Prediction Will we make finals in 2023? AFL responds with "...not on my watch"

Will we make finals in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

True but that has started to even out and after this week our draws will be much more even.

We do need a win this week to keep in touch though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Powaa's tough draw was a fallacy iniated by that Port Adelaide cheerleader Kane Cornes. Their draw hasn't been hard. Have they played Geelong away? Have they played Melb away? Have they played Brisbane away? Their draw has been about the same as ours and they have been very lucky Brisbane didn't turn up round 1 along with St Kilda putting in their worst game of the year. Add in Sydney choking and throwing away 4 points as well and we have a team higher up the ladder than where their ability is. The pies and us exposed them for what they are which is a team that tries hard but is no serious contender this year. We aren't a genuine contender either but at least we beat them in their home showdown.

Powaa's tough draw was a fallacy iniated by that Port Adelaide cheerleader Kane Cornes. Their draw hasn't been hard. Have they played Geelong away? Have they played Melb away? Have they played Brisbane away? Their draw has been about the same as ours and they have been very lucky Brisbane didn't turn up round 1 along with St Kilda putting in their worst game of the year. Add in Sydney choking and throwing away 4 points as well and we have a team higher up the ladder than where their ability is. The pies and us exposed them for what they are which is a team that tries hard but is no serious contender this year. We aren't a genuine contender either but at least we beat them in their home showdown.

So half their wins the oppo didn’t show up. Okay I get they aren’t at good. Nothing to do with them hanging and playing some good footy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If we win this week I'm going to say yes.
Then probably lose to Brisbane, win against Suns in Darwin followed by West Coast.
That leaves us at 8 and 5 at the bye.

Probably need 13 wins to make it. So would only need to win 5 of the last 10.
I wouldnt say we will beat the Suns, they are very good team this year and the game is in Darwin, it will be about a 50:50 game.

The only games that should be locks is the games against North.

Even the final H&A game of the season vs Eagles in Perth, is no certainty of a win either. Especially if they are guaranteed pick 1 or cant be dislodged from the position they sit at going into the final game, they may end up playing its like their GF to get a final win for the year.

I wouldnt say we will beat the Suns, they are very good team this year and the game is in Darwin, it will be about a 50:50 game.

The only games that should be locks is the games against North.

Even the final H&A game of the season vs Eagles in Perth, is no certainty of a win either. Especially if they are guaranteed pick 1 or cant be dislodged from the position they sit at going into the final game, they may end up playing its like their GF to get a final win for the year.

Eagles in Perth is all but a lock at a moment. Even if they go balls out, and set themselves to try to take a scalp, they're garbage this year with little semblance of a gameplan.

As long as we don't look past that matchup, we'll win it comfortably.

There are not many quality teams though. I think they are a big chance to finish top 4 given their draw and anything is possible from there.

They have to finish top four though. They won't be able to win three finals including a GF away from home. Brisbane and Port need a top four finish.

Have you seen their draw going forward?

I don't think it's super easy, they'll make the 8, but I don't see them finishing top 4.

Top 4 will be Collingwood, Brisbane, Melbourne and Geelong, at this stage you could almost put your house on it

Port will finish 5th or 6th or if they lose a couple of games they're supposed to win then they'll finish 7th or 8th.

Last edited:
Pre-season - Adelaide 10th at 13-10
After Rd 1 - Adelaide 12th at 11-12
After Rd 2 - Adelaide 12th at 9-14
After Rd 3 - Adelaide 7th at 12-11 Defeat St Kilda in Elimination, Lose to Sydney in Semi
After Rd 4 - Adelaide 5th at 15-8 Defeat Port Adelaide in Elimination, Defeat Carlton in Semi, Lose to Melbourne in Prelim
After Rd 5 - Adelaide 3rd at 17-6 Lose to Melbourne in Qualifying, Defeat Sydney in Semi, Lose to Collingwood in Prelim
After Rd 6 - Adelaide 6th at 14-9 Defeat Essendon in Elimination, Lose to Geelong in Semi
After Rd 7 - Adelaide 7th at 14-9 Defeat Essendon in Elimination, Lose to Geelong in Semi
After Rd 8 - Adelaide 6th at 14-9 Defeat Essendon in Elimination, Lose to St Kilda in Semi
After Rd 9 - Adelaide 5th at 15-8 Defeat Richmond in Elimination, Lose to Brisbane in Semi

Have you seen their draw going forward?

I don't think it's super easy, they'll make the 8, but I don't see them finishing top 4.

Top 4 will be Collingwood, Brisbane, Melbourne and Geelong, at this stage you could almost put your house on it

Port will finish 5th or 6th or if they lose a couple of games they're supposed to win then they'll finish 7th or 8th.
I have Port finishing 10th with a 12-11 record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the Crows can win the Premiership this year according to Robbo on 360. Buckley and Whatley both saying how fast and early our rebuild success has come. How we are the 'template' for a rebuilding club. And as Browny just said ONLY 4 players over 100 games played...

So happy and proud of MY club. The coach and culture he has brought in. The new assistants, inc league best fitness guru. The elite talents with drafting and trading - the best since our early 90's generous concessions.

This year is bringing me so much joy. Incredible and 1-2 years earlier than expected. Blind Freddy can see we are coming. With a likely favourable salary cap we could bring in Redman, HH and the Poo (750k for 4-5 years) over the next 2 years and have a premiership ready squad for the next 6-8 years.

And yet the handful of fickles find negative after negative. Look at match day threads. Look at good, bad and ugly. You know who you are.

Coming success will belong to the True Believers.

So the Crows can win the Premiership this year according to Robbo on 360. Buckley and Whatley both saying how fast and early our rebuild success has come. How we are the 'template' for a rebuilding club. And as Browny just said ONLY 4 players over 100 games played...

So happy and proud of MY club. The coach and culture he has brought in. The new assistants, inc league best fitness guru. The elite talents with drafting and trading - the best since our early 90's generous concessions.

This year is bringing me so much joy. Incredible and 1-2 years earlier than expected. Blind Freddy can see we are coming. With a likely favourable salary cap we could bring in Redman, HH and the Poo (750k for 4-5 years) over the next 2 years and have a premiership ready squad for the next 6-8 years.

And yet the handful of fickles find negative after negative. Look at match day threads. Look at good, bad and ugly. You know who you are.

Coming success will belong to the True Believers.
How fast and early our rebuild success has come? It was looking very shaky a few years ago lol.

How fast and early our rebuild success has come? It was looking very shaky a few years ago lol.
it aint linear.

but SO SO MANY posters here are looking like complete clowns and hopefully enjoying the eggs on their face. In 3 years - TT, Pedlar, Worrell, Soligo, Berry, Rachele, Dawson, Max, Rankine, Murray, Parnell - isnt that the best in the league in that time? - and the progression of Jones and Scholl and Milera returning after horrendous injuries.

We are setting ourselves up to be a powerhouse club for the next 6-8 years with only 4 players over 100+ games playing from my understanding (Tex, Smith, Sloane, Laird), and massive salary cap optionality. I have been in contact and am confident we will have a big crack at Redman and HH this year. Along with further elite talents next year

Hamish and Reidy - you are owed many an apology. In my view, our recruiting and trading has been LEAGUES BEST over a 3 year period

Last edited:
You guys are doing well you remind me a little of us last year. Playing with confidence and enthusiasm but I think you are better balanced. I think you will finish 5th or 6th. I think
Top 4 will be coll, bris, melb and port. Cats will miss. With coll and bris playing off in the big one.
But it won't be too long until you get to the granny again.

it aint linear.

but SO SO MANY posters here are looking like complete clowns and hopefully enjoying the eggs on their face. In 3 years - TT, Pedlar, Worrell, Berry, Rachele, Dawson, Max, Rankine, Murray, Parnell - isnt that the best in the league in that time? - and the progression of Jones and Scholl and Milera returning after horrendous injuries.

We are setting ourselves up to be a powerhouse club for the next 6-8 years with only 4 players over 100+ games playing from my understanding (Tex, Smith, Sloane, Laird), and massive salary cap optionality. I have been in contact and am confident we will have a big crack at Redman and HH this year. Along with further elite talents next year

Hamish and Reidy - you are owed many an apology. In my view, our recruiting and trading has been LEAGUES BEST over a 3 year period
Development isn't linear but they are rarely exponential as well.

Then probably lose to Brisbane, win against Suns in Darwin followed by West Coast.
That leaves us at 8 and 5 at the bye.

So would only need to win 5 of the last 10.

As long as we do actually win those easy games. Nothing does my head in more than knocking out a couple of good wins to stay in touch with the 8 and then when it comes to teams that we should win (and thrash) we end up losing.

At least we ticked the saints off, that’s a good start! we are playing some good teams over the next month or so. If we can get over bulldogs this week I’ll be very happy. We always seem to struggle in Ballarat

As long as we do actually win those easy games. Nothing does my head in more than knocking out a couple of good wins to stay in touch with the 8 and then when it comes to teams that we should win (and thrash) we end up losing.

At least we ticked the saints off, that’s a good start! we are playing some good teams over the next month or so. If we can get over bulldogs this week I’ll be very happy. We always seem to struggle in Ballarat
We won there last year, and are a better team this year.
Win the next two and lid is off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Will we make finals in 2023? AFL responds with "...not on my watch"

Back