Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sacked him we would be paying out 3 years, not 1 year. And now they have brought in the soft cap limiting spending on your football department and personel. So every dollar you spend paying him out you have to reduce that spending elsewhere in your football department by getting rid of other football department personel such as draft scouts and development coaches etc. It is not so much the money itself that we couldn't afford, it is the space it would take up in our soft cap. Because if you sack a coach all the money you pay them out still counts in your cap.
The point of the soft cap though, is you can break it if need be, and we are the richest club in the land

The point of the soft cap though, is you can break it if need be, and we are the richest club in the land
We’re the richest club in the land but we can’t afford to burn money. A multi-year payout for a coach on … what, around a million? Then add a tax on that.

Signing the coach to a five-year extension is pretty extreme. Even Hardwick only got three, and he’s two flags ahead of Simmo.

All I do is wonder is MIG, badge and ochre draw straws to see who plays the contrarian in each thread.

Fair play to Simmo on the contract extent ion. If you win a club a flag you should get to extract some blood.
Fair play to Simmo, dumb decision by the club.
And if they don't regret the decision then why are they hiding it?

Fair play to Simmo on the contract extent ion. If you win a club a flag you should get to extract some blood.

Sounds sort of like ...... credits in the bank.......type of thinking.

So that's why the constant reference to synergy ........ is all about., whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

All I do is wonder is MIG, badge and ochre draw straws to see who plays the contrarian in each thread.

I have no issue that Simmo’s deal runs until it does.

I care that, yet again, the fans are the last to find out info the club has kept needlessly close to their chest. It’s weird when they don’t list players on the injury report, it’s weird players disappear without a trace or comment from the club, and it’s weird that they think we don’t deserve to know how long the coach is here for.

It’s not really a Simmo or a contract issue, it’s why is our money good enough for the club but our interest in their actions isn’t?

I suspect the club withheld the announcement due to doctor’s orders.

In all seriousness, the club has been error riddled and done a poor job with fan engagement for a fair while now. This incompetence/arrogance shouldn’t come as a surprise.

Only reason for not doing so was because it happened during covid times and others were being laid off and it feels a bit crap giving one guy security while others are shown the door

(Log in to remove this ad.)

200.gif

I wonder if there was a credible reason for giving him a 5 year deal at the time? Was there anybody else running a serious campaign to poach him? And i mean a serious campaign, not just random North people giving their own personal opinion that the club should have a crack at him. I think the only acceptable reason for the club to have given him a 5 year deal back in 2020 is if there was a serious chance of him leaving for another job he was being offered if they didn't. And i doubt there was. Especially considering the roots he has put down in Perth. 5 years deal are something you should only do if you forced into it. He should have been given the standard 3 years. I think the 5 year deal in and of itself is even more proof of the arrogance of the WCE hierarchy that they thought that they were so good at seeing and forecasting the future that they could afford to start throwing 5 year deals around and totally tieing the clubs hands, even though Simpson in all likelihood would have settled for 3 years. Maybe thats why they didn't want to talk about it. They kind of knew that handing out a 5 year deal at that time was more generous than it needed to be and they weren't safeguarding the clubs interests to the extent that they are supposed to.

Just to be a stickler, I don’t believe it’s strictly counts as a “five year deal”. It’s a three year extension, he just already had two years to run at the time.

Much of a muchness really, tethers him to the club for five years from the date of issues, albeit they already knew he’d be there for at least two of those years anyway.

Three year extension to someone with two years left on their contract, off the back of two ultimately disappointing seasons post flag…

Bit of a tough sell but no excuse to sneak it through in the dead of night.

I wonder if there was a credible reason for giving him a 5 year deal at the time? Was there anybody else running a serious campaign to poach him? And i mean a serious campaign, not just random North people giving their own personal opinion that the club should have a crack at him. I think the only acceptable reason for the club to have given him a 5 year deal back in 2020 is if there was a serious chance of him leaving for another job he was being offered if they didn't. And i doubt there was. Especially considering the roots he has put down in Perth. 5 years deal are something you should only do if you forced into it. He should have been given the standard 3 years. I think the 5 year deal in and of itself is even more proof of the arrogance of the WCE hierarchy that they thought that they were so good at seeing and forecasting the future that they could afford to start throwing 5 year deals around and totally tieing the clubs hands, even though Simpson in all likelihood would have settled for 3 years. Maybe thats why they didn't want to talk about it. They kind of knew that handing out a 5 year deal at that time was more generous than it needed to be and they weren't safeguarding the clubs interests to the extent that they are supposed to.
I'm almost certain they would have given him another year as a result of cutting his salary by 20% (like they've done with guys like Rotham/Langdon etc). It is probably how we afforded some high rated assistants like Schofield and Knights.

Got a mention on F.C last night, this graphic is a bit alarming with our stats the last few weeks. Will this lead to another implosion before seasons end? View attachment 1450225

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some of those are skewed by the terrible Carlton game.

Being that bad in contested possessions is particularly concerning since we’ve done reasonably well in clearances (-2.5 on average). Getting smashed around the ground.

After all this time it wasn't just some players who had nudes of Simmo, turns out Simmo has nudes of Nizzy!

With all the nudes floating around of various club identities Simmo's BBQ is starting to sound like a scene from Eyes Wide Shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back