Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understood the 3D craze. A cinema near me spent $60k on the latest and greatest before the Avatar movie came out, and I saw 5 or 6 3D movies in that time. I don't know if my eyes are too close together or what, but I was never wowed by any 3D moment in any movie I saw.

Actually, that's a lie. The only thing that ever really "popped" off the screen was in Avatar, when they were looking at a digital photograph in the movie there was a time and date on the photo. For some weird reason, the time and date was in incredible 3D while the rest of the photo was as 2D as the rest of the movie for me.
I saw Toy Story 3 in 3D, and you'd think an animation movie like that would seriously pop, but for me it barely did anything.

It was cool to wear those 3D glasses out of the cinema though, I remember the ATM machines (automatic teller machine machines) looked seriously weird with the polarised glasses on.

My wife could never see it either.
It was there. Avatar was almost overdone.
Not sure why some people can't see it.

CursingFijian on the topic of Fijians, tomorrow night I've been invited to a Vakataraisulu ceremony. Some help on what to bring would be appreciated!

Hey George,

I just seen this. My apologies for not responding. I was moving business and house that week.

Back in the village we would have taken a heap of food, traditional wealth (mats, whales teeth, etc.) and fabric.

For many clans once the official ceremony is finished the family antics can be a lot of fun.

Normally a great day for extended family and friends to catch up and have an uplifting time while we pay tribute to those who have moved on from this world.

I hope you had a good time.

How long was the mourning? The more traditional 100 nights, or the now common 4? Did any body need to have a haircut / shave?

Hey George,

I just seen this. My apologies for not responding. I was moving business and house that week.

Back in the village we would have taken a heap of food, traditional wealth (mats, whales teeth, etc.) and fabric.

For many clans once the official ceremony is finished the family antics can be a lot of fun.

Normally a great day for extended family and friends to catch up and have an uplifting time while we pay tribute to those who have moved on from this world.

I hope you had a good time.

How long was the mourning? The more traditional 100 nights, or the now common 4? Did any body need to have a haircut / shave?
Hi mate, no worries - it was a great night.

They did the 100 nights, half of them came down from Brisbane for it and I've known their family since I was 7 through a mate of mine so I'm used to Fijian cuisine but they really went above and beyond haha. I enjoyed everything but they brought out these hard dough buns, I've forgotten the name of them but they were tough to eat and had little flavour haha.

Not sure on the haircut/shave, it didn't seem like it when I arrived but admittedly didn't know I had to look out for it haha

Have picked up tickets for the Saints V Tigers in a couple of weeks.

Six of us going, myself and my daughter along with 4 Melbourne based ex Tasmanians (couple been there for 25 years but they are still Tasmanians).

Two of those I'm going with are long time Tiger supporters, looking forward to the game to catch up with my daughter who is living in the city with the upside down river and long time mates.

Is there a pub / bar close to Marvel that is recommended by the Saints Big Footy fraternity for a gathering before the game???

Six of us going, myself and my daughter along with 4 Melbourne based ex Tasmanians (couple been there for 25 years but they are still Tasmanians).

Two of those I'm going with are long time Tiger supporters, looking forward to the game to catch up with my daughter who is living in the city with the upside down river and long time mates.

Is there a pub / bar close to Marvel that is recommended by the Saints Big Footy fraternity for a gathering before the game???
Remind your friends Ian Stewart played his best football with the Saints if you wouldn't mind. Some Tiger fans I know try to claim him.

Platform 28 is a pretty nice bar. Decent food too

Something totally nonsensical to ponder for desperate Saints fans looking for omens of future success.

Next year we will celebrate our 150th anniversary after forming in 1873. In our 150 years we have achieved one premiership in 1966.

Our % flag success rate can be calculated as follows

1648074659963.png

Do all of those 6's have any relationship to 1966 and a sign of a premiership?

Or maybe next year will see the rise of Satan as our CEO and the establishment of STKFC as a new world order.

Thoughts anyone?

Something totally nonsensical to ponder for desperate Saints fans looking for omens of future success.

Next year we will celebrate our 150th anniversary after forming in 1873. In our 150 years we have achieved one premiership in 1966.

View attachment 1352697

Or maybe next year will see the rise of Satan as our CEO and the establishment of STKFC as a new world order.

Thoughts anyone?
Thanks Mick, might want to let the AFL know so they can begin engraving the cup now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor guy has to box at 45 to earn a living now. Can't believe people paid $50 to watch that too.
I wouldn't have thought Hall would be doing it for the money. He should have been able to set himself up nicely after his AFL career.
Think he just likes the limelight maybe. Just wondering though George, how much do you reckon Big Bad made for his 2 minute effort last night ?
At least he got a headbutt in at the weigh in.

I wouldn't have thought Hall would be doing it for the money. He should have been able to set himself up nicely after his AFL career.
Think he just likes the limelight maybe. Just wondering though George, how much do you reckon Big Bad made for his 2 minute effort last night ?
At least he got a headbutt in at the weigh in.
I thought he moved into boxing because he needed to find something to do after Fox sacked him (or maybe it was Triple M, either way he lost his job). He used to be an amateur boxer before we drafted him so he has some skill but at 45 it's just sad. For a payday I wouldn't risk it at his age. Not sure on how much he would've got, probably a nice little bit but definitely not anything jaw dropping. I find it hard to believe many people paid for that PPV.

I've booked a trip to Bali on a whim to use up frequent flier points that were about to expire. I haven't been there for 15 years or something. Does anyone know somewhere not too crowded and a bit lux that isn't too expensive and a good spot?

I've got a bit of remorse about it now and they seem to make it very hard to cancel the tickets. Wish I'd gone to Japan instead. Worst thing is the difference between the FF points and the balance was more than a Jet Star ticket anyway. Those things are a scam.

View attachment 1352697

Thoughts anyone?

Can't argue with that, I'll book the GF tickets now.

I've booked a trip to Bali on a whim to use up frequent flier points that were about to expire. I haven't been there for 15 years or something. Does anyone know somewhere not too crowded and a bit lux that isn't too expensive and a good spot?

I've got a bit of remorse about it now and they seem to make it very hard to cancel the tickets. Wish I'd gone to Japan instead. Worst thing is the difference between the FF points and the balance was more than a Jet Star ticket anyway. Those things are a scam.
My gay brother and his partner have a place there they rave about. Getting massages by nubile boys on the beach, nice food and drinks, etc.
Do you want me to ask him and I will pass on ?

Who won the Barry Hall fight?

Or was it one of those tepid finishes where both of them did bugger all and the judges award a split decision?
SBW KO'ed him in the first round. Hall not too good when someone he is trying to punch is looking at him.

My gay brother and his partner have a place there they rave about. Getting massages by nubile boys on the beach, nice food and drinks, etc.
Do you want me to ask him and I will pass on ?

Honestly I probably have pretty gay taste so yes please. Apart from the massages that sounds good. I'm still traumatised from getting a massage on the beach from some old lady that felt like she was removing muscle from bone last time I was there, I only did it so the campaigners would stop asking to cornrow my hair and sell me friendship bracelets.

I hate Bali, I don't even know what I was thinking. I was imagining a villa on a beach with my pink gin with rain forrest lapping at the back wall. Instead I'll be back with 300,000 footy bogans fist fighting in the street and falling off motor bikes drunk. I'm about three beers off reverting to that type most of the time.

Who won the Barry Hall fight?

Or was it one of those tepid finishes where both of them did bugger all and the judges award a split decision?

I saw the news, Barry kept getting splayed out and going back for more.

Honestly I probably have pretty gay taste so yes please. Apart from the massages that sounds good. I'm still traumatised from getting a massage on the beach from some old lady that felt like she was removing muscle from bone last time I was there, I only did it so the campaigners would stop asking to cornrow my hair and sell me friendship bracelets.

I hate Bali, I don't even know what I was thinking. I was imagining a villa on a beach with my pink gin with rain forrest lapping at the back wall. Instead I'll be back with 300,000 footy bogans fist fighting in the street and falling off motor bikes drunk. I'm about three beers off reverting to that type most of the time.

Just get the hell out of Kuta and Dempesar.

I've only ever been to Bali once, but I have friends who go there regularly. One is a big fan of hiking up the volcano.
The time i went was off season, and i only saw one group of bogan's in our family friendly resort. ( didn't go into the main city at night , plenty of nice quiet restaurants in the hotels between Kuta and the the airport area. ).

My biggest issue was that during the off season i got sick of the locals hawking crap.

Quick Google.

Uluwatu is a good blend of all the great aspects of Bali, Ubud if you’re after pure isolation, Canggu for something closer to the hubbub but still luxe.

Maybe I should have mentioned it's a gay nudist resort. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Still interested ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back