abundant evidence that they broke every rule imaginable and they even pre warned them to “lose” the spreadsheets!!!

I nearly gave the league away for that as I felt they had betrayed the fans of the game!!

Shame on * and shame on AFL house.

Thank Judd for WADA!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back