RDT CLXVVV - BigJohnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the kids to the library today and grabbed a few books:

Shantaram - which I've heard amazing things about.

The Boys Club - appears to be a sort of expose (dunno how to make an accent) on the shitty background dealings of the AFL. Will either satiate my anger and need for blood with league at the moment or make me even angrier.

Later - a newish Stephen King book. Reading his stuff is like taking a holiday from reading coz it's so easy to get through.

Some good scores from a public library!

The boys club will fire you up… you wont learn anything new about the eagles drug saga however

Just finished two myself.

The Vanishing of Audrey Wilde. Shit. If Women's Weekly was a murder mystery. Target audience is probably middle aged women with babies who have a book club that's an excuse to drink wine. Even had 'Discussion Points' at the back that went no deeper than "Who was your favourite character?" and "Would you have made the same decision the character did?" Bought online on the strength of the blurb, huge regret.

The Seven Deaths of Eleanor Hardcastle was great. Very evocative writing style and a nice twisty mystery with the timeline confusion.

Boys Club’s pretty good. Hard not to take a lot of it with a few grains of salt when
the main person he goes to to validate his view on the league is Jeff Kennett, and Peter Gordon knocks the whole main premise of the book on the head at the end.

Lost is a masterpiece. If you go into it knowing it was a early/mid 00s network show, ie there was no overarching master plan, and a lot of mysteries won't have an overly satisfying resolution, if they even get one, and just focus on the fact it has one of the best cast of characters of any show ever, you can't not love it.
What a ****ing endorsement this is.

Eagles 2022 season was a masterpiece. If you go into it knowing there’s no gameplan, and a lot of the quarters won’t be high scoring, if they score at all, and just focus on the fact that Connor West has the best hair in the league, you can’t not love it.

No football, yeah yeah.

Had every mystery been amazingly wrapped up in a little bow, it would've been better but that was never realistic for a early 00s network drama. It was a big deal that the creators were even able to convince the network to give them an end date instead of the show just running until it was cancelled
It’s a pretty big deal that there’s footage of a squirrel waterskiing but it doesn’t mean it would actually win the world championships.

Good given the context isn’t the same as good.

What a ******* endorsement this is.

Eagles 2022 season was a masterpiece. If you go into it knowing there’s no gameplan, and a lot of the quarters won’t be high scoring, if they score at all, and just focus on the fact that Connor West has the best hair in the league, you can’t not love it.

No football, yeah yeah.

It’s a pretty big deal that there’s footage of a squirrel waterskiing but it doesn’t mean it would actually win the world championships.

This is ****en hilarious.

If we’re doing Matt Berry content: has everyone seen What We Do In The Shadows and if not, why not.

I watched the movie which was very good - can't go wrong with Taika, Jermaine and Rhys of course - feel like the show will ruin it's legacy and can't bring myself to watch it.

What a ******* endorsement this is.

No football, yeah yeah.

This is good gear.

This is good gear.
Apart from dogs, books, Survivor, Lost, Victorians, fruit and having to learn the names of other teams players, there's nothing Badge hates more than the use of 'gear' to describe comedy.

Edit: and cricket

I watched the movie which was very good - can't go wrong with Taika, Jermaine and Rhys of course - feel like the show will ruin it's legacy and can't bring myself to watch it.
I assumed that as well but after taking a few episodes to grapple with that feeling, it’s actually tremendous.

All the main actors are British which probably helps, and Taika/Jermaine are heavily involved in filming so it feels very similar. Worth a shot I’d say, it’s good on its own and as far as American remakes go it’s, as they say, “a masterpiece”.

I assumed that as well but after taking a few episodes to grapple with that feeling, it’s actually tremendous.

All the main actors are British which probably helps, and Taika/Jermaine are heavily involved in filming so it feels very similar. Worth a shot I’d say, it’s good on its own and as far as American remakes go it’s, as they say, “a masterpiece”.

I was with you up to that final line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from dogs, books, Survivor, Lost, Victorians, fruit and having to learn the names of other teams players, there's nothing Badge hates more than the use of 'gear' to describe comedy.
Dogs: Good, when they’re your own or trained. Don’t be offended when other people don’t want your feral dog licking them, and don’t get off a train to pat one what the ****?

Books: Good, in comic form or when written about Marcelo Bielsa. If not, it’s like TV but I’m doing all the heavy lifting. Pass.

Victorians: Speaks for itself. Nuke the place, with no apologies to my family members who live there.

Fruit: Are you food or are you a liquid? Pick a lane.

Gear: Absolute nonsense, where the **** did this come from as a synonym for material/stuff/patter/content?

Shapes: Savoury.

Coke: Vanilla.

Gatorade: Orange.

I will not be taking questions at this time.

This could be the gamechanger

Vanilla coke is the best Coke, but it's not every day Coke. Coke is every day coke, Vanilla Coke is the treat. It's like saying chocolate is better than a roast dinner - well, yeah, it's great, but you can't have chocolate for dinner.

Vanilla coke is the best Coke, but it's not every day Coke. Coke is every day coke, Vanilla Coke is the treat. It's like saying chocolate is better than a roast dinner - well, yeah, it's great, but you can't have chocolate for dinner.
I literally drink Vanilla Coke ever day. Not sure I could specifically think of a day I haven’t had it this year. Pretty sure there’s more podcasts of me drinking it on air than not. Water is just Vanilla Coke but not nearly as good.

I’m aware that the grim spectre of diabetes is coming for me but I’ve made my choice. One day my metabolism will stop and that will be the end for me.

I literally drink Vanilla Coke ever day. Not sure I could specifically think of a day I haven’t had it this year. Pretty sure there’s more podcasts of me drinking it on air than not. Water is just Vanilla Coke but not nearly as good.

I’m aware that the grim spectre of diabetes is coming for me but I’ve made my choice. One day my metabolism will stop and that will be the end for me.

It's 2022, the spectre of diabetes is coming for all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back