Autopsy Round 24, 2023: Brisbane v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

No he was poor.

Its a dilemma for the selectors. King and Membrey are locks, but none of the other three pick themselves.

A few more games and I think Hayes would be the one but he's underdone.

Just have a sneaky feeling that Caminiti might be a finals player.
Personally, I would go that way (Hammer). His contested marking in the vfl was sublime.

I loved Phillipou in the middle today. A taste of the future.

What cost us was in the third quarter when we got really on top but conceded three very sloppy goals. Brisbane's midfield is very good and for large parts of the game they were well on top but we never gave up.

I thought in the last quarter we just kept going even though we looked totally cooked which is a great effort.

The umpiring was laughably bad. How you can have four out there and not see Wilkie's head get punched in a contest is beyond me. The soft in the back against Owens. And then at the end, how do you not pay a 50 to Higgins?

Would've been amazing to win but more and more I'm seeing our kids stepping up and it's so exciting. Windy, Owens, Pou and Nasiah all fantastic today.

Go Dees and Blues.

I loved Phillipou in the middle today. A taste of the future.

What cost us was in the third quarter when we got really on top but conceded three very sloppy goals. Brisbane's midfield is very good and for large parts of the game they were well on top but we never gave up.

I thought in the last quarter we just kept going even though we looked totally cooked which is a great effort.

The umpiring was laughably bad. How you can have four out there and not see Wilkie's head get punched in a contest is beyond me. The soft in the back against Owens. And then at the end, how do you not pay a 50 to Higgins?

Would've been amazing to win but more and more I'm seeing our kids stepping up and it's so exciting. Windy, Owens, Pou all fantastic today.

Go Dees and Blues.

Pretty sure the AFL want sides in Queensland and Sydney to be successful so as long as the umpiring up there is favouring the home team they are happy. They have no integrity. It's always growth first, equity second. The system is rigged to favour certain clubs. If it's not a directive it's certainly not discouraged.

Pretty sure the AFL want sides in Queensland and Sydney to be successful so as long as the umpiring up there is favouring the home team they are happy. They have no integrity. It's always growth first, equity second. The system is rigged to favour certain clubs. If it's not a directive it's certainly not discouraged.
It was farcically one sided today but that's just what you come to expect. Probably a good warm up for potentially playing in Sydney next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cordy been very good imo. Reliable without the goal-causing blunders
Agree. Not quite as nervous with him back there. Just gets on with the job, doesn’t bite off more than he can chew.

About 4.5 lines written about the Saints on the AFL site post match report. Brisbane deserved to ruin us from what I can make out. Certainly didn't look that way watching the game. I thought we matched them pretty well as the game went on. We have a lot to work with.
I'll be pissed if we finish 7th-8th. We deserve a shot at a home game. Think we can rumble a win or two on the way.
Loved RTB's presser.

Out: Hayes, Sharman
In: King, Ross

Sub: Stocker

Battle, Wilkie, Webster
Sinclair, Cordy, Milera
Wood, Steele, Byrnes
Owens, Membrey, Hill
Higgins, King, Gresham

Marshall
Crouch
Pou

Ross, Butler, Windhager, Clark

You're the number 2 Sharman hater behind cairnsman.

Was a hard day for forwards
Jeez - thats about as silly as me calling you the chief Caminiti or Hayes hater.

Third tall fwd position is between Hayes, Caminiti and Sharman - discuss on talent - just don't name call posters simply because the one you prefer had a poor game.

i know Brisbane kicked badly but overall i was happy with the effort by the Saints players . Losing Battle made it hard for us but they kept on trying . Thought Higgins deserved a 50 meter penality after he marked the ball right near the end , obviously whoever does the highlights package for the AFL thought so too as they included that in the package . Still , given they havent lost up there this year and were playing for second place , i am happy and looking forward to the finals .

Cordy been very good imo. Reliable without the goal-causing blunders
Few years younger than Doug isn’t he? Can be our Zak Dawson if we get a good offer for Howard.

Trained with the no contract hat on Thursday. Should be available if we want to go that way.

Going to be a tough choice. Might just be match up dependant.
the way Cordy has been playing it would be a tough call to leave him out .

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 24, 2023: Brisbane v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back