Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Just said on the radio that he understands if form is not there he won't play - a discussion all senior players have at the back end of their careers

If he is playing in the main side next year...it simply has to be in a forward pocket. This would be the best spot for him as he can kick a goal and can mark overhead and won't be expected to run midfield AND it would allow Rachele and Rankine more time in the middle...but you just know they won't look at it like that inside the club
Who does he replace, Rankine? Rachele? Thilthorpe?
No matter where they put him he is taking away from a young, developing player

How many 11 games?

We used to have a waiting list.
Members stand was 2/3 empty for the critical GWS game on a great day.

The AFC is just a corporation pretending to be a footy club. I struggle to support them anymore. 8 years of podcasting about these pricks and it turns out I've been podcasting about an entertainment company. Jokes on me I guess.

Sloane declaring in his press conference that he's a long way off the sort of form that should see him in the SANFL demonstrates that there is absolutely no hard or accurate feedback being delivered within the club.
Everything is wrong with his statement. He has an air of the club owes me. He can get ****ed.

Hall's Creek is 2,661km from Perth where McAdam's family reside unless you think he's suiting up for a team in the Kimberley's?

Heard where exactly that Crouch wants to leave because I've heard from the right people both he and his partners preference is to stay in Adelaide...of course he may have no other options if Nicks pushes him out the door.
Never understand the McAdam to Perth angle

He's spent far more of life here in Adelaide, and been far more successful here

If he's going, its just as likely to be to a Melbourne, or any other club really

Tough calls got made end of 2019 so.....SMH.
On the back of overwhelming public pressure. They got dragged kicking and screaming to that review, after telling us to go support another club.

They appeased the masses and are now returning to the norm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully he doesn't get many games next season, need a young player to develop and gain more experience in the midfield.

We shouldn't be extending players who are at retirement age and don't perform. Tex was a no brainer, in the best form he has been in years. Sloane unfortunately has not proven he's worthy to still play in the A's
We said that for Thommo.
We said that for Van Berlo.
We said that for Otten.
We said that for Murphy.
We said that for Mackay.
We said that for Sloane.

Someone is not going to be on the list next year because we gave a spot on the farewell tour to Rory.

Young players aren’t stupid, they can do the maths. No guarantee this decision will foster harmony in all quarters
"How did the boys react to the news"

"Ummm, I haven't told them yet.... oh you mean my team mates... ummm yeah... excited"

Bullshit.

Apparently Silver's was lamenting folks (like me) who have full season memberships and haven't been going to games in Brisbane on the weekend

I might take a few days and reflect on whether I really want to be invested in the club going forward

I might be happier not giving a * and just screaming at tv every weekend .. or going to beach with the dog
I've gone from going every time they are in Victoria to not at all and just watching on TV. It doesn't help we played in regional stadiums until round 15 but regardless, I haven't been to any of the Melbourne games.

I drift in and out of games and barely watched any of the Brisbane game.

AFL is not as good as it used to be and the Crows have been massively dissapointing for a number of years due to decisions like this.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The nuffies on social media actually think he is still a good player.

No wonder we haven't won anything in 25 years.

They see the 5-10 minutes of good stuff from Rory each week, turn a blind eye to the 65-70 minutes of rubbish.

A lot of them picked Rory Laird as our best player last week, says it all.

On the back of overwhelming public pressure. They got dragged kicking and screaming to that review, after telling us to go support another club.

They appeased the masses and are now returning to the norm.
I wasn't talking about the CM review, I was talking about correctly moving all the senior players and going down a complete list rebuild. We could have kept some and sneak a win or 2 but didn't.

Oh FFS!

Everyone can see he is cooked. Why would Nicks set Sloane up to fail. Odds are against him contributing anything more then bit parts and he will be required to be managed several times. The likely hood he will simply get forced out of the side by younger more dynamic players and reduced to a Sanfl role.

You only have to look at the tough decisions Clarkson made at Hawthorn in an attempt to refresh the list. Hodge went to Brisbane, Mitchell to West Coast, Lewis to Melbourne.

Even Scott at North made a tough decision by letting Petrie go to the Eagles.

I've gone from going every time they are in Victoria to not at all and just watching on TV. It doesn't help we played in regional stadiums until round 15 but regardless, I haven't been to any of the Melbourne games.

I drift in and out of games and barely watched any of the Brisbane game.

AFL is not as good as it used to be and the Crows have been massively dissapointing for a number of years due to decisions like this.

Yeah .. food and beer prices - when I can buy a case of beer for $50 or go to game and have 4 pints for the same? It nothing short of absurd.

Constant rule changes the umpires can't even keep up with - FMD - even the existing rules - J Cameron against Collingwood - JFC - absurd

A team designed to provide entertainment at home - yet not be a serious club about winning a GF - GAGF

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back