Preview Round 8, 2023: North Melbourne v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 7th May, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Kangaroos

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 65 89.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems weird being in this position
With a little depth

Jones coff billings hayes bytel windy all on the edge of selection
Id wrote jones off, just didnt think he would crack the side

Not long ago we were throwing in gringos buddy luke

Dunny is OOC at the end of the year. Perhaps we could get Lukey back. ;)

What I want to see is the absolute gut running effort that was evident from the Dees from the start last night. Do not take this side lightly or for granted - respect the opposition and work hard for it. That’s what the demons did and it’s why they put them to the sword so early.

I don’t understand why people think Pou needs a rest. It’s not like we’re expected to finish top four nor is having him in the team a liability. So let’s let him find form in the ones. Carlton dropped TDK and he ended up getting concussed in the reserves. I’ll be pissed if we do the same thing.

Heard Port player say their coaches been working on a way to break down saints for weeks, done a good job, tag wood, Sinclair and wilke and play man on man, this will happen more and more when u near the top, you become the hunted, I fully back Ross and Co to work on this, interesting I read that we the number 1 turnover team but number 18 at scores against because we go along the boundaries so when we **** up they can’t punish us as much.

Fix up some of our ball use get some fwds back in and with the coaches think we be ok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm old enough to remember going to the MCG with my dad and seeing North win their first flag in 1975, but sadly every Saints Grand Final I have seen in person, resulted in a loss to us. Hope we clobber North and go onto a premiership this year, but the competition is pretty hot.

This may be unpopular but I don't think we've looked as good since Skunk came back in.
Not that he's been bad directly - he has actually been quite good in my opinion - but it has changed our method i50 as I thought it may.
We looked like the Saints of old a little against Port with dump bombs i50 to packs, just for Aliir or Finlayson to pick them off repeatedly.
It felt like we were creatively manufacturing different avenues to goal earlier in the year, and the last couple of games we've bombed much more.
I'm excited for King to comeback don't get me wrong, there's no way he doesn't make us better, but I'd hate to see us just revert and dump it to him or Membrey in a pack of 6 constantly.

Also our mids need a rocket (as good as Crouch has been), cannot get beaten like that by a young kid and SPP.

This may be unpopular but I don't think we've looked as good since Skunk came back in.
Not that he's been bad directly - he has actually been quite good in my opinion - but it has changed our method i50 as I thought it may.
We looked like the Saints of old a little against Port with dump bombs i50 to packs, just for Aliir or Finlayson to pick them off repeatedly.
It felt like we were creatively manufacturing different avenues to goal earlier in the year, and the last couple of games we've bombed much more.
I'm excited for King to comeback don't get me wrong, there's no way he doesn't make us better, but I'd hate to see us just revert and dump it to him or Membrey in a pack of 6 constantly.

Also our mids need a rocket (as good as Crouch has been), cannot get beaten like that by a young kid and SPP.

We also miss Caminiti's work at ground level and the defensive pressure that he brings, Membrey doesn't really bring that sort of stuff to the table.

King isn't all that great in that department either but we could play Caminiti alongside them with Cordy the one to make way for him.

Not sure the club can be blamed for him not getting a game. He was average all last year in the VFL and didn't demand a spot.

Had a chance round one, was solid but had 16 touches and then got injures.

We were 5-1 before last night so it's not easy to break into the side, especially when Steele has returned.

He should get another go soon enough but he needs to own it himself and demand a spot.
When the last time someone got over 35 disposals and 9 clearances in the 2s? Can't do much more than that. Sandy bye has come at a bad time as well, so he will probably stay in the 2s this week. Hopefully he can back it up and force his way in the team. He isn't new and shiny anymore, but I believe he can be a gun mid - has had some really bad luck with the timing of his injuries

When the last time someone got over 35 disposals and 9 clearances in the 2s? Can't do much more than that. Sandy bye has come at a bad time as well, so he will probably stay in the 2s this week. Hopefully he can back it up and force his way in the team. He isn't new and shiny anymore, but I believe he can be a gun mid - has had some really bad luck with the timing of his injuries
Windhager was very close to that in a couple of games last year. I think he had 32 and 2 goals in consecutive games from memory.

Last year Bytel was just going, getting around 25 touches each week and not dominating.

That last game of his was terrific but he has just been unlucky with injury and Steele returning. If he can show the club that he can dominate games like that regularly I'm sure he'll find his way into the side eventually

The player most likely to influence the way North play is Harley Reid. Sadly for them West Coast also had a percentage booster on the weekend.
Clarko was way too chilled , and happy in his post match interview , which was odd , considering his team just got belted. I think if we bring in our best tackler (Jones) and our most physical player (billings) and keep that ball magnet (Cordy) in the side , we might be able to compete with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back