Autopsy Round 4, 2022: Hawthorn v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not a f*cking bump!!!

If I run into a stop sign, did the pole bump me? FFS

The media want this to be a suspension so their little brains can handle the simplicity of "bump and you're gone".

It was a block. It happens all the time during a match. You could argue that the ball was within 5m, but sure pay the free kick down field.

The idea is to pressure players/Day. Unfortunately Day diverted straight into Paddy. It seems there was a lynch mob for Paddy since the first bounce.

View attachment 1369736
So where’s the problem? If we are gonna suspend players because other players run into them the league might as well shut down.
He's taken all effort to minimise the bump. Could've sent him into next year like Steven May a few years ago but didn't. Next time will be a spear tackle

They seemed to always be responding to being read the riot act last couple of years. We seemed to drop away effort for a winnable game, get yelled at then play well against better opposition the next week. If we can play at that very intense level without the big stick coming out we'll be a much better chance at top 4. I can't remember us playing such a foot down game as we did today, we didn't get a bit ahead and slow it down this week. It looked quite mature.

Mature is the word to describe that performance. They didn’t take it easy at any stage and played the game out to the very end.

When you add on the resilience and fight shown in the previous two weeks when they fell behind, you get a picture of a team in a different mind set to what we’ve seen in the last decade.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

For what its worth, Jack Steele is on the record saying he chose to bump

Well that Paddy news takes all of the fun out of the game doesn't it!

I said after round 1, when Paddy returns we will start winning, our midfield will suddenly look above average and we will all start talking finals. IMO, he is 100% out most important player (not necessarily best, but certainly most influential).

As a result I am very very nervous this week. We are 5 goals worse of without Paddy, and GC games always seem to be close. Massive massive danger game. Have already dropped one game to an average team. Two would make finals tough

PS: sorry to hear that happened George. Your online family is here for you mate. Hope you and the Mrs are doing okay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You won't hear people here in Scotland calling it Saint Kilda. The origins of the name are murky. The dutch name is one of a few. No one really knows as there are very few written records. But the litmus test for me is what the locals call it.

And in Melbourne I've never heard anyone call it Saint Kilda Road for example. Nick Riewoldt fought for years to get his name pronounced correctly and eventually most got it right. And the AFL recently had a video feature on the correct pronunciation of a number of player's names.

That is me over and out on the matter. Won't be replying.

Oh when the SAINTS .....????

Yes it is our nickname.

Dons - Bombers

North - Kangarooos

St Kilda - Saints

The St Kilda Football Club was established on April 2, 1873 and is one of the oldest and proudest sporting institutions in the world.

It was on that historic day that the Saints were born, formed from the ashes of the disbanded South Yarra Football Club. Alongside other formalities, the significant occasion confirmed St Kilda’s iconic red, white and black colour scheme.

The red and white of South Yarra merged with the black and white of the new St Kilda, birthing the famous design which would ultimately stand the test of time. Initially, the guernsey was arranged in horizontal formation and was complete with a white handkerchief tied around the neck.

The Saints, as they became known, were considered to be a junior club before the formation of the VFA in 1877, playing their games at Alpaca Paddock.

Last edited:
Michael Christian. Of all the people to put in charge.... it was like giving a hat to a monkey and making him prime minister. He would struggle to make a decision about which orifice to poke his sandwich in let alone weigh up the subtleties of culpability.

h9VW0uK.gif

Yes it is our nickname.

Dons - Bombers

North - Kangarooos

St Kilda - Saints

And further than that if lookup our ABN. You will note that it is St Kilda Saints.

If as you seem believe Saints and St are the same thing with our name, and are interchangeable, that would be Saint Kilda Saints Football Club Ltd.....which would be daft!

1649683815238.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 4, 2022: Hawthorn v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back