Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2022 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Gill and the AFL have announced an "Independent" panel to investigate the alleged wrong doing at Hawthorn.
Can it really be "independent" if the panel selected by the AFL, is reviewing a part of the AFL family.
I also thought that there was talk of a truly independent panel ,maybe run by the government to investigate.
I think they've actually done OK, better than I at least expected
I thought it likely the public would only get a filtered verison, but the panel retains their own rights to the report and so it will be released in full without AFL fingerprints over it. That's got to be a good thing?

Has anyone seen the new Bankwest jumpers on reddit? Complete diarrhoea.

Horrid. The back is bad but the front is just completely and utterly ****ed. Whoever thought it was a good idea is a moron.

I am hoping it is just tape over the old sponsorship.

bh3zaw46o2v91.jpg

I think they've actually done OK, better than I at least expected
I thought it likely the public would only get a filtered verison, but the panel retains their own rights to the report and so it will be released in full without AFL fingerprints over it. That's got to be a good thing?
They are people selected by Gill and the AFL.
Like the police investigating the police.
It is the reason that some will not partake in it.
Maybe this is the mob that should be investigating. Sportintegrity.gov.au

They are people selected by Gill and the AFL.
Like the police investigating the police.
It is the reason that some will not partake in it.
Maybe this is the mob that should be investigating. Sportintegrity.gov.au
You think the four learned lawyers selected are AFl puppets?

Not suggesting that at all, but they are still selected by the AFL to investigate the AFL.
Not a good look.
The Hawks did the same thing and look at the mess that has happened now.
It's an independent investigation. I'm not sure what the problem is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is not independent, it is a panle selected by the AFL to investigate the AFL.
So when a government appoints three KC royal commissioners to investigate something, and the royal commission conducts hearings and produces a report, that's not independent because the government appointed them?
This is an identical process

So when a government appoints three KC royal commissioners to investigate something, and the royal commission conducts hearings and produces a report, that's not independent because the government appointed them?
This is an identical process

There is certainly an opportunity not to choose the particular wig that has an axe to grind over the issue with the government.

I'll take this opportunity to mention that when the AFL Tribunal met to rule on the Essendon saga they conceded that a substance was ordered, paid for, shipped to and a substances was administered by Essendon to the players but because the chain of custody couldn't be confirmed the entire length of that trip during shipping, that the substance that arrived wasn't tested and confirmed to be the one ordered - the AFL couldn't take further action.

This is after the AFL happened to call Essendon officials who happened to be having a meeting together at one of their homes, the day before the raids were going to take place - to talk about nothing related I'm sure.

I think AFL Integrity Unit is an oxymoron and they have a long way to go to regain any of it.

Not suggesting that at all, but they are still selected by the AFL to investigate the AFL.
Not a good look.
The Hawks did the same thing and look at the mess that has happened now.
So faced with a very serious set of allegations what should an organisation do? Ignore the allegations? Refuse to investigate? An even worse look.

The AFL have to investigate. They can't handball that responsibility to someone else.

Of course other bodies (worksafe, discrimination authorities, legislatures, etc) might decide to have their own investigations. That is their right. But it doesn't absolve the AFL from having a responsibility to look into the affairs of one of its clubs.

Does anyone remember that St Kilda nuffie who posted on here hating on Freo ever since Ross Lyon left St Kilda? He always claimed that he didn't like Ross and would troll Ross's short comings vociferously.

It seemed that his dislike for Freo coincided with Ross leaving. Anyway now that Ross is back I was wondering if he has been devolving lately

Does anyone remember that St Kilda nuffie who posted on here hating on Freo ever since Ross Lyon left St Kilda? He always claimed that he didn't like Ross and would troll Ross's short comings vociferously.

It seemed that his dislike for Freo coincided with Ross leaving. Anyway now that Ross is back I was wondering if he has been devolving lately

Defacto or Plugger?

I haven't seen the former post yet on the MB, but Plugger has instantly done the full 180 and is praising everything about RTB again. Very amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back