Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

New platinum sponsor:

View attachment 1632998

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

They have deep pockets at least. The DP stands for Dubai Ports and the global company, of which DP Australia is a small part, may have a hand in 10 per cent of global trade. They sponsor the European golf tour.

Hi all first post coming up and it's a bit of a whinge. Duff and Quarters was my Favourite podcast. Mark Duffield was not just a down to earth freo fan but incredibly knowledgeable and its a true loss that he's left the podcast but more so the west rag which was only treading water thanks to his professional input.

Nevertheless He's gone and has been replaced by a fake nice guy, one eyed eagle twit in adrian barich. Apart from using his journalistic privilege to inform the Eagles of our game plan and intent in the lead up to the infamous demolition derby, now he's pleasuring us with more of his pro eagle uneducated garbage twice a weak on what was originally possibly the best footy podcast in the land. You know it's bad when quarterbrain sounds like the voice if reason but In his defence the contempt and disagreeance he has during the show I'd obvious and he gets a pass mark for that.

The bloke is today saying how he grew up when shirt fronting a bloke was heroic just days after a class action on concussion by 200 players and 3 dog act head shots.

Really disappointing with where the pod ended up. I just hope they get into him during listener's questions.

Hi all first post coming up and it's a bit of a whinge. Duff and Quarters was my Favourite podcast. Mark Duffield was not just a down to earth freo fan but incredibly knowledgeable and its a true loss that he's left the podcast but more so the west rag which was only treading water thanks to his professional input.

Nevertheless He's gone and has been replaced by a fake nice guy, one eyed eagle twit in adrian barich. Apart from using his journalistic privilege to inform the Eagles of our game plan and intent in the lead up to the infamous demolition derby, now he's pleasuring us with more of his pro eagle uneducated garbage twice a weak on what was originally possibly the best footy podcast in the land. You know it's bad when quarterbrain sounds like the voice if reason but In his defence the contempt and disagreeance he has during the show I'd obvious and he gets a pass mark for that.

The bloke is today saying how he grew up when shirt fronting a bloke was heroic just days after a class action on concussion by 200 players and 3 dog act head shots.

Really disappointing with where the pod ended up. I just hope they get into him during listener's questions.
Agree. I've unsubscribed. It's the only way they will get the message.

I wonder if Eagles fans will like it though and their listeners will increase regardless. It's a shame, they covered the WHOLE league really well, not just the WA teams.

Its a shame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I so hope i'm wrong but before we even got this guy i didnt want him. for what we paid, i dont see which "need" he fills. We dont need a Ruckmen. We sure as hell need a decent forward though, but from my perspective Luke Jackson is not even close to being a forward. Potential's a great thing, but it's not tangible, it's not real.

I hope everyone is talking him up is right and i'm wrong, and i'm not going to gloat after 1 game, but it wasnt a great start by Jakcson filling our forward void - especially when our 1 natural forward is back in Perth. And not just on him either, trying to make the square peg in Fyfe fit into the round hole of the forward line hasnt looked great either. Fyfe's goals in the pre-season were mainly all on the run snaps which worries me significantly. We need a natural forward to lead to position and be able to clunk the ball high in a pack. Shultz and Switta are there to do the snaps.

I so hope i'm wrong but before we even got this guy i didnt want him. for what we paid, i dont see which "need" he fills. We dont need a Ruckmen. We sure as hell need a decent forward though, but from my perspective Luke Jackson is not even close to being a forward. Potential's a great thing, but it's not tangible, it's not real.

I hope everyone is talking him up is right and i'm wrong, and i'm not going to gloat after 1 game, but it wasnt a great start by Jakcson filling our forward void - especially when our 1 natural forward is back in Perth. And not just on him either, trying to make the square peg in Fyfe fit into the round hole of the forward line hasnt looked great either. Fyfe's goals in the pre-season were mainly all on the run snaps which worries me significantly. We need a natural forward to lead to position and be able to clunk the ball high in a pack. Shultz and Switta are there to do the snaps.
Can still get that key forward later, getting Jackson doesnt exclude us from bringing anyone else in.

While I agree he's not a forward (and I hope the club see it the same), he still had three shots on goal where I'll back him to average converting at least 2 of those opportunities normally. Keep building his tank so he can play like 60-70% midfield and ruck and be a real point of difference to our midfield that lacks a bit of x-factor.

Tis basically impossible to win a flag without good trading in of players

Oh I agree, but we seem to be completely ignorant of the fact we could draft attacking / goal sense players.

The one who we have drafted in Sturt has been held out of the team because he doesn't tackle enough. Boggles my mind.

We get guys who end up taking shots on goal and just don't have the knack for it. For years people have been screaming for Fyfe to be a forward, I've been fairly adamant he is not a forward. We need to start going after guys who not only can kick goals, but who WANT to kick goals.

Amiss is hopefully a step in the right direction.

Oh I agree, but we seem to be completely ignorant of the fact we could draft attacking / goal sense players.

The one who we have drafted in Sturt has been held out of the team because he doesn't tackle enough. Boggles my mind.

We get guys who end up taking shots on goal and just don't have the knack for it. For years people have been screaming for Fyfe to be a forward, I've been fairly adamant he is not a forward. We need to start going after guys who not only can kick goals, but who WANT to kick goals.

Have a listen to Sebits original interview. He loves kicking goals

Oh yeah 100% this though I think Fyfe should be a decent forward, we've just got critical overload of non-natural / smart forwards up there which makes it worse. Sunset Tabs, leave Jackson onball as much as his fitness allows and play the only two high draft pick goal kickers we drafted in this rebuild.

Oh yeah 100% this though I think Fyfe should be a decent forward, we've just got critical overload of non-natural / smart forwards up there which makes it worse. Sunset Tabs, leave Jackson onball as much as his fitness allows and play the only two high draft pick goal kickers we drafted in this rebuild.

Agreed. If Fyfe was the 5th forward and spending his last couple of years playing the 3rd tall in a functioning forward line it probably makes sense.

I'm not sure of the answer but it probably involves having a forward line of Amiss / Taberner / Fyfe with Switkowski / Schulz / Fredrick types as the other 3.

Jackson was too good a talent to pass up on. The same as Melbourne taking Grundy, it may not make complete sense but you bring in talented players and make them work. Hopefully our coaching staff can make it all work.

I agree 100%. His numbers on the weekend where just under his average from last year so not sure where this "potential " is coming from

I've given up on the Barra and Quarters podcast. There's no valuable insight. If I want comedy, I'll listen to another podcast.

Duffield's SEN show is available as a podcast which I recommend. There was a review of the weekend's game with Haselby which was interesting. Hopefully it's a regular thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back