List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Screenshot_20240928-180020.png
Confused Little Girl GIF

And yet in 8 years of seniors football he has only kicked more than 9 goals ina season twice. This year with 15 and 2020 with 13.

He is a very good mark, but he has not developed the leading patterns that you want a key forward to have. So he would need a lot of development if you were going to play him mainly as a key forward.

Marshall is at his best as a follower. And his marking is at its best when he is moving around the ground.

If we do gain Soldo, it will be fascinating to see how Lyon will use Marshall.
Soldo takes the centre bounce.

Marshall rucks around the ground.

King CHF.

Soldo/Marshall deep FF.

Tight games and we lead. Marshall goes behind the ball.

Soldo takes the centre bounce.

Marshall rucks around the ground.

King CHF.

Soldo/Marshall deep FF.

Tight games and we lead. Marshall goes behind the ball.

I get all that apart from Soldo deep FF. He only averages 2 marks per game.

I am guessing he will have low %TOG.

The main benefit of gaining him is hopefully to make our mids more effective.

I am not SOLDoed on his worth forward.

How far we go with Soldo at the trade table may depend on how badly we want the two ruck structure with Ro forward more often.

I know people want young rucks but a Bryan type is worse than Marshall as a tap ruckman and struggles forward.

Our mids will benefit from better ruck service. Marshall will improve in that area with a smaller ruck load as well.

I doubt we will have to pay a high price for him and think this structure will be better for us. Mids, max and Ro all benefit.

Not quite the same. Xerri was a very young ruck who was identified as having good upside. History now would say that we underestimated his upside.

With Soldo, I doubt he will get better than he currently is. Value to us is whether we can use him to his fullest, whilst getting more value out of Marshall being freed up by less ruck attendances. If we do not actually achieve the latter, then achieving the former would not be enough.

F2 could well still be a low twenties pick.
That's exactly my point.

We obviously identified Xerri as having potential for improvement but still didn't budge on a F2.

We know what Soldo is, and he ain't worth anything like a 2nd rounder.

And yet in 8 years of seniors football he has only kicked more than 9 goals ina season twice. This year with 15 and 2020 with 13.

He is a very good mark, but he has not developed the leading patterns that you want a key forward to have. So he would need a lot of development if you were going to play him mainly as a key forward.

Marshall is at his best as a follower. And his marking is at its best when he is moving around the ground.

If we do gain Soldo, it will be fascinating to see how Lyon will use Marshall.
Back then was chopped in and out of the fwd line as an emerging player, and he's obviously improved a lot since Ryder retired.

The second half of this season he looked genuinely dangerous down forward.

R17: 3.2
R18: 2.0
R19: 0.2
R20: 0.1
R21: 1.0
R22: 2.0
R23: 3.0
R24: 1.0
R25: 1.0

13.5 in the last 9 games with only resting time forward. Probably helps he's got decent players around him now like Sharman, Owens and Higgins.

Back then was chopped in and out of the fwd line as an emerging player, and he's obviously improved a lot since Ryder retired.

The second half of this season he looked genuinely dangerous down forward.

R17: 3.2
R18: 2.0
R19: 0.2
R20: 0.1
R21: 1.0
R22: 2.0
R23: 3.0
R24: 1.0
R25: 1.0

13.5 in the last 9 games with only resting time forward. Probably helps he's got decent players around him now like Sharman, Owens and Higgins.
A lot of those goals was when he was starting as the ruck and sneaking forward to a mismatch rather than him actually playing fwd.

A lot of those goals was when he was starting as the ruck and sneaking forward to a mismatch rather than him actually playing fwd.
Next year 5 on the bench , the reason they are looking for a 2nd ruck - most teams will be playing 2 rucks by the sounds of it.
Marshall will play 70% as the ruckman , his marking around the ground is one of the best parts about his game, whoever is the 2nd ruckman will only give him a break - thats all the spud will be used for.
To tell you the truth I feel Heath or Keller would be a better option playing forward.

Ruckman yawn, seriously if you have superstar then great but most are just providing a contest. Imo you want a ruck who’s aggressive and clears a path for the mids plus he needs to be able to take a mark. Soldo is aggressive and then what ? And right there is his worth. He releases Marshall to play forward and holds up his end in the ruck nothing more, what’s that worth ?, not much but we need that bridge between Marshall and a young ruck. It’s probably not Heath so we’re going to need to draft one.

F*ck oath how good is it the premiers get the No.1 draft pick after their free no.2 pick wins the Norm Smith. Then you have some flog journos think it's a travesty if we get band 1 compo.

What a farking great sport the AFL is.

cOmpEtiTiVe InTegRitY
Hope Bassat’s got an appointment with AFL HQ first thing Monday.
Enough is enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next year 5 on the bench , the reason they are looking for a 2nd ruck - most teams will be playing 2 rucks by the sounds of it.
Marshall will play 70% as the ruckman , his marking around the ground is one of the best parts about his game, whoever is the 2nd ruckman will only give him a break - thats all the spud will be used for.
To tell you the truth I feel Heath or Keller would be a better option playing forward.
Ruckman yawn, seriously if you have superstar then great but most are just providing a contest. Imo you want a ruck who’s aggressive and clears a path for the mids plus he needs to be able to take a mark. Soldo is aggressive and then what ? And right there is his worth. He releases Marshall to play forward and holds up his end in the ruck nothing more, what’s that worth ?, not much but we need that bridge between Marshall and a young ruck. It’s probably not Heath so we’re going to need to draft one.
Soldo is not going to help our midfield too much , Campbell by all accounts was a better ruckman than him looking at VFL stats

It will be interesting to see if the 2nd ruck as the 5th player is the winning combo or if teams chose the extra runner for more speed in the game. Just depends on each teams cattle I guess.

We dont even need it to be Heath or Keeler fwd. King, Caminiti, Sharman. That's the forward trio we should be building around.

It will be interesting to see if the 2nd ruck as the 5th player is the winning combo or if teams chose the extra runner for more speed in the game. Just depends on each teams cattle I guess.

We dont even need it to be Heath or Keeler fwd. King, Caminiti, Sharman. That's the forward trio we should be building around.
Yes there is no reason Hammer or King couldn't help out in the ruck even Howard because he did it at Port.
However they do need to find a ruckman to replace Marshall if he cops a bad injury , however I really feel we could find someone better than Soldo.

No disrespect at all, and I thought he did a pretty decent job overall, but Darcy Fort is a premiership ruckman.

Get us a damn midfield please

No disrespect at all, and I thought he did a pretty decent job overall, but Darcy Fort is a premiership ruckman.

Get us a damn midfield please
I was hoping BT would call him Farty Doors or Dorsey Fart by mistake, but he didn't :-(

Yes there is no reason Hammer or King couldn't help out in the ruck even Howard because he did it at Port.
However they do need to find a ruckman to replace Marshall if he cops a bad injury , however I really feel we could find someone better than Soldo.
There dont seem to be as many depth rucks moving this year so Soldo might be as good as we get.
But we can't be playing extra for him because of that. We need to use those picks on mids and a key back.

Think today showed how little rucks actually matter in the AFL atm.

Just need a big bloke who is competitive in ruck contests and can throw his weight around.
💯
The much vaunted Sydney midfield of Heeney, Warner and Gulden was made to look second rate by the best midfield in the business. Neale, Dunkley, McCluggage, Ashcroft with support from guys like Rayner take no prisoners. Hands down the best midfield group in the AFL. And that's with a Tom Campbell standard ruckman in Fort for company.

If that's doesn't once and for all show the need for us to hit the draft for mids I don't know what does. All the Brisbane mids are capable of winning 30+ possessions and are strong bulls in the clinches.

Develop a similar engine room and we're one step from a premiership.

Think today showed how little rucks actually matter in the AFL atm.

Just need a big bloke who is competitive in ruck contests and can throw his weight around.
Marshall is around the All Australian talks, not because he's a good ruckman, but what he does around that contest.
I do wonder what our team would look like with a highly competent ruck, I do think they are overrated though. Even won ruck contests don't really push the ball in a positive spot most of the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back