Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Club couldnt give a flying fxxk about us..

Roo will simply pull out his famous “those unhappy supporters can go support another club” line..

His best mate and business partner Rory deserves another year at full pay!

It will be the long term death of the club. We don't seek to be a club that is supported for excellence.

The club is happy to ride the 'back the club regardless of performance' fans for as long as there's something left in the tank. And they're thinning out. We have dwindling crowds, dwindling interest, and dwindling support.

It will get to the point where the only one left is Baccs.

Thanks for inspiring me to add another one to the growing list and avoid 22.6 meaningless average contributions per day
Yawn..

no one here gives a fuxk if you read their comments or not..

stop thinking your some sort of guru who we all hope reads our shite..

no one cares.

Yawn..

no one here gives a fuxk if you read their comments or not..

stop thinking your some sort of guru who we all hope reads our shite..

no one cares.

Careful, if you keep this going he'll start telling the zero people who care that he doesn't want to catch up with you off the forum.

Sloane declaring in his press conference that he's a long way off the sort of form that should see him in the SANFL demonstrates that there is absolutely no hard or accurate feedback being delivered within the club.

I really hope you and others are correct.. but would anyone here honestly put it past this club at the moment?..

what do you all reckon sloane will be on then?..

throw some figures around..

Cmon. I get the frustration with some decisions the club makes but hopefully you do actually believe they are trying to win and trying to be as successful as possible. I would expect Sloane to be on $300k plus incentives which could get him up around $450-500k. So potentially the average AFL wage - I would not expect him to be in our top 10.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not quite- you left open the possibility that he was expressing it as an independent view ;)
Sorry. I meant he was supporting it right up to the point the club chose to not do it

Cmon. I get the frustration with some decisions the club makes but hopefully you do actually believe they are trying to win and trying to be as successful as possible. I would expect Sloane to be on $300k plus incentives which could get him up around $450-500k. So potentially the average AFL wage - I would not expect him to be in our top 10.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's honestly impossible to form the view that the club is even doing a quality enough assessment to know that Rory isn't important to our prospects of success and worth a big salary.

If his recount of the quality of his season based upon his conversations with Nicks is accurate, and there's no present information that could contradict it, we've been positively reinforcing what he's doing.

Why wouldn't we pay a premium to avoid missing out on that?

No and never has been, fairly clear the coaching team rate McAdam highly, has just been injured/suspended at the absolute worst times this year. He was our most used I50 target on the weekend, so clearly he’s important to our ball movement and rated that way internally.
Yeah that's why we sign Murphy to a 2 year deal, Sloane for another year yet Shane remains in limbo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too much focus on one player that isn't up to it. Other clubs don't seem to have this problem.

Hopefully he doesn't get many games next season, need a young player to develop and gain more experience in the midfield.

We shouldn't be extending players who are at retirement age and don't perform. Tex was a no brainer, in the best form he has been in years. Sloane unfortunately has not proven he's worthy to still play in the A's

Last edited:
He actually doesn’t speak that well which given his “leadership skills” and being captain is not what one would expect. The amount of “umms” 👎

And yes, I’ve was involved with Toastmasters back 25 years ago which is how you learn public speaking.

To be fair, he didn't get a lot of experience as captain, what with constantly hiding behind Tex for the difficult press conferences as the club plummeted.

This is really concerning, did he say this?

Paraphrasing, he said that if he wasn't performing he'd expect to play SANFL, that's the same for any player, and he was a long way off that because he still has the drive or words to that effect.

What on earth 'the drive' has to do with the performance results, I'm not sure, other than that our club massively overrates 'effort' compared to 'plays good football'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back