News Hawthorn in the media 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don’t bring Barrett’s sliding doors rubbish here. That’s not the Hawthorn footy club in the media.

That’s a desperate article, trying to get clicks every week.

Good on Hodge this week for going hard in to bat for Sicily this week.

Hodgie looked shocked with Cornes response to Hodge's criticism about Sicily missing AA last year, which was basically if Sicily was picked you would have to had left out Taylor. Hodge rightfully didn't let it ago and later came back to it and said what should be obvious which is Sicily is elite with AND without the ball, putting him into a league of his own. It seems the media/hack selectors seem to want to create categories that Sicily doesn't fit in in order give an excuse to exclude him. Even in this segment Cornes followed up with "so you are putting him into the Sinclair category"... and Hodge again kept pushing say why pick a player that is good offensively and not defensively, or vice versa when you've got one who is dominant and elite at BOTH, and stop comparing him to players that can only do 1 of these as well as James can. Really I think Sicily should be a lock and first picked out of all of those (supported by him getting the most coaches votes of any defender last year). It is even more stupid that selectors of AA think like this, because Cornes all week has made reference to Pies not paying attention to Sicily because he completely dominated play to an extent he needs to be tagged like Daicos, yet still he didn't seem to catch on to what Hodgie was saying. Annoyingly however when Brad Johnson had Sicily as one of his locks, Cornes still disagreed with him later in the week. Can you imagine him dominating like he is for Essendon or Collingwood right now and media not saying he is 'the best defender going around' like they throw around about Darcy Moore whenever he has a dominant game.
I just loved hearing Hodge going into bat for Hawthorn again. He usually likes to pump up the Brisbane players instead.

The fact that Kane says it came down to Sicily vs Taylor is exactly why he shouldn't be on the panel. It's a far too simplistic view of what Sicily does. Even discussing him as part of "which 3 KPDs make it?" is missing the mark.

The fact that Kane says it came down to Sicily vs Taylor is exactly why he shouldn't be on the panel. It's a far too simplistic view of what Sicily does. Even discussing him as part of "which 3 KPDs make it?" is missing the mark.

Totally, and you can see the 'WTF' expression on Hodges' face when he says it. It seemed to be the same sort of way Robert Walls and Co used to try to talk down early Buddy at Hawthorn, by saying he couldn't do the things Travis Cloke did as a 'pure' contested marking key position forward, while ignoring he was clearly in a league and category of his own in doing things the others couldn't.

This was last years team. Surely he fits into that backline somewhere

Attachments

• IMG_4724.png
    IMG_4724.png
    833.9 KB · Views: 190
First picked last year. Fit the others in and around him. Not sure if he has been as consistently brilliant this year. Missed 4 games (didn’t hurt Stewart last year) but has had some utterly dominant games.
It’s the biggest farce I’ve ever seen and that’s saying something, it has forever discredited any merit placed in the team.

I wish the club completely turned its nose up at the award but that’s just me taking it to far

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone who is good a this gif stuff super impose Damos head onto Leonardo Di Caprio as he’s clinging to the life raft in titanic and send it to him with appropriate commentary around his continued belligerence regarding a form of tanking please?
That's a lot of work to be instantly blocked without a response.

Is it? I eiukk ok don’t know how difficult it is hence the ask for help. Surely being blocked would be a badge of honour?
He's got a very fragile ego. He'll block anyone as a troll for even the slightest hint of suggesting he should be accountable for what he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back