Game Day Round 15, 2022 - Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure even the most realistic of us saw this belting coming
Call me crazy but I'd rather a belting than an honourable loss. More likely to see change coming from it.

So we delist a bunch of players that aren't best 22, bring in a bunch of draftees, and ... our team is exactly the same?
Well delisting that many players, you’re hoping we are trading in at least 2 best 22 players.

Drafting is never for the now, it’s for the future.

A good lesson on the standard required, hopefully we let this loss be our lesson
We have had a few in the last couple years and it hasn't.

The only game we have won that really mattered was against Richmond in that 2020 final.

Every other time we have a legitimate test against a serious side and we roll over.

Well delisting that many players, you’re hoping we are trading in at least 2 best 22 players.

Drafting is never for the now, it’s for the future.
Delisting that many players, we'd be picking in the 60s and 70s.

If you hope we're drafting two best 22 players there, you're crazy.

If you're banking on trading in two best 22 players, then the delisting of particular players is irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are supposedly just about the best contested football team in the competition and that gets us by most of the time, but if we don't win the ball our defensive pressure can be poor.

He's a winner, he needs to completely replace Lyons while he's out
At risk of being harsh you can see why he slipped though. He's solid but not a game changer.

I find supporters who feel they're entitled to some special treatment because of their location a bit precious and self-absorbed. I'd rather the team win every game rather than take it personally when they don't in a particular location.

It wasn't more about the location, rather the pain that Victorian supporters feel everytime they shell out lots of money for a disgraceful performance like that each time they are in Victoria. Essendon game excluded. I'm based in WA so have no relevance, but have friends in Victoria who left the game early today.

it seems the most negative of our posters have vacated the the internet for the night (probably furiously writing their memorandum on how we are the shittest team ever for the review thread).
I feel for Liam_The_Latvian to produce a preview following this.

At risk of being harsh you can see why he slipped though. He's solid but not a game changer.
Doesn't need to be, Neale, McCluggage and Rayner are and Dev will only make them better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back