Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read the 9 page submarine thread in the general area
Havent really followed it on the news apart from theres a lost sub and some very rich twats are missing

FMD what an absolute s**t show
Some of the info coming out is mind boggling
At least one person had the sense to ask for a refund due to safety convcerns
Good lord

I knew when I saw a doco about a rich guy who had a sub and used it to murder a few people that nothing good comes from rich people with a penchant to own or build submarines, always ends badly regardless of intention.

The icing on the cake was trying to control it with a mad catz controller, probably got it off ebay.

He was very good 2020 and 2021 has lost confidence

I thought he even struggled at training yesterday just fumbled 2nd guessing

I saw a comment from a Port supporter from those days, suggested he was talented but not that bright, and might struggle with "team defence". Not sure that's accurate.

I saw a comment from a Port supporter from those days, suggested he was talented but not that bright, and might struggle with "team defence". Not sure that's accurate.

A mates nephew played with him at Port and he said he was a real vocal leader and very competitive in every way. He should be a weapon but he's shit this season. I think he got on the back foot with Lyon after smashing King's shoulder and he's feeling a bit unloved and lost all confidence. Probably the biggest disappointment after Gresham. Both look like they should thrive but have gone way backwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to this, oxygen ran out 20mins ago.
According to ABC, there's a ship with a robot on it that was approaching 40mins ago to have a looksee and try recovery.
According to expert instances, it'd almost take 2 hours for it to be buoyant if on the sea floor regardless.
It's now been 4 days that they've apparently been trapped.
And also apparently Canadians don't use lights to work at night if the robot is only on approach now...

According to this, oxygen ran out 20mins ago.
According to ABC, there's a ship with a robot on it that was approaching 40mins ago to have a looksee and try recovery.
According to expert instances, it'd almost take 2 hours for it to be buoyant if on the sea floor regardless.
It's now been 4 days that they've apparently been trapped.
And also apparently Canadians don't use lights to work at night if the robot is only on approach now...
Doubt it's going to be on the sea floor. It's got no weight and very little propulsion. Which means it could literally be anywhere, not to mention it's white which makes it impossible to see.

Crazy how they've created a tomb for people to go and die in. Ridiculously stupid.

Doubt it's going to be on the sea floor. It's got no weight and very little propulsion. Which means it could literally be anywhere, not to mention it's white which makes it impossible to see.

Crazy how they've created a tomb for people to go and die in. Ridiculously stupid.

Could have been dragged for all we know, metric shit tonne of pressures and water going which way and down, so if they had no power say, not unusual for it to be thrown down further than intended.

I work with someone that cave dives in their free time, he full knows the risks and mitigates what he can, but suffice to say, he'll also not go places because you know, regardless sometimes shit happens and you run into a waterlogged chamber and dead bodies no one can actually recover safely. All in full set ups, and they're not always in the same place.

Tom Stewart, what a campaigner* act. Gary Rohan, what nob! when you are about to crash into a teammate, step out of the way & try to avoid him, don't shove your shoulder into his face.

Could have been dragged for all we know, metric s**t tonne of pressures and water going which way and down, so if they had no power say, not unusual for it to be thrown down further than intended.

I work with someone that cave dives in their free time, he full knows the risks and mitigates what he can, but suffice to say, he'll also not go places because you know, regardless sometimes s**t happens and you run into a waterlogged chamber and dead bodies no one can actually recover safely. All in full set ups, and they're not always in the same place.
Nobody really knows for sure though. Could've been dragged down could've been dragged sideways. I initially thought it had the weight to fall to the bottom and would be relatively easy to find given it'd be in the vicinity of the Titanic but I really doubt they find it. Well, maybe they find it eventually but slim to none chance anyone in there is surviving. I'm dumbfounded by the flippant nature of the CEO, dismissing the safety concerns etc.

Could have been dragged for all we know, metric s**t tonne of pressures and water going which way and down, so if they had no power say, not unusual for it to be thrown down further than intended.

I work with someone that cave dives in their free time, he full knows the risks and mitigates what he can, but suffice to say, he'll also not go places because you know, regardless sometimes s**t happens and you run into a waterlogged chamber and dead bodies no one can actually recover safely. All in full set ups, and they're not always in the same place.
Some great shows on cave diving.

Some great shows on cave diving.

Shit he tells us scares me half to death, like I know his stature as a person and in my head I'm like "and you fit in those tiny places with harness' and shit on?" blows my mind.

But yeah, some great shows indeed, I'll never do it, I'll be the guy at the top waving pom poms.

Nobody really knows for sure though. Could've been dragged down could've been dragged sideways. I initially thought it had the weight to fall to the bottom and would be relatively easy to find given it'd be in the vicinity of the Titanic but I really doubt they find it. Well, maybe they find it eventually but slim to none chance anyone in there is surviving. I'm dumbfounded by the flippant nature of the CEO, dismissing the safety concerns etc.
There’s a tremendous amount of misreporting out there, I saw an expert who worked with them for two years saying people are mostly talking rubbish. That is an insanely dangerous environment, you wouldn‘t believe how quickly the light starts to disappear even in relatively shallow free diving depths. Down there it is literally totally without any light, they would have currents to deal with and so on. I think communicating the extreme risk involved he comes across like that but what he’s really saying is hey look at where we’re going of course it dangerous did you read what you’re signing. Have you ever been over a submarine when they‘re in port. They are incredible but we loose one of those from time to time as well, the last one was only a couple of years ago i think.

They have successfully operated that vehicle in that environment and it appears likely that the capsule is intact. Stockton Rush is incredible well qualified and has put his own arse on the line, it’s the new Everest. If you go back and look at the space program which is about as close to this as you can get there have been quite a few catastrophic failures that being a kid at that time I remember very well.

R.I.P five brave souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back