Dmac Collins farrar
Powell ballard weller
Ellis Anderson atkins
Ainsworth casboult Lukosius
Swallow King holman
Witts Rowell miller
Sexton Humphrey fiorini lemmens
Sub rosas.
Wouldn't mind the extra tall to help witts but sounds like it could be wet so going smaller. Rosas probably a little unlucky but sexton needs a full game and north are the type of team he dominates.
Want to see fiorini, swallow and Humphrey rotate through the mid for the whole game not just a half.

Ellis ran out of steam and couldn’t keep up on the outside in the last qtr. Atkins isn’t a 2 way runner, sharp would offer more on the other wing. Defenders looked lost across half back the last quarter and a half. A blakely or constable could have been the mature head back there; their foot skills couldn’t have been any worse.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah, we don't handle elite pressure well. Saints after pedestrian 1st qtr turned it up to elite pressure levels and we could not handle it and broke down while turning the ball over with plenty of clangers. IMO, nothing really to do with a plan. If we don't match pressure/contest, we are gone.

Can North do the same? They play older and more experienced line-up. They don't have many injuries either except Xerri and Simpkin. That was one of the worst 2nd halves I ever witnessed against Lions. Not sure what Clarko was doing. I hope they play like that against us.

Witts still does not train so I expect it's Moyle again. Three weeks sore back makes me worry it's something more serious. Goldstein is still a good ruck but he is no Darcy/Jackson. Moyle gives basically nothing around the ground but re-watching Freo game he still was not as bad in the centre as I thought in 2nd half. On the other hand, some ruck contests by Chol were terrible. We may need Casboult helping in the middle.

Contrary to what I thought originally, there was still Fiorini and Swallow going through the middle in the last quarter. I still would like to see Weller, Ainsworth or even Powell run through the middle too. And take out Rowell out of there for min 20%. Surely, he can rotate through other positions like other midfielders.

I also noticed that while Andrew was better compared to Saints game and did some nice things, to have him play a couple of times on Frederick was insane in last quarter. While Andrew has decent speed for his height, he was no match for Frederick who is probably fastest Freo player. Just crazy matchup.

The inability to slow down the game, hold the ball, change momentum in the last quarter was glaring. Boys should go for a win rather than not trying to lose.

It's mostly mental issues.

Suns players should bring the pressure and win.

Reserve game should be a good spectacle. North with a healthy list should field 17 AFL listed players.

Looking forward to double games.

Last edited:

Yeah, we don't handle elite pressure well. Saints after pedestrian 1st qtr turned it up to elite pressure levels and we could not handle it and broke down while turning the ball over with plenty of clangers. Nothing really to do with a plan. If we don't match pressure/contest, we are gone.

Can North do the same? They play older and more experienced line-up. They don't have many injuries either except Xerri and Simpkin. That was one of the worst 2nd halves I ever witnessed against Lions. Not sure what Clarko was doing. I hope they play like that against us.

Witts still does not train so I expect it's Moyle again. 3 weeks back sore makes me worry it's something more serious. Goldstein is still a good ruck but he is no Darcy/Jackson. Moyle gives basically nothing around the ground but re-watching Freo game he still was not as bad in the centre as I thought in 2nd half. On the other hand, some ruck contests by Chol were terrible. We may need Casboult helping in the middle.

Contrary to what I thought originally, there was still Fiorini and Swallow going through the middle in the last quarter. I still would like to see Weller, Ainsworth or even Powell run through the middle too. And take out Rowell out of there for min 20%. Surely, he can rotate through other positions like other midfielders.

I also noticed that while Andrew was better compared to Saints game and did some nice things, to have him play a couple of times on Frederick was insane in last quarter. While Andrew has decent speed for his height, he was no match for Frederick who is probably fastest Freo player. Just crazy matchup.

The inability to slow down the game, hold the ball, change momentum in the last quarter was glaring. Boys should for a win rather than not trying to lose.

It's mostly mental.

Suns players should bring the pressure and win.

Reserve game should be a good spectacle. North with a healthy list should field 17 AFL listed players.

Looking forward to double games.
Agree re Andrew, there is enough there to be excited, if our season is done at some point would like to see him play as a key back or forward for an extended period.

Rewatched the Dockers game and the quality of the football wasn't great, a lot of skill errors that better teams can punish. Shouldn't be a problem against the Roos, but massively concerning. Also Touk is so out of form right now, he's making errors he didn't last year.

Rewatched the Dockers game and the quality of the football wasn't great, a lot of skill errors that better teams can punish. Shouldn't be a problem against the Roos, but massively concerning. Also Touk is so out of form right now, he's making errors he didn't last year.
To be honest, I thought Suns vs Freo was better than supposed to be top shelf Saints vs Magpies. That was bog down average game with less intensity, but no commentator even mentioned it. I thought WB vs Port was a very good game with finals like effort from both teams.

To be honest, I thought Suns vs Freo was better than supposed to be top shelf Saints vs Magpies. That was bog down average game with less intensity, but no commentator even mentioned it.
You're definitely right about the intensity, I'm thinking more about turnovers, clangers and uncontested marks

Touk is 1 of only 5 players to score 100+ supercoach points in every game so far. Yes supercoach points isn't everything but touk hasn't been too bad think he has just set really high standards the last 2 years.

Touk is 1 of only 5 players to score 100+ supercoach points in every game so far. Yes supercoach points isn't everything but touk hasn't been too bad think he has just set really high standards the last 2 years.
His floor is obviously really high but he's not been damaging in the most important areas of the ground for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With regard to a well coached team the player with the ball has an option. He can kick or immediately handball to a team-mate waiting close by. He in turn can dispose to another team-mate close by and so forth.

With a badly coached team a good player many times doesn’t have that option. Consequently he is caught with the ball. Does players like Touk or Matt come to mind?
His floor is obviously really high but he's not been damaging in the most important areas of the ground for me

so how does the reserves game work in terms of parking and clearing out the ground?
is it free parking in blue carpark across road or under basketball stadium? but you have to leave at like 3pm or something?

im thinking of going to both games but happy to leave between to grab some food and then head back around 4

Whilst Dews excuse about missing powell etc. is a bit weak.. I do actually think those pre season injuries hurt us a bit.

Having Ellis, Powell even Lemmens to go from round 1 just gives us a bit more experience and composure.

I reckon we’ll play well this week.
Chol to kick a bag.

I think our sub needs to be a mid/forward or full time mid. Having Sexton as a sub is a waste, as we need someone to come in who can add to our mids to stay in top. Dew has rotated more mids, and I’m hoping he will continue to do so.

It’s not the percentage of CBA that Rowell, Anderson and Miller take that is the problem. That’s pretty normal numbers for top 2-3 mids in a club. We just need other people rotating more to get the lower end up. A sub is a perfect opportunity for a fresh player to have impact in the middle—especially if Witts isn’t playing and we need a spark at the end of the game.
Hoping Dew makes some significant changes.... DROP Mac Andrew, he's not ready for AFL. Bring in McLaughlin, we need more scoring power. Hoping Witts returns to ruin Goldys day.
I’m not sure we will, as who are you dropping for him: King, Chol or Luko? Casboult might also be returning, potentially, to make matters harder.

Not optimistic. Now it's injury not soreness (as expected).
Dew could be without co-captain Jarrod Witts for a third straight game, saying the ruckman has been dealing with a back injury.

Witts will be given every chance to face the Kangaroos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 6 vs North Melbourne @ The Bank - 23/04/23 - 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back