Review Round 15, 2024 - Port Adelaide vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Port?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [34] Shadeau Brain (sub)

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [38] Bruce Reville

• [40] Jack Payne

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

• [46] Oscar McInerney

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

They've been competitive enough under Ken.

I think it's curtains for him now . He's been there too long . But he can coach ,don't worry.

The only knock on Ken I’ve had is he seems to get the players up on emotion too often. He has otherwise be a really good coach.

The trade additions have been pretty shit yet he has had them winning.

When the time comes for Fages I hope we never touch the surface of treating him the way port fans treat Kenny

I'm not a fan of the "expected score" stat, kicking for goal is a skill like any other skill, bad kicking for goal is bad footy as they say.

I like to go by the eye test and my eye told me today that we gave Port a good old fashioned shellacking.

I’m a fan of expected score when it tells me we were better than I thought and I agree with you that kicking for goal is a skill when we kick well.

The only knock on Ken I’ve had is he seems to get the players up on emotion too often. He has otherwise be a really good coach.

The trade additions have been pretty shit yet he has had them winning.

When the time comes for Fages I hope we never touch the surface of treating him the way port fans treat Kenny
100%

Overall he's done a good job with what he had to work with.

Obviously being there so long he's made mistakes but he's never had a sook about the umps ,the AFL , the unfairness of everything.

He’s an interesting case. He just smashes the non-elite rucks with size and strength, but gets completely found out against Gawn. Not a great footballer but a great competitor. He has made less howler this year than previous years IMO.

He absolutely demolished English though, who was considered one of the best rucks in the comp at the start of the season

Anyone else notice a lot of our guys slipping over today? Seemingly unaccountably?

Happens a lot to our players I feel, sliding all over the place. Need to club wide ban soccer-style cleats and mandate everyone wears spikes

Great win and should win the next 3 as well, leaving us at 10-1-6. Will probably need to win at least 5 of the last 6 to make top 4 but definitely doable and looking better than a month ago.

They've been competitive enough under Ken.

I think it's curtains for him now . He's been there too long . But he can coach ,don't worry.
Agree. Ken Hinkley is demonstrably capable as an AFL senior coach, but I also think there is little that he or Port can get out of their ongoing relationship now.

Great win and should win the next 3 as well, leaving us at 10-1-6. Will probably need to win at least 5 of the last 6 to make top 4 but definitely doable and looking better than a month ago.
No issue with your mob making top 4 from here. Just that draw rather than the win against Adelaide stopping you being in 5th place now with the percentage. That's how close it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happens a lot to our players I feel, sliding all over the place. Need to club wide ban soccer-style cleats and mandate everyone wears spikes
Then people would be complaning how we don't cover the ground as well and that we're unfit.

I wish that was the case. Thatd mean he touched the ball at least 3 *ing times. Sorry to vent here hahaha. But I got no where else to vent. All I cop is 'just let them play'. I don't mind them getting beaten on talent. Fine. On effort. Get stuffed.

Now where were we. Oh right. Port vs bris. Carn lions.

I've promised mine $1 per touch and $1 per tackle to get her paying attention now.

Last game she made a whole $3 on disposals, but $4 on tackles. I swear she's more interested in hurting than winning.

Y'all know I am a Logan Morris fan. He got burn't by team mates 3 times today. Coulda/shoulda had 5.

I was genuinely annoyed that the team didn't try stat pad Logan to get him a rising star nomination.

Still, for what it is worth Logan was the 13th ranked player on the game according to the AFL/Champion data rating system despite having just 9 touches. Had 6 score involvements, 1 goal assist and two goals from those 9 touches.

I thought "spikes" or screw ins weren't even allowed anymore?
Screwins were illegal 30 years ago, but pretty sure the length of moulded spikes have gotten shorter over the years.

I was genuinely annoyed that the team didn't try stat pad Logan to get him a rising star nomination.

Still, for what it is worth Logan was the 13th ranked player on the game according to the AFL/Champion data rating system despite having just 9 touches. Had 6 score involvements, 1 goal assist and two goals from those 9 touches.
He is a gun

My toddler woke up at half time so had to watch the second half on delay. But with such a good win I'm ok with that.

So incredibly satisfying to see a big win away. We got a bit battered early but just just kept our heads up and then blew them away through the middle of the game. Just out played them completely across the park and pretty much won all the matchups. Great coaching and great play

Lot of guys deserve votes but gotta shout out to some of the sort of whipping boys this year who have massively found form. Hipwood and Oscar were immense. Just straight applause for coming good. Rayner was also pretty influential (despite one selfish effort that ill now try and forget).

Noone deserves to be dropped for Wash, but also couple of battered bodies could do with a rest.

Minor quibble don't like putting on the sub and sticking them in the forward pocket. At least give Brain a chance to get his hands on the ball a bit

Back